Golden Globes: What's your review?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SharonRealtor. Show SharonRealtor's posts

Re: Golden Globes: What's your review?

I thought it was hilarious!  I loved how he ragged on everyone.  some seemed put off by it but it was obvious eveyone knew he was going to do it.  I gave a laugh after a pathetic football game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I didn't watch it.  I don't have a television set. I'm not missing anything. I can go on line for what I need to know.

I want to know why, whenever I post on this type of comment board, my posts are always outlined in black.Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlyingDutchman. Show FlyingDutchman's posts

The Golden Globes are about as boring as other awards shows, although Ricky Gervais was naughty/funny, so I only watched about 45 minutes.

"The Social Network" is a fine, slick entertainment, but it's not all that special. It's no "Hurt Locker" or "Up" or "Up in the Air" (all better, more original films from last year) -- nor as good as "True Grit", which was not nominated for anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrixieAnn. Show TrixieAnn's posts

Wonder if Ricky Gervais will get asked back this time? Ouch - very funny though. Loved that Katy Sagal and Ms Leo won. Most celebs looked great but some just don't age well - Kevin Bacon for example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from juliadennehy. Show juliadennehy's posts

My review?  Um, garbage tv?  Hollywood celebrating themselves?  The Social Network?  Glee?  Seriously???  I wouldn't waste my time.  My tv has been OFF more than ON lately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from erinwm. Show erinwm's posts

Ricky Gervais was very funny.  It reminded me of when Stephen Colbert MCed the White House correspondents' dinner during the Bush admin.;  delivering funny jokes that any comic would about the subjects, but people freak out because "um.. dude, that guy you're ragging on is HERE... he'll HEAR you!" 
    Most of the awards themselves were very expected.  The little surprises here and there (such as Katey Segal's win) were nice.  The Social Network was a good movie, but not the best of the year.  I'd say it won because the HFPA wanted to seem "hip" by loving the "facebook" movie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatriciaFD. Show PatriciaFD's posts

I thought Gervais went too far.  I was uncomfortable watching people with no escape hatch being subjected to insults. The acceptance speeches went on far too long.  I miss seeing performance clips. So many of us haven't seen every movie and it would help to have some context as the awards are given. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

When I was a kid, I wondered why my parents found awards shows boring and tedious.  Now that I'm grown up, I understand and I'm thankful that the Internet exists so I can see the hot actresses in good looking dresses and get a list of the winners in about five minutes.  I'll add the winners to my Netflix queue.

There are so many other better ways to use time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrPolitics. Show DrPolitics's posts

Hollywood is the last big economic engine left in the USA. Ever see the Chinese Golden Dragon Awards?! Go guys!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongrl. Show moongrl's posts

I agree ! Could not belive Glee won over Modern Family! Glee is just awful this season... while Modern Family keeps getting better and better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GuessMyName. Show GuessMyName's posts

I tried to watch a few episodes of Glee to see what all the buzz was about and it was just painful to watch.  Imagine if "Election" were produced and directed by David Kelly, which is to say imagine if it were coy as opposed to brutally funny? 

I was in my high school choir.  Our director was a train-wreck who was always trying to get boys to come over to his apartment and smoke pot with him (and God knows what else).  He didn't like me because I didn't take him up on his invitation.  But I'll give him this: he had superb taste in music.  Something tells me Palestrina wouldn't go over big with the "Glee" audience.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecur. Show ecur's posts

Robert DeNiro should have been yanked. Did you see the faces of the 'stars' in the audience reacting to his one liners?  Uggh!!!  Pretty boring show, just watch for the fashion really - Scarlett Johannsen I swear looked exactly like Elsa Lancaster in Bride of Frankenstein.. Sandra Bullocks gotta lose those bangs--

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

I thought DeNiro was hilarious. "I accepted this invitation a couple of months before they reviewed Fockers."  Gervais may have written it.  And Gervais was hilarious.  Screw if someone there was uncomfortable.  Ratings were way up again.  I'll bet they beg him to do it again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjburrelson. Show mjburrelson's posts

Kevin Bacon? He looked great!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazonPlanet. Show AmazonPlanet's posts

I'm all for good humor but a comedian is supposed to make their audience laugh, not squirm. Taking into consideration his audience is full of Hollywood's heaviest hitters, and while we think it is funny to make fun of them, ultimately they call they shots and I doubt he will be asked back.  Put a Robin Williams or Billy Crystal in Gervias's place and it would have been funny without being mean-spirited or insulting.  Mean must be the new funny. Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rufus617. Show rufus617's posts

I laughed, I cried!  Oh wait ... that was the football game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

These Hollywood stars get their butts kissed pretty much everywhere they go.  It was great to see Ricky Gervais poke fun at them and bring them back down to reality with a few harmless jokes.  If they can't take it, then maybe they should call the waaaambulance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAAL. Show DAAL's posts

Loved Gervais. These people need to learn to laugh at themselves.  Everytime they put the camera on Angelina Jolie, she had a sour puss.  She must be a joy to live with.  Modern Family - one of the few shows I watch  - should have won over Glee.  I laugh out loud watching it, and the cast is excellent.  Jane Lynch though is a riot, and I loved her acceptance speech.   Christian Bale was excellent in The Fighter, and very deserving.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

He's hilarious, brilliant and scathing. Like old Hollywood used to be, before it started taking itself and it's "artists" so seriously.

He is not unlike Don Rickles and other similar old time comedians who roasted people, and people took it and laughed at themselves and their foibles. Now it's all very serious.

Whatever, it was interesting to see who laughed -- Robert DeNiro, Johnny Depp, and I can't decide if Alec Baldwin was just trying too hard not to laugh. You people who make the gross-domestic-product of many island nations to stand around looking nice in a suit or a dress and maybe reciting a few lines need to loosen up. Few of you actually practice "a craft" in the real sense of the word, most of you are just decent enough actors who can create believable characters with the aid of stunt doubles, body doubles, voice coaches, and CGI.

I think he's hilarious -- and after last year I'm surprised and delighted they brought him back. If he makes a third showing, maybe then I'll be convinced that Hollywood has turned a corner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natego. Show natego's posts

In Response to Re: Golden Globes: What's your review?:
    I didn't watch it.  I don't have a television set. I'm not missing anything. I can go on line for what I need to know. I want to know why, whenever I post on this type of comment board, my posts are always outlined in black.
    Posted by Sophie08

Dude.. relax, its just showing you in bold all comments made by you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I watched it and enjoyed most of it all - loved seeing all those particular Movie Stars and thought they all looked and sounded great.
    The only thing that I dropped my jaw at was when Ricky Gervais introduced Bruce Willis as "Ashton Kutcher's" FATHER!  I was shocked at first and then LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF because Bruce DOES LOOK LIKE Ashtons Father (actually I think Ashton looks like he's 17 yrs old making Bruce look more like the Grandfather!) I really admire and like Bruce Willis as an actor - Bruce said he wasn't phased by it in the least!  And even thought it was funny!  Most of the Actors (especially the well Seasoned one's didn't seem to blink an eye and had a good sense of humor about it all)...I think the "younger acters/actresses" had the hardest time with it because they are brought up as Politically correct and not used to critisism in general - they need to toughen up especially in Show Business!

I really enjoyed watching all the STars and hearing each of their own humor.....like Robert Downey Jr. - nothing phases him and nothing can insult that guy - he is brilliant and is funny and tough as nails!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

That's right!!!!! Remember Don Rickles?????!!!!!! OMG - I loved that guy and he made me laugh my head off all the time - and I always to this day would say to myself " Self, I could never sit near the front row stage at a Don Rickles' show - BECAUSE HE'D probably rank me out soooooo bad that I'd cry!!!  But, even if he did make me cry, it would be worth it because he's was always sooooooooooooo brutally funny!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeJames. Show LargeJames's posts

Awesome.  Rarely do you see a person in Hollywood say in public what everyone thinks and says in private.  Well done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timnrene. Show timnrene's posts

I enjoyed Ricky Gervais to no end!!!  It was a lot of fun to see an industry that takes itself WAY too seriously, get knocked down a few pegs.  Come on! For the most part these are people whose only marketable talent is the ability to remember, or in most cases read, the words of others while adding a certain amount of their own emotion.  If these people were "hurt" by Gervais' words, let them try working in a factory, laying pavement, running a jack hammer or any other sort of manual labor.  It may make sitting around in designer clothes, consuming great food and drink while getting verbally lashed, a little less offensive, and higlight how truly LUCKY these people are.

Sections
Shortcuts