RAMSEY LEWIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

RAMSEY LEWIS

Anyone remember this guy?  Way beyond cool!   

Thursday - Friday
    March 8-9, 2012       Scullers Jazz Club.                       Ramsey Lewis first captivated fans with his first album “Ramsey Lewis And The Gentlemen of Swing” by the Ramsey Lewis Trio in 1956. By 1965, he was one of the nation’s most successful jazz pianists, topping the charts with “The In Crowd,” “Hang On Sloopy” and “Wade In The Water.” He has three Grammy Awards and seven gold records to his credit. Often called legendary, Mr. Lewis concedes “It’s a high honor when someone says so, but I don’t see myself that way. What keeps me enthusiastic and energizes me, is the realization that the more I learn, the more I find there is to know.” He was awarded the 2006 Stellar Award for Best Gospel Instrumental Album, “With One Voice” presented in January 2007. He was also the recipient of the National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Masters Award in January 2007. Mr. Lewis has received five (5) honorary doctorate degrees and numerous other accolades.   PS:  Check out the lineup at Scullers for May!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: RAMSEY LEWIS

I remember the Ramsey Lewis Trio and somewhere probably have them on vinyl.

My parents used to play a Christmas album of theirs at the holidays and it was really great.  (Now thinking about it, I wish I did have a way to convert that album!)