1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Best holiday movies?

In Response to Re: Best holiday movies?:
    In Response to Best holiday movies? : How could you idiots forget Miracle on 34th St in your Top 50....
    Posted by nufced

Bah humbug to you to - moron knucklehead balogna skin goof! Yell

Dag nab it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Another year...

...another holiday season where I refuse to sit through "A Christmas Story".

Sorry...I just don't like it.

"The Ref" has everything I need in a holiday flick - funny, irreverent, a drunken santa, jewel thieves and severe suburban dysfunction....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I suppose I'll chime in. "Bad Santa"
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

....just watched the unedited version of that the other night....very funny!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Meter. Show Meter's posts

The Grinch movie with Jim Carrey is extremely underrated - funny, smart and heartwarming. Every time you watch it you discover hilarious new lines that you didn't notice in previous viewings. In my opinion this film is at the top of the list of the newer (last 10-15 years or so) Christmas movies, most of which are difficult to get through in their entirety. Perhaps I'm a bit off-center, but in my opinion this movie is very underappreciated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevrndL1. Show RevrndL1's posts

Elf number 3 on list?  Oh please.  And no "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"?

Really, my best are: "Christmas Carol" w/George C. Scott
                                "Miracle on 34th Street" - the original NON-color version.
                                 "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"
                                 "White Christmas"
                                 "A Christmas Story" (because of the humor of the late
                                          humorist Jean Shepherd).
                                 "Charlie Brown's Christmas"

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

After watching 'Elf' I finally got off the fence and decided that Will Farrell has no talent. That movie should've been a howler.  Like all Farrell movies it misses.  Just misses.  He ought to leave me in stitches, but he never does. It's a fine line and he just doesn't have it.   I never got Chevy Chase in his time,  but I eventually did warm up to those Griswold flicks, so maybe I'll come around here too.  Switching to 'Bad Santa',  for a good 30 minutes or so I was thinking 'this movie really s-u-x".  Then something snapped and I was LMAO the rest of the way through it. My all time favorite Christmas movie remains 'The Shop Around the Corner'. 
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

I like Elf in part because my kid's do. You are correct Slim, Will Farrell is a bit over rated....you want a "bomb" try watching his movie Semi Pro! I think I shut it off after the opening credits! Talk about bad!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I never had kids, but I suspect things do look different when you're watching along with them.   Happy Holidays Roger!
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

You to Slim!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhhodsdon. Show jhhodsdon's posts

In Response to Best holiday movies?:
    [QUOTE]What movies will you be watching this holiday season? Are there any that you watch year after year? Tell us about it!

Scrooge with Albert Finney is #47??  That's ridiculous. That movie conveys the Christmas spirit better than any other besides "Wonderful Life" (and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas - where is that???????) Your readers have odd tastes.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritan1. Show ritan1's posts

While You Were Sleeping - a new classic screwball romantic comedy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpbf. Show jpbf's posts

I'm surprised that THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY didn't make the list.  I'm not a Christian, and the this song always chokes me up when I hear it.  The animated movie is quite touching.

I also very much enjoy an old TWILIGHT ZONE episode starring Art Carney.  Carney portrays a skid row drunk who metamorphizes int Santa Claus.  It's classic Rod Serling: very sentimental and thought-provoking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDope. Show TheDope's posts

What?  No "Trapped in Paradise?"  Where else do you get memorable lines like
    "I'm being held hostage on the night baby Jesus was born!" and "In the Firpo family, the man with half a brain is king."

Sections
Shortcuts