Nick Ashford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Nick Ashford

Nick Ashford of Ashford and Simpson passed away yesterday.  I had the pleasure of seeing the great duo sing at Symphony Hall a few times.   They were always live, something which most singers of today have no clue on how to do.

The two moved across the stage as smoothly as anyone I have seen.  The place was sold out and the concert went much longer than expected.  The two also produced more club hits than most performers.  I would always hit the dance floor when their songs came on.

In addtion to being great singers, these two wonderful people have written for the best.  Rest in Mr. Ashford.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Nick Ashford

I saw Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson at "Scullers Jazz Club"  3 years ago, so glad I did, consummate performers.  He looked so healthy and fit,  I'm surprised by the news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Thank you:

I wish I had caught that, Scullers must have been a great place to see them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

www.scullersjazz.com   Yes,  I love that place,  wish I could afford to go more often.  The intimate venue is great.  I recommend the dinner package because you're more likely to get seated up front.   I've seen Herb Alpert, The Delfonics, Melissa Manchester, The Manhattans, Chris Botti and Jack Jones there...just to name a few.   http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-nick-ashford-20110824,0,1896038.story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It is a loss for sure...he made a lot of incredible music. Their dance music is great..but their love songs are well..amazing. They are a staple on my Ipod. I am trying to pick a favorite.  I guess I would have to go with Tonight We Escape.
    Nice post and thanks for remembering such a talented musician.

Sections
Shortcuts