1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

NBC's treatment of Ann Curry was beyond appalling

What could she have possibly done that merited the humiliation that they put her through?  That's rhetorical.  There is nothing.  She was treated like someone who had committed some horrible public transgression.  Metaphorically taken out and publicly executed.

I've had no special feeling for her before now, though I did think she earned the job at the time. Now I wish NBC's appalling treatment would engender a backlash of commensurate proportion.

Disgusting.

Hopefully she will get a better gig than the one that's part of the payoff that saves NBC's face, but not hers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: NBC's treatment of Ann Curry was beyond appalling

Savannah Guthrie is her replacement (she's younger). 
    Don't understand why anyone is surprised by this, worse things go on everyday in the workplace with regular people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Channel 7 news has too much T&A and flashing lights,  I've been leaning toward Channel 4 at least they try to act a bit sophisticated and the old guy is softer on the eyes, I gave up on Channel 5 a while ago, I'm tired of seeing Susan Wornick and Randy Price doing the news, gives me flash backs of the 70s!  
    Oh and I forgot I'm sick of watching Kathy Lee (Channel 7) drinking wine at 11AM, she really blew it last month asking Martin Short about his wife  (the woman passed away from cancer almost two years ago)  no excuse for her not knowing that bit of information prior to interviewing him. 
    Her sidekick Hoda isn't very interesting either and she seems rather condescending.  
    Kelly Ripa (Channel 5) when are they going to address her anorexia?  She is dangerously thin!  
    Sorry, I went off on a tangent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hey, it was a business decision.  
    Narcissistic men usually don't do well with emotional goodbyes,  think Donald Trump..."You're fired!" 
    Maybe Matt would have preferred something like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In Response to Re: NBC's treatment of Ann Curry was beyond appalling:
    Hey, it was a business decision.
    Posted by Robin39

OK, I guess I was off -- wrong.  Turns out that their ratings were really plunging.  Whether or not it was her fault, or Charley Rose's, or a combination of factors/personalities, NBC had to do something ASAP, however clumsily, so as not to lose their dominance.  She was it.  But I still hold to my concern that it was hammer and tongs.  (That's two, NBC, or is it three?)

This comes back to mind a propos of the report on the numbers, and watching how they really don't seem to know what to do with her at the Olympics.  She's on screen, in the near background, looking like she's having trouble finding her block, then missing in the next shot, then back in back.  No feature stories.  Perhaps she'll get her own events and things will settle out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Meanwhile,  Savannah Guthrie is struggling.    
    Migraines are NASTY and stress is a major migraine trigger.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/20/savannah-guthrie-suffering-from-debilitiating-migraines-after-taking-ann-curry/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Migraines are NASTY and stress is a major migraine trigger.
    Posted by Robin39

You bet they are.  And you bet it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ann Curry visited her old morning frenemies for the first time since her ouster from The Today Show in June when she paid a visit to Today's set in London to introduce this riveting piece on ... okay, who cares? The word is that she still hates Matt Lauer. "Curry's banter with Lauer seemed polite but distant. Lauer said 'nice to see you' at the outset and 'good to see you' at the end. Curry returned neither sentiment," The Associated Press reported, doing its best Us Weekly impersonation.

If you look at the video of their encounter below, you'll see she can barely make eye contact (this is us doing our Us Weekly impersonation) with Lauer when she says "good morning" (which is basically a throwaway phrase in Curry-speak). If you haven't been following the anthropological study of Curry-Lauer relations closely, the running narrative is that Curry holds resentment for her $25 million-per-year co-host for not standing up for her when NBC executives gave her the boot (reportedly for its saggy ratings, though Curry has told Ladies Home Journal her bosses also hated her perky outfits). Well, she's been absolutely chilly to him which is apparently a no-no for morning people like the happy mutants you'll find on Today, and that's partly why we all of a sudden care about this whole mess. Of course, if NBC were smart, they'd actually warn us about Curry's upcoming appearances, and we could all set our DVRs for ensuing awkwardness of smiley, jerkish Lauer and chilly Curry instead of letting it be lost during the show's second hour. It can't hurt the ratings, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I like Ann but the problem went deeper and her replacement will not be the answer.

As far as her treatment, she is still employed by NBC and still collecting a rather large pay check.  So not to worry about Ann.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I don't understand why no one else - another producer or network - has picked her up.  It happens so often in talk shows and sports one would think it would be easy enough, unless ... what?  She wasn't awful, and committed no on-air or extra-curricular sins that have come to light.  Maybe no one wants to make this mess theirs?  Maybe she told off someone high up behind the scenes and messed her bed, or she needed to sell out for the semi-severence?  This is way more than I care about her - really - but it remains intriguing because there are loose ends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

http://hollywoodandswine.com/fired-today-show-co-host-ann-curry-lands-new-job-as-middle-school-bus-monitor/

Whew.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from melody135. Show melody135's posts

Ann curry should start a new career on youtube. Who's need big network?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

OK, I guess I was off -- wrong.  Turns out that their ratings were really plunging.  Whether or not it was her fault, or Charley Rose's, or a combination of factors/personalities, NBC had to do somethingASAP, however clumsily, so as not to lose their dominance.  She was it.  But I still hold to my concern that it was hammer and tongs.  (That's two, NBC, or is it three?)

This comes back to mind a propos of the report on the numbers...

And now comes a report on WBZ this morning that Good Morning America has been cleaning Today's clock:  Averaging over 5 million watchers to NBC's 4 million.  Spin-wise, as well as factually, this has got to be a debacle for NBC.

And I do still wonder if adding Charlie Rose has anything to do with it -- and, if so, may have been the best thing GMA has ever done.

Robin39, I'm not trying to pursue a dueling threads course, but just wanted tie into the earlier reports that the numbers were looking bad for NBC.  Turns out that they were looking into the abyss (and they had the Olympics!).

By the way, do watchers think that if all ( three or so watching ;-) ) of us assault boston.com at once about the scores of misplaced (etc.!) threads in this forum, that they might hear us?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No!   boston.com will just tell you that they are working hard to resolve these issues and to please be patient,  and oh, they will make note of any complaints or concerns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

I don't understand why no one else - another producer or network - has picked her up.  It happens so often in talk shows and sports one would think it would be easy enough, unless ... what?  She wasn't awful, and committed no on-air or extra-curricular sins that have come to light.  Maybe no one wants to make this mess theirs?  Maybe she told off someone high up behind the scenes and messed her bed, or she needed to sell out for the semi-severence?  This is way more than I care about her - really - but it remains intriguing because there are loose ends.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/ann-curry-not-allowed-by-_n_2566120.html

Irony: Perhaps Mr. Zucker likes her after all.  

Soon time to update the score card?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Chelsea's turn...

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/rubbing_lauer_nose_in_it_9xpmT4hdhcs5NYhYDL372I?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

Sections
Shortcuts