What is the funniest movie of all-time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What is the funniest movie of all-time?

Blazing Saddles

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blazing Saddles

[/QUOTE]

Agree. It started all the parody's. Even funnier then Airplane which was funny but dumb. I could never say that about Blazing Saddles. What's your favorite line? Mine..."Lepotamaine Feeway? What will that a__hole think of next. Go back and get a s__t load of dimes"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blazing Saddles

[/QUOTE]

Agree. It started all the parody's. Even funnier then Airplane which was funny but dumb. I could never say that about Blazing Saddles. What's your favorite line? Mine..."Lepotamaine Feeway? What will that a__hole think of next. Go back and get a s__t load of dimes"

[/QUOTE]

"Now you will only be risking your lives.  Whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination, for Best Supporting Actor."

"I didn't get a hurumph outta that guy."

"Give the Governor..HURUMPH."

"Hurumph"

"You watch your a.."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Take a wild guess!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

There's Something about Mary

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

2 different ways to measure "funniest". 

One way is based on the first time I saw the movie.  In this case, The South Park Movie wins without a close second.  But, part of the humor is due to shock value so it doesn't hold up in a second viewing.

The funniest movie after mitliple viewings has to be Animal House.  Or maybe Caddie Shack.  Both of those movies hold up over time.

I also think 1941 is a very funny movie.  It's the funniest movie no one ever saw.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blazing Saddles

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Now you will only be risking your lives.  Whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination, for Best Supporting Actor."

"I didn't get a hurumph outta that guy."

"Give the Governor..HURUMPH."

"Hurumph"

"You watch your a.."

[/QUOTE]

As a recovering alcohlic, I submit thisas both funny and poingnant:

Sherriff Bart:  A man that drinks like that and he don't eat, he is going to die.

Wako Kid:  When?

[/QUOTE]

I'm tired.

And, consider the current election this one is all too important:

We've got to protect our phony bilogny jobs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dumb & Dumber is in a class by itself.

Hasnt been many really funny movies lately, most recent one for me is Step Brothers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Tropic Thunder is some funny stuff.  Robert Downey Jr. is excellent.  Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise are good too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Speaking of Blazing Saddles, we mourn the death of Alex Karras(Mongo).RIP Though he was a football player he turned out to be a pretty good actor-Porky's, Webster, Against all odds and others. When he was part of the broadcasting crew for Monday night football in the 70's they would show the clip of him punching the horse at the beginning of the telecast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RolloMartins. Show RolloMartins's posts

The Funniest Movie should also be a great movie that is also a comedy. In other words, a great comedy movie. Some of the movies in Bravo's list are bad movies (Dumb and Dumber, Stripes, Dodgeball--these are movies that were made to make money; they are not art): they are a product, not part of a great film heritage, not great stories. They are pretty much hack movies with truly great moments of hilarity. Chaplin's movies (just pick one, any one), Keaton's, or great films like Dr Strangelove, or even movies that are quirky in nature (The Princess Bride) should be considered. But not Stripes. Not Meet the Parents. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (not even on the list) is my personal favorite comedy not made by Chaplin, mainly for Ethel Merman and Dick Shawn. Wouldn't put it as numero uno, but it deserves to be on the list, for Pete's sake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

This one's a cult classic so you can't say it was made to make money, and it is hilarious, even more so today due the overly obvious fact that it was made in the early-mid 80's:

Ice Pirates