1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATeam59. Show ATeam59's posts

Poll - Will You See it? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Boston Area April 15th

Who is John Galt?

A classic epic novel characterized by a bit of science fiction, espionage, romance and philosophy is coming to a theater near us.  Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged has finally been made into a movie by an independent organization. They split up the movie into three parts (as the book is split) but will only make Parts 2 and 3 if there's enough interest.

Let's start talking about it.  Let's all go see it.  I've written a couple of emails to local media and have heard no response nor have I seen any stories about it.  It's such a controversial topic (objectivism) and so timely that it surprises me to have not seen debate about it.

Check out the trailer, clip (better than trailer) and list of MA theaters here:
    http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/atlas-shrugged-movie-trailer

National release date is appropriately April 15th 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATeam59. Show ATeam59's posts

Re: Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Coming to Boston Area April 15th

Demand it to your area by
    http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/demand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Poll - Will You See it? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Boston Area April 15th

As someone once said:

It's a book that every 16-year-old should read and no adult should take too seriously.

I hope you enjoy the film as much as the book.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATeam59. Show ATeam59's posts

In Response to Re: Poll - Will You See it? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Boston Area April 15th:
    [QUOTE]As someone once said: It's a book that every 16-year-old should read and no adult should take too seriously. I hope you enjoy the film as much as the book.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Ha, agreed!  Life isn't as black and white as Rand portrays, most people are Eddie Willers, but it is a great epic story regardless.  She wrote it in a very cinematic way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Poll - Will You See it? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Boston Area April 15th:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll - Will You See it? Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 - Boston Area April 15th : Ha, agreed!  Life isn't as black and white as Rand portrays, most people are Eddie Willers, but it is a great epic story regardless.  She wrote it in a very cinematic way.
    Posted by ATeam59[/QUOTE]

Certainly not...work of fiction such as it is.  And I dare say that Rand herself would not recognize some her work's current fans in political circles.

Funny though, I've always considered the book as rather unfilmable.

Again, I hope you enjoy it.  Be sure to come back and post a review....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATeam59. Show ATeam59's posts

Sneak Preview in Dedham on April 7th.  Ticket raffle below
    http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/boston

Hope I score a couple of tickets, if not, I'm happy to purchase them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

@Greg

I don't hate Rand...just keeping her and her work in perspective, that's all.  (I still think the book is unfilmable.)

I'm still a big Rush fan.  But I don't hold Aerosmith responsible for Arrowsmith, nor Jimmy Page for Alastair Crowley, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Ironically enough, I also work in IT...12 years now...

...with a BFA in painting and printmaking (centuries-old technology) and minors in english and philosophy

My first IT boss was a plein air painter on the side...guess we hit it off pretty well.

"The blacksmith and the artist... Philosophers and ploughmen...", etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATeam59. Show ATeam59's posts

Interesting banter guys, fun to read!  I was lucky enough to be at a screening event here in MA tonight hosted by John Aglialoro, producer. Now I'm a huge fan of the book, so perhaps I may be biased to the story but I thought the movie was excellent. Great acting, great scenery, great shots of the rail and steel industry.

Overall an entertaining movie that stays true to the key dialogue and moments of the book. I'll see it again and can't wait for Part 2 and 3!