Golden Globes: What's your review?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjasper. Show jjasper's posts

Re: Golden Globes:

My Partner and I really enjoyed the "Golden Globes" and Rickey should host every year !! 
    The person who wrote the opener for this story for the "Globe" though needs to learn the different usage of the words to, two and too...
    I believe some sensitive people thought he went "TOO" far ??
    Not to far...
    I think he's a riot and livened things up. People need to be less stuffy.
    Some of the people there act like they're "Royalty". Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGoodTimesAreKillingMe. Show TheGoodTimesAreKillingMe's posts

Re: Golden Globes: What's your review?

I thought his routine was awesome...and scientologists ARE gay

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billpgoode. Show billpgoode's posts

Ricky Gervais was hilarious as usual. These people are all millionaires, if they can't take a couple of jokes at their expense I don't feel terribly bad for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbembel. Show kbembel's posts

Gervais is brilliant, he had to dumb down his normal humor so the jokes wouldn't fly over the audience's heads.  At the very end, right before they cut him off, he says.

"I'd like to thank God for making me an athiest"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannyofenway. Show dannyofenway's posts

I can't imagine the audience much appreciated the honesty which permeated Mr. Gervais's jokes.  Let's face it, the movie industry is pure evil.

"If there's one thing I hate, it's the movies.  Don't even mention them to me."  --Holden Caulfield --

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indysolar. Show indysolar's posts

what did you expect?

Ricky rules, he was very funny.   

Obviously the producers knew what they were in for when hiring him, just look at his body of work.  How can anyone be surprised?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clashrocks. Show clashrocks's posts

Gervais was a brilliant check on Hollywood egos and the self-important nature of awards shows.  If there was discomfort, maybe it was due to the truth lurking behind everything he said.  Many of those folks seated at the tables made some awful choices in their careers.  They ought to greet his jokes with a sense of humor and humility.  Gervais made it a much better program.  They should bring him back next year but I somehow doubt it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from secretNSAmonitor. Show secretNSAmonitor's posts

Gervais was one of the few lights in the evening.  From what I've been reading, reaction from the actual viewing audience is positive while some of the bigger egos in attendance were taken aback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from secretNSAmonitor. Show secretNSAmonitor's posts

In Response to Re: Golden Globes: What's your review?:
    In Response to Re: Golden Globes: What's your review? : Dude.. relax, its just showing you in bold all comments made by you.
    Posted by natego

LOL.  Some posters are always on the lookout for a conspiracy..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfriday. Show captainfriday's posts

Good stuff!! Those self-important DB's in Hollywood are LOATHSOME. Why do we put so much stock in what actors think? Seriously, just because someone is "on television"??? They need to lighten up. They should be on they're knees, thanking god every minute of the day, that the majority of the population in this country are mindless zombies who consume cheaply made plastic trinkets because a "famous" person tells them to do so....Armageddon can't come soon enough, just so I don't have to listen to another "celebrity" pontificating behind a damn podium every time I turn on the TV....Good night, and god bless....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles2. Show BCeagles2's posts

Gervais was great. Everything he said was true, really. HFPA (or NBC?) should have known what they were getting into asking him to host. Well done, Ricky. As for the awards, The Social Network is only deserving of its win for Screenplay (and I guess Best Score?...). Fincher's directorial work pales in comparison to the brilliance Nolan and Aronofsky brought to life in Inception and Black Swan, respectively. And the film itself, while interesting and entertaining, felt more like a documentary to me. It didn't leave me on the edge of my seat at some moments or make me feel anything for the characters whatsoever. I couldn't stop thinking about Black Swan after seeing it. I stopped thinking about The Social Network moments after it ended. And as for The Kids Are All Right...its picture belongs in the dictionary next to "overrated."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SweetScarlette. Show SweetScarlette's posts

No one looked better than the beautiful, elegant Catherine Zeta-Jones. She is my nephews' dream girl.

Sections
Shortcuts