1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbartoli. Show sbartoli's posts

Re: Your thoughts on our new scariest movies list?

Why do you guys keep posting this list?  You must post it at least once a week.  It is almost Thanksgiving for goodness sake.  Give it a rest!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rwill01970. Show rwill01970's posts

Gore equals scary  what about "Wait Untill Dark"   it is your imagination that is scared

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daveydawg. Show Daveydawg's posts

whats with the obsession over horror flicks... its christmas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbartoli. Show sbartoli's posts

Why is this list on the front page AGAIN?????

Is this some sort of psychological experiment?  You guys post this silly list every couple weeks.  Must be really slow over at the Globe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from herename. Show herename's posts

seriously. it's after thanksgiving, and i'm tired of having to avert my eyes from those scary pictures accompanying this very unseasonal story that keeps popping up on your home page. give it a rest!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from philipr. Show philipr's posts

You have been flogging this list on your home page for years now. It is time to move on to something else. There are many other film genres out there—suspense, comedy, scifi, western, and not just horror—for you to rank.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from imaginary. Show imaginary's posts

What the heck? Halloween is OVER!
    Ca you stop ruining my breakfast with these disgusting images?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The Thing, Alien and The Exorcist are my Top 3....

NOTE: Paranormal Activity? 

Uuuugggghhhhh...............................I have seen scarier episode's of Scooby Doo with my children!

PA was all hype and nnooooooooo scare!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Just watched the Director's Cut of the Exorcist....some good footage added to the story that made it a little creepier....GREAT HORROR MOVIE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplename. Show asimplename's posts

In Response to Re: Your thoughts on our new scariest movies list?:
    [QUOTE]I swear, it seems like for the past two years this Top 50 Scariest Movies list has been featured more prominently on this website than any other news item in the Boston area. What is this site's fascination with this? How many times do I need to come to boston.com to be reminded how scary The Exorcist is? Enough already, we get it. Please, after this Halloween put this thing to bed!
    Posted by atarichampion[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  I love horror films - or "scary movies" - but I can't believe how often this gets dragged out.  If boston.com is going to be dedicated to this kind of fluff to fill space, how difficult would it be to compile lists of appropriate Veterans Day movies (which hopefully would be slightly different than "war movies"), Thanksgiving movies, Christmas movies, or New Year's movies?  If you have to go with the movie thing, please, be conscious of the calendar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Oh Yah! How about The Human Centipede? Sick, twisted, gory, disgusting horror film! With an EVIL German Doctor!!!!!

Hostel 1 and Hostel 2.....

I always loved the Creature Double Feature on a rainy Saturday as a kid. Dracula, The Invisible Man, The Wolfman, Psycho....all in glorious BLACK & WHITE! Still scary!!!!!!

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sopranosmob781. Show Sopranosmob781's posts

Why has this list been on the front page literally every other week for a solid year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMV2. Show GMV2's posts

What about Wait Until Dark, The Shining, The Eyes of Laura Mars, and Klute?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbartoli. Show sbartoli's posts

You guys need a 12 step program. STOP POSTING THIS ARTICLE ALREADY!  We've read it dozens and dozens of times.  You post it on every holiday.  Christmas even.  Please come up with some original content....Pathetic.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shyarra. Show shyarra's posts

How is Wicker Man not on this list?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

Salem's Lot is a good movie. I feel you kind of ruin it, though, for the uninitiated, by putting Barlow's face up there in the ad. For me, that scene was the biggest shock scare in that "made for TV" film.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jay3211. Show Jay3211's posts

Move on to something else....

Can you please stop posting this list. I think you run this piece at least 4 times a year. Enough already....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goldstar2. Show goldstar2's posts

the thing?  Scariest movie?  Are you kidding? The effects are laugh out loud comical.  The rest of the list was fine, but The Thing as #1 was a very poor choice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoxieGirl1016. Show MoxieGirl1016's posts

I can't believe that "Burnt Offerings (1976)" didn't make the list.  That movie freeks me out just thinking about it.  Bette Davis, Karen Black and Burgess Meredith, with such a cast it should have been on your list!!  I still remember hearing that old car coming down the driveway with that creepy driver.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from niagarabob. Show niagarabob's posts

In response to BostonDotCom's comment:

Just in time for Halloween, we have rebooted our 50 scariest movies list. What do you think of the new list? What movies were snubbed and what did we get right? Share your thoughts and rank your favorite scary movies!

Discovered on Netflix:  Yellow Brick Road.  Research team follows trail in New Hampshire to pursue a legend of a lost town... I won't say anymore.