1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mells. Show mells's posts

Re: Your favorite holiday movies?

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION!

THE BEST!
    Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny effing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of aholes this side of the nuthouse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

While the classics are always a treat, Love Actually has taken over and one of my favorite recent holiday movies. Great cast, great acting, music and like Crash, it is a series of separate vignettes that all come together in the end. I could watch this over and over. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tressesofnephthys. Show tressesofnephthys's posts

My favorite is A Christmas Story.  Though I love all the old Rankin & Bass clay-mation movies and of course It's a Wonderful Life.  How my husband only saw that in its entirety LAST YEAR boggles my mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbridge. Show Tbridge's posts

hampton beach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from racaron. Show racaron's posts

No list would be complete without "Miracle on 34th Street" original version.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

"The Ref" - funny, poignant, well-written and -acted and a welcome antidote to all of the treacly absurdity the season dishes out.  My only complaint is seeing this movie edited on regular TV...a travesty!!

And btw, I don't particularly like "A Christmas Story"...and though I understand why others do, there is no way that it deserves its exalted status.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from curtinthecar. Show curtinthecar's posts

Die Hard

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

In Response to Your favorite holiday movies?:
    My favorite is Miracle on 34th Street, but I also love Love Actually.
    Other favorites are Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, Alastair Sims Xmas Carol, White Christmas, and It's a Wonderful Life

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

I have the DVD on my desk in front of me.  1951's "Scrooge" with Alastair Sim.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbgirl59263. Show bbgirl59263's posts

You can't forget the classic ones! Year without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is coming to town, rupolph, etc.  Those are the ones that bring me back to my childhood.  And my apartment mates and I never miss it when it's on tv.  Also Elf is one to never miss during the holiday season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

I vote for "The Snowman" from the book of the same name by Raymond Briggs. It is short enough to hold even the smallest child's attention and it's non-denominational. It is my Jewish friend's favorite holiday movie- she used to be a childrens' librarian here in Boston and told me about it. The book was available as a set with a snowman doll and the Celtic Women included it in one of their PBS concerts. I also love "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" and "a Christmas Carol" with Alastair Sim (he also played Amos in the original "Cold Comfort Farm" on PBS. I also loved "Elf" and "Love, Actually".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sully61. Show sully61's posts

Home Alone and Home Alone 2.    We watch them every year.  Also Christmas Vacation and It's a Wonderful Life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KevinR49. Show KevinR49's posts

Christmas Vacation hands down

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rufus617. Show rufus617's posts

The Long Kiss Goodnight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie.  Christmas in Connecticut is also excellent.

But I also watch some portion of the Christmas Story marathon each year, and I love A Charlie Brown Christmas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Elf and A Christmas Story

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

For classics, I love A Christmas Story, White Christmas, a bunch of the old Scrooge movies, and all of the stop-motion animation films.

For more modern stories, I love Love Actually, The Family Stone, and Home for the Holidays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chrissylm37. Show Chrissylm37's posts

A Christmas Story "Ralphie", It's a wonderful life, The Little Princess with Shirley Temple, Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, Rudolf the rednose reindeer, Frosty the snowman, Charlie Brown Christmas, Home for the holidays, Scrooge "all versions".... etc, etc, etc..... I love all Christmas shows and songs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I have to agree with Miracle on 34th St as the best of the oldies, but some of the new ones like Christmas Vacation, Deck the Halls and the Home Alones are great too!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dnbarbour. Show dnbarbour's posts

"It's a Wonderful Life" is my favorite movie of all time, and "White Christmas" and the original "Miracle on 34th Street" live up to their classic hype.  Of more modern fare, I would say "Love, Actually" and "The Family Stone", while far from perfect, do an excellent job of capturing different elements of the bustling holiday season.  One pretty dull movie that has one great scene in it is the recent film "This Christmas" - there is a scene where the singer Chris Brown (pre-Rhiannagate) portrays a shy kid who busts out into song at a club - it's a great moment.  The Christmas movie that I hate the most overall though would be "Christmas with the Kranks" - it's my own fault for not listening to the almost universal negative critical reviews, but I saw it and regretted doing so.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

"Shop Around the Corner" never seems to make the list.  Tremendous ensemble cast headed by Jimmy Stewart,  Margaret Sullavan, and Frank Morgan.  Wonder script loaded with humor.  One of the all time best closing lines too.   Anyone who loves "It's a Wonderful Life" will love this one.   I think it's superior in nearly every way to the later, better known flick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miumiuhandbag. Show miumiuhandbag's posts

Miumiu handbag

Miu Miu Paris Fashion Week and close the all autumn winter 2010 2011 fashion shows, does not seem true that ended to tell you the truth! Miu Miu As always gives us a really nice parade, as always, the Miu Miu woman, feminine and ultra chic, even in winter, flowers can not fail, applied on clothes, coats, bags and shoes. Miuccia Prada leads a parade on the catwalk-inspired interesting nineteenth-century Neo-Romanticism that has a good recovery is on the catwalk in life.

The parade is Miu Miu declined mostly in dark colors which are, however, interspersed by the occasional fluorescent orange and lavender, offered both in suits, coats, bags and even make-up is really well kept and very obvious integrand becomes part of the collection.

Miu Miu handbags fall winter 2010 2011 collection are very nice, we have simple models in tumbled leather and patent leather, handbags monochrome black, orange and lavender multivitamin.

The decor is glam flower petals made of metal and illuminated by soft, rounded crystals that are present on the bags but as garlands to decorate clothing, coats and shoes.

A young and fresh collection that will surely be appreciated by young and not only!

Miu Miu is a trademark of Italian fashion's amazing, cutting edge and trendy knows how to make us women happy. Today I present you one of my favorite handbags spring summer 2010 Miu Miu is one of the great clutch Cruise made during 2010 that are becoming must-have for all purposes. The Crystal pouch is a really nice bag made of leather with a beautiful ivory handle with jewel precious stones.

The pouch is part of Crystal Spring Summer 2010 collection and is made of soft calf leather ivory color, has closed on the front, in the flap, in which are embedded gemstones always tan, say a glamorous tone caramel.

The Miu Miu bag is pretty and elegant, with the metal handle on which are embedded with precious stones and beautiful light. The hardware is metal argendo color that matches very well with both the ivory skin with the color of the stones.

TheMiu Miu handbag has a chocolate brown lining and an internal pocket with zip, measurements are 27 x 13 x 4 cm and the handle measures 22 inches. The price is 610.00 euros.

Exotic luxury handbags are the ultimate choice to complete a perfect and exquisite style for any beautiful and elegant lady. Show your most refined taste and irresistible glamour by wearing a piece of croc kelly,ostrich kelly bags or hermes ostrich bag.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from askmeanything. Show askmeanything's posts

SINCE YOU WENT  AWAY-- Terrific wartime soap opera from the producer of Gone  With the Wind--ends with the great quote from Defoe Be of good cheer and the Lord will strengthen your heart.

A TALE OF  TWO CITIES, MGM version    From Dickens's novel  Indelible shots of the rudderless hero alone in the snow on Christmas Eve...  Come All Ye Faithful is heard onthe soundtrack as a continuing motif, and very movingly at the end when the hero gives his life meaning by scarificing it for the happines of the  woman he loves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Traditional Chrismtas movies are too boring.

Mad TV's version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reigndeer is great, if you can catch it (no, this one is not for the kids).

Die Hard was already mentioned. Also worth pointing out is that Die Hard 2 also takes place on Christmas.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet and, alas, doesn't get a lot of air time, is Gremlins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

One of the films I always enjoyed as a boy that has seemed to have fallen off the radar is The Homecoming, which was the forerunner of The Waltons TV series.