What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?

Did you love Madonna's halftime show? Were you happy with the mix of songs? What did you think of the man performing acrobatic moves on the tight-rope?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

Re: What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?

Granny looked pretty good all decked out.  But she is 53 singing Give me all your Lovin.

I mean seriously folks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pamola707. Show Pamola707's posts

great show.  can't say the same for the music.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxbham. Show bosoxbham's posts

A halftime show with has=beens and wanna-bes, with the exception of C-Lo.  ick.  If it wasn't for the mtv video qualities, it wouldn't have been worth even a moment of viewing.  How about real musicians, like when Springsteen or the Stones or even Aerosmith performed for the halftime event?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KileyU. Show KileyU's posts

Thought it was fantastic and certainly one of the best half-time shows.

Kiley

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ldharding. Show ldharding's posts

It was great, if you dropped out of school after the 8th grade. I guess that a lot of kids DO watch he halftime show, but next year, how about gearing it to the grown ups?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blvdgerard. Show blvdgerard's posts

Heh Madonna:Ethel Merman and Kate Smith called.They both agree that you have been accepted as a genuine has beenThey invited you for a mani/pedi at their podiatrist next week.Boulevard Gerard

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGrayOne. Show TheGrayOne's posts

It was a sad performance of the song 'Vogue', hardly reminiscent of the original dancing skill she once had. The lip synching made me wince.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tresav. Show tresav's posts

She was boring and everyone else did all the work
    In Response to What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?:
    [QUOTE]Did you love Madonna's halftime show? Were you happy with the mix of songs? What did you think of the man performing acrobatic moves on the tight-rope?
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Madonna sucked and always have.   Lip-synching, once again - she doesn't understand less is better - production never really competes with live music & live singing.   She hires mainstream choreographers who are so over done with other acts and it's all very tired.  She never had an original thought in her entire career, hence her need to 'reinvent' eerrr.....copy.  Such a fraud.  Can we maybe have acts like Green Day; Foo Fighters - some real musicians for the next Superbowl?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losbombarderos. Show losbombarderos's posts

It was so boring that at some point I thought they were going to bang the gong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paisit. Show Paisit's posts

I know it's lipsync, but love it and love it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Her head mic crapped out early on.  Compromised all her moves, especially the money ones.  Bummer.

While I agree in the main with most of the comments about her being past her prime (which was what much of the whole thing was about - would she be or wouldn't she be?) I was rooting for her to come out as good as ever.  When the prevailing verdict - not necessarily here - is that she's 53, not so much.  Bummer.

Did you see her completely miss at least a couple of jumps from one level to another - especially the one up to the simulated stands?  Give-away: The director couldn't audible a camera switch quickly enough.  Bummer.

Giving the benefit of the doubt: Maybe it was all about trying to factor the hand-held into the choreography.  Bummer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DONNAMOMOF7. Show DONNAMOMOF7's posts

i thought it was terrific.  if she missed jumps i think it was because of her injury she suffered while rehearsing.  but i suppose only players are given the mulligans when they have an injury...not a performer.  a nice blend of old school and new music.  BTW for those haters who feel bands like aerosmith are real performers....your wrong.  Madonna is the whole package....she writes, sings, and performs her OWN music...why isn't she in the same catergory as a rock group that writes, sings and performs their own music???  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Boring!   Doesn't anyone sing live anymore?  Lipsyncing was so obvious!  Why do these silly 50+ year old women try so hard to look and act 25!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DONNAMOMOF7. Show DONNAMOMOF7's posts

hey dog lady....why is ok for guys to try to act younger but not the woman???  Madonna looks great for 53....and she has worked hard to maintain that look....it's part of her package she sells.....even tom jones still gyrates on stage...but guys can get away with that stuff....woman are too critical of other woman....back off! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver1. Show madriver1's posts

One of the best halftime shows ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from limeaide. Show limeaide's posts

Terrific....Best ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Confession:  I can't believe that I saw the whole thing as I reported, but missed The Finger malfunction that's reported all over the news this morning, causing an NFL apology and NBC deflection.  Bummer that it's going to be THE halftime story...

http://www.google.com/search?q=madonna+halftime+finger&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
     Surprised
    BTW, I am a fan of Madonna, always have been.  She worked far too hard to have it turn out like this.  Or to have most of it be good, and the faults be the part that takes the headlines.

You know that the next shoe to drop will be seeing her dragged through the mud, asked to answer for it all, to see if she apologizes correctly.  "E", TMZ etc.  You know it will happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I hate the whole lip-sync thing. I don't think it should happen. The only two things I liked about it were the costumes and the World Peace at the end..other than that I think the halftime shows are mediocre at best the last few years.
    The whole thing is a bit overkill.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I don't understand the concept of lip-syncing.

The artist? claims time constraints, live show and wanting to be the best requires a back up tape....to which I reply BULL!

Live Aid represented the same "live without a net" environment.....the "live" singers know how to perform on a stage.

The half-time show  - My kid's and I laughed it off as a terrible "joke" of a performance by Madonna et al - pure trash!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

miscricket, always spot on in every forum to which she adds value.  Long may she post.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

I'm no fan of Madge, but I do like Cee Lo and MIA. I thought the old girl rocked it. She's certainly in better shape than I will ever dream of being, and i'm over 20 years younger than her. The stage itself was really cool. As for a proper rock band playing- fine enough, but are there any good rock bands out right now? The Foo Fighters blow. I wish DGrohl would stop yelling at all of us. It's so '94.