1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMeghan. Show BDCMeghan's posts

What your favorite movies and performances of 2013?

We handed out our first ever Boston.com movie awards, which you can check out here. But we want to get your take! What were your favorite movie moments of performances in a loaded 2013?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lp8a. Show lp8a's posts

Re: What your favorite movies and performances of 2013?

I'd have to disagree with your pick and name 'American Hustle' the most overrated movie of the year.  It should have been a home run but - in my opinion - it somehow managed to suck the life out of what should have been a thrilling tale involving swindlers, mafia, and politicians. Or maybe I missed something...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonmanSouthend. Show BostonmanSouthend's posts

12 Years a Slave without doubt the most significant movie of the year. Perfectly acted, directed and produced. It should be mandatory viewing in every high school.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

from what I've seen

1. Before Midnight

2. Spring Breakers

3. 12 Years a Slave

4. Gravity

5. The Hunger Games

Have yet to see Her, Wolf of Wall St., Inside Llewyn Davis, American Hustle, etc.

Best performance was Chiwetel Ejiofor from 12 Years a Slave. I also really liked James Franco from Spring Breakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Virulina. Show Virulina's posts

Re: Favorite movies and performances of 2013?

Performance - Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. Just amazing, and proves that Woody Allen still has what it takes to direct. Can agree with BG on that call, though wouldn't emphasize the external story of financiers as much, the 'man against herself' motif is more interesting to explore in this movie, and is done remarkably well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cedrikduncan011. Show cedrikduncan011's posts

For 2013 i like the thor 2 cause it is really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Virulina's comment:

Performance - Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. Just amazing, and proves that Woody Allen still has what it takes to direct. Can agree with BG on that call, though wouldn't emphasize the external story of financiers as much, the 'man against herself' motif is more interesting to explore in this movie, and is done remarkably well.

Cate by far!...this time Academy was right 

Sections
Shortcuts