Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Re: Your favorite romantic movies?

At least one person agrees with me.... Last of the Mohicans!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaden. Show Jaden's posts

Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in "Bonnie and Clyde"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

I would add Mediteranneo 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Sliding Doors -- I love that theme of decisions that can alter the course of your life.

I have to agree with the poster who mentioned Up -- probably wrenched more emotion from a five minute piece of animation than most movies can muster in 90+ minutes.

I am a big fan of Persuasion with Ciaran Hinds (which someone else mentioned) -- one of the best adaptations of an Austen novel ever made.  (I am a huge Jane Austen fan, but I am not a big fan of the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice, though Firth and Ehle were very good in it.)

Can't Buy Me Love -- I have a soft spot for this movie not just because it stars a very young Patrick Dempsey, but also because it was shot at my high school.

And a last out-of-left-field addition to my list is The Boyfriend School.  This is a movie that really Should Not Work.  But it does.

Sections
Shortcuts