1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

One of "those" moments in Medford .....with the Dalai Lama

I was walking out of a shopping mall in Meffa - can't remember its name, but it's anchored by a Marshalls and has a Hometown Buffet in it - and here came the Dalai Lama with a monk on either side of him.  I held the door for them, and he said, "Thanks".  He spoke at the Westin last night, and is speaking at MIT tonight.  I don't "follow" him, in the broad sense, but thought this would be a biggie if I did.  OK, even if I don't.

Greg, if you ever watch this board, what mall is it?  I'll add it to the title.

Oh, and just in case this seemed to indicate a special relationship with the cosmos... On the Green Line later, a woman was having a hard time managing all her stuff.  There was the usual rabbit start, and her coffee flew.  Several of us got "regulared".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: One of

Did seeing him make you smile?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjray7. Show jjray7's posts

The Dalai Lama in a shopping mall, who would have thunk?  I assume he was just passing through the mall from his hotel or something.  What would the Dalai Lama buy in a mall?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thank you, Greg. It was surely he.

DirtyWaterLover, it did make the hair stand up on my arms when I recognized him.  But as I indicated, I don't give much of a hoot about him.  Figuring there would implications if I decided to be a follower at that moment (cameras and lots of friends around) I continued to the parking lot, so I don't know if he were going in to the Marshalls, to the buffet, and/or to buy socks.  It made me wonder if he'd spent time and knew the area before he became famous. 

Thus, my initial question to Greg - the only person I "know" in Meffa - here and over on the Meffa board.

(The reason I was in the area was to find gas for the car after a Costco and Job Lots spree.  Then I spotted the Marshalls.  Maybe he did the same?)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

That mall was once a drive-in, and you could watch skin flicks from just about anywhere.  Wellington Station too, which was better as it was surrounded by high reeds, so you could smoke weed, drink beer and pop a chubby

Ah, what couldn't we do at them.  Home 20 to a station wagon or a Westfalia, all parked backwards.  It's how you knew the age bracket of the occupants.  Alas, all (of mine) gone to shopping malls, everywhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Maybe the Dalai Lama ( I always want to spell that with two 'L's) went to the mall to Dilly Dalai?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

That'd be my guess.  They certainly didn't look llost.

Sections
Shortcuts