Paula Deen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Paula Deen

Fat-push Paula has diabetes

Last Updated: 6:38 AM, January 14, 2012

Posted: 12:58 AM, January 14, 2012

Southern-cuisine queen Paula Deen — whose fat-soaked recipes include such diet busters as ribs, fried chicken, cheesy meatloaf and fried egg and bacon atop a burger served between glazed doughnuts — has been trying to hide that she’s been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, which is associated with fatty foods and obesity, The Daily reported yesterday.

But now that her secret’s out, the Food Network star is signing a multimillion-dollar deal with a drug maker to endorse medication she’ll need to survive.

“[She is] gonna have to reposition herself, gonna have to start cooking healthier recipes,” a source said. “She can’t keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she’s hawking a diabetes drug.”

DEEN -
    DEEN

Last August, TV chef Anthony Bourdain called Deen “the worst, most dangerous person to America” and suggested she “think twice before telling an already obese nation that it’s OK to eat food that is killing us.”

She hit back: “You know, not everybody can afford $58 for prime rib or $650 for a bottle of wine. My friends and I cook for regular families who worry about feeding their kids and paying the bills.”

Her rep declined comment yesterday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Paula Deen

I want to hear about her clogged arteries, by-pass surgery and stint's being put in place too!

How the heck do you put a stick of butter into 90% of your recipes and consider it good for you?

I make 1 fried meal a year, this chick fries everything it seems!

I never liked her or her show, I got "bloated" just hearing her voice!  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cable2006h. Show cable2006h's posts

Speaking as a diabetic this woman should be ashamed of herself.  Maybe once she realizes how devastating a disease diabetes can be she will learn but money talks etc etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

....after they have to amputate a leg it will all sink in

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

As she's a cultural icon for a region and the reach of its influence, that culture sure has rallied to her side.  (Hint:  It's the one with a vested interest in smoking that argues one side of that issue to the death.)  This sordid story is headed toward an end like the Greek tragedy that it is.  In the meantime, hopefully it's motivating the opposition.  (Go, Mr. Bourdain!)  But even this probably won't end the story.  The anti-enlightenment folks always know better about the meaning of good and evil.