1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frodo777. Show Frodo777's posts

Best Arnold Schwarzenegger movie?

Associated Press movie critic Christy Lemire lists her <www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2011/05/26/5_best_arnold_schwarzenegger_movies/ "top 5 favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies">.
    What do you think is his best movie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frodo777. Show Frodo777's posts

Re: Best Arnold Schwarzenegger movie?

I have to go with his iconic role in Conan the Barbarian. He might have been a big slab of ham in that film and James Earl Jones was on autopilot, but everybody else was acting way over their heads.

The dialogue is quoted whenever you mention Schwarzenegger.

"That which does not kill you makes you stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche" [Quote shown at the beginning of the film].

Conan's father "Trust not man, nor woman, nor beast. This [gestures towards his sword] you can trust."

Khan of Khitai "I fear that my sons will never understand me. [...] Conan, what is best in life?"  
    Conan "To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

Thulsa Doom [Confronting Conan, who is there to kill him] "My son...I call you son, for who has been a father to you more than I. I made you, shaped you... I am the wellspring from which you flow. Without me, you would have never been..."

The Conan remake coming out later this year will have to beat the John Milius original, even if it is more like the stories.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NolgiTeps. Show NolgiTeps's posts

Gotta be Kindergarten Cop..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Twins.

I love "Total Recall".  His best acting was when he pulled the the tracking device out of his nose.

"Get to da choppa"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The original terminator was great because of the special effects and the story line was pretty original.  Arnold was a bad-a55 in that one.

The second one was cool because of Linda Hamilton.  They copped out by making Arnold a nice terminator, but the beginning was cool when he whipped the biker dudes.  The special effects were cool as well.

"I'll be bahck" and "get tout" were simple but great lines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Years ago Arnold was in a comedy western that starred Ann Margaret and Kirk Douglas.  Kirk Douglas played a bad guy dressed all in black.  In an early scene he goes into a bar and orders whiskey for him and beer for his horse.  He takes the shot of whiskey puts in his eye.  Then he takes another shot for his other eye.

Arnold's character, if I remember correctly, was named "handsome stranger".  He said that he was named after his father.

Terrible movie with some pretty funny bits.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

True Lies - funny!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Predator
    True Lies
    Twins

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

After thinking ( 2 seconds ) about the question. 

The strongest man is the man that sacrifices himself for the greater good.

End Of Days (1999)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

As a science fiction guy , I have to say the 3 Terminator movies are the best.

Arnold is perfect for the role. These movies have a good continuing storyline , but with Arnold as the cyborg they go from "real good" movies to "great" movies. He makes the cybornetic organism come to life as I believe no other human being ever could. His normal speech sounds robotic even when he isn't trying to sound like a robot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought Linda Hamilton made the second terminator film.  Hard to believe it was the same person from the first movie.  Totally hot in the second one.

Arnold was good in T2, but making him a "good" terminator was a little iffy.  And the 3rd one was terrible.  Claire Danes is terrible.  And she has cankles.

Predator was good.

"get to da choppa"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I have soft spots in my heart for both Kindergaten Cop (I actually know Richard Tyson) and True Lies (I've had a crush on Jamie Lee Curtis for 35 years), but Arnold was born the play the Terminator.