Have you ever met anyone famous?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Have you ever met anyone famous?

I don't know if Richard Tyson was ever considered famous (Two Moon Junction, Kindergarten Cop, Three O'Clock High), but I met him on a bus in Englewood on the way to a Lakers game. We talked about basketball (this was at the tail end of the Bird/Magic era -- the Bulls were in town and I remember having to tell him that Michael Jordan would not be playing that night) and I had no idea who he was until he was getting off the bus by the Forum in Englewood and he said, "Look for my movie on cable -- 'You made me mad, Jerry.'"  I recognized the line from Three O'Clock High and I said, "Hey, I saw that. I love that movie." And he got off the bus and that's my celebrity story. He was just a regular guy who acted in movies for a living. I remember right after that he got a series on NBC called Hardball, with the guy who played Judge Rheinhold's partner in the Beverly Hills Cop movies -- it lasted about a month and a half, I think, and I used to tell all my friends whenever it was on, "Hey, I know that guy."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from swissmiss150. Show swissmiss150's posts

I saw Jack Kennedy when he had been elected but not yet sworn in.  He was outside his D.C. home to make an announcement,along with his press secretary, Pierre Salinger.  I was surprised at how reddish his hair looked in the winter sun.

I shook hands with Mickey Rooney.  He was appearing at a theatre in suburban Wash. and when he first came into the hall, he completely broke character and shook hands with everyone in the front row!

Last week I was thrilled to see Barack Obama.  He was in a motorcade on Easter Monday coming down 14th St. in D.C. and his limo turned right in front of me.  A man in a shiny black limo turned his head to the right, saw the small group of us, and started to smile and wave.  I'm still on Cloud 9.

It was a long motorcade and I had no idea what car to look into.  The woman next to me was looking at the wrong car and missed the president completely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dottie347. Show dottie347's posts

I've met Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell, Lou Rawls, Richie Ashburn, Dick Vermeil, James Daren and Jeff ? (Kinickie from Grease). I was in the restaurant business and waited on these people who were all very nice (Richie Ashburn is a cheapskate). I have met other people from a news team in Phila also.
    Fun times..........Dottie347

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Conaway.

The guy who played Kinickie (and also Bobby Wheeler on Taxi) was Jeff Conaway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ELAINE18. Show ELAINE18's posts

having dinner at the bacarat room in Caesar's palace in Las Vegas, I saw Steve Lawrence and Eyde Gorme.  I quickly went over to them and introduced myself.. They asked me where I was from, and I quickly replied, "Pak the ca in the havad yad.  Thet thought that was so clever that they made me repeat it a half dozen time.. Finally, I told them I was starving and my husband was waiting for me. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

It was in Westboro, where there was a 5 mile race. I was the official timer and Bob Cousy was the starter, so we stood right next to each other and of course we chatted while the race was on. He was taller than I had expected

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from czechschilling. Show czechschilling's posts

I was in the "Stump the Band" part of the TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON about 30 years ago.  A friend and I had travelled crosscountry by train to California.  While waiting in line for tickets to the show, we met a man and his wife from Mass.  The man was from Africa and doing graduate work in the Boston area.  He befriended us and we were backup singers to his rendition of a "limbo" song.  I shook Johnny Carson's hand and, of course, had a great free dinner coutesy of the TONIGHT SHOW. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Anthony Quinn - a very large man with a very strong handshake.

He gave the commencement address to my college graduating class.  When they announced him as the keynote speaker, he spoke brirefly in the art building and then walked through the gallery where I was working.  We spoke for a few minutes about the art on display; he shook my hand and said I was doing a great job.  He was a champion for artists and a good painter in his own right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I can't believe I've been surfing this thing for ten years now and this is the first time I've seen a picture of Chairman Meow.

Hilarious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe I've been surfing this thing for ten years now and this is the first time I've seen a picture of Chairman Meow. Hilarious.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Chairman Meow (The People's Cat) thanks you.

Please accept this gift of a nice, tasty fish head.

Chow!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts2008. Show Celts2008's posts

I did Linda Lovelace.

Gag

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diflo. Show diflo's posts

When I was a child, I lived in Winchester on Chestnut St. and Frankie Fontaine lived a few blocks away on Highland.  My sister went to school with the Fontaine children and Mr. Fontaine sponsored their First Communion.  My uncle worked for the Globe, so we went back stage and met Poncho, Leo Carillo, from the Cisco Kid.  I also personally met the mayor of Pango Pango.   Of all famous people I have met, the most interesting and down to earth man was Glenn Seaborg. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I met ex-Bruins player Rick Middleton in the 90's and chatted for a couple of minutes.

I used to know the CNN and once local R.I. news reporter Beverly Schuch , I spoke with her many times when I used to work in a small town she lived in.

Two very nice, wonderful people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whenever. Show whenever's posts

Yes I've met and seen many famous people like Mick Jagger, Mikail Gorbachev, Goldie Hawn, Eva Mendes on and on, but I'm NOT a CELEBRITY WORSHIPPOR like you people. Most celebrities could care less about you, yet you WORSHIP THEM. They are human just like us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

On occasion.  And they meet me, too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justynee713. Show Justynee713's posts

ive met fall out boy.   but then again i paid 150 dollars for a meet and greet and they werent all there. and it was the most unorganized event ive ever been to.  at 150 dollars i would hope all the band members would be there.. but nope one wasnt there because he got "stuck in traffic"   it was a pretty big dissapointment.  But on the positive side they were extrememely nice ! and pretty cool.   But i dont think i would ever pay another 150 to do it again. - i dont know

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from manda125. Show manda125's posts

Well Justynee,just be glad you didn't pay 150 to see Britney Spears in concert at the garden,where meet and greets weren't an option and the seats were not front row =/.

On a lighter note,I met Aubrey "Drake" Graham of the Canadian show "Degrassi:The Next Generation",who is now an up and coming rapper...his concert was amazing and he was soo sweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justynee713. Show Justynee713's posts

yea i guess your right. that does stink big time i would be even more mad if i didnt geet good seats but the only reason i did wassss because it was first come first serve!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from footsyball. Show footsyball's posts

I met Mike Myers dialing his phone on my friend's doorstep off Bleeker Street.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Have you ever met anyone famous?:
    [QUOTE]Yes I've met and seen many famous people like Mick Jagger, Mikail Gorbachev, Goldie Hawn, Eva Mendes on and on, but I'm NOT a CELEBRITY WORSHIPPOR like you people. Most celebrities could care less about you, yet you WORSHIP THEM. They are human just like us.
    Posted by whenever[/QUOTE]

I'm not human.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Martha1. Show Martha1's posts

In Response to Re: Have you ever met anyone famous?:
    [QUOTE]having dinner at the bacarat room in Caesar's palace in Las Vegas, I saw Steve Lawrence and Eyde Gorme.  I quickly went over to them and introduced myself.. They asked me where I was from, and I quickly replied, "Pak the ca in the havad yad.  Thet thought that was so clever that they made me repeat it a half dozen time.. Finally, I told them I was starving and my husband was waiting for me. 
    Posted by ELAINE18[/QUOTE]

That's funny!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Martha1. Show Martha1's posts

I have met or literally run into famous people, but, as a rule, I feel as if I am invading their privacy and don't speak, just smile if they smile at me (knowing that I recognize them).

I have run into Alan Alda, former Mayor Kevin White, Yo-Yo Ma, Sejii Ozawa and (ha ha! get this!) Hop-a-long Cassidy, whom only those of us around 60 or older would remember from childhood TV.

Tip O'Neill lived across the street from our summer house but I never spoke to him - saw him, but he was usually in D.C. anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

It's very impolite to ask for money from a star even though you know they'll waste it on their pets,their former wives,fast cars,drugs,and less worthy charities than yourself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Debbie. Show Debbie's posts

Aerosmith.....great guys by the way!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I met De Niro when I was in NYC. He seemed very nice. It was just a hello/nice day limited conversation.

My sis, on the hand has met everyone. Pitt, Damon, Clooney, Jolie, Andre 3000 etc...she routinely gets passes to film festivals in New York and Toronto based on the fact that her company is major sponser in just about everything. She did a product tie with Pirates of the Carribean on got invited to the LA premiere where she met Depp, Knightly and Orlando Bloom.

Funny story, she had a picture of her and Brad Pitt at the Toronto Film Festival she took with her cell phone.....which she....(snicker snicker) promptly left in a cab.

Her facebook page has a photo section called Hooray For Hollywood with said pictures.....but alas I've said to much.

Once dated a girl whose old man met Marilyn Monroe; which completely trumps my De Niro run in.

I, personally, don't care much for this sort of thing. I don't chase or follow celebrities at all, so any encounter would be purely luck and happenstance.

Oh and Danny Bonaduce in a bar at JFK. That's it. That's all.