"As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little"

One of my favorite lines on politics comes from another Woody and his movie Sleeper. : "Don't you understand? In six months, we'll be stealing Erno's nose..." If this truncated quote doesn't make sense to you, watch the movie.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Greg - Matty: this is turning into the Sox forum. Please, lets not go there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little" : The American Public are the dumbest azz voters that one can possibly imagine. Ask anyone you know if they have actually read a candidates position paper and 9 out of 10 will look at you and go. huh! Obama vs Mitt As Lewis Black said, it is like choosing two different bowls of sh*t. My disdain for politics these last 40 + years is off the charts. I would trust the local wise guy before any politician. At least I know the lie I am getting from the wise guy. I have seen politics close-up and from the inside at times for over 30 years. You all think you know where the corruption lies; you don't. Real politics lie in the hands of community boards, city councils, local assemblymen. And the lies just trickle on up the chain. As for the presidency. As much as I despised Bush Jr, Obama just proves himself to be nothing more than a money spinning tool. I cannot believe that in my 54 years I have had the pleasure of living during the terms of 3 of the 5 worst presidents of all time; Carter, Bush Jr. and Obama. I never thought that I would ever be able to say, "Wow, compared tho these guys, Uncle Ronnie Reagan looked good". I think I would rather go outside the legit world again and start making money that no one can get their hands on. Maybe it is time to call my uncles . Sonny, this isn't personal, it's only business.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I did not vote for Jimmy Carter. I actually regret this. I don't believe there is a president that is more misunderstood. He turns out to be a great ambassador for our country, a true gentleman , however, he landed in the White House at a pivotal time. Not at all sure that he was a "good" president, but I think he is a "good" man...at least about as "good" as someone in politics can be. I like him more now than I did then.

Come to think of it, I don't think I was old enough to vote for Jimmy Carter, anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little" : End, "national funding for the arts and art education in a new york minute." Wel,l welcome to the stupid club! Oh, and try English.  Its all the rage.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I've known for a while you were a stupid club charter member...but I'm not much of a joiner, thanks.

Try thinking for a change...it's more popular than ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little" : I did not vote for Jimmy Carter. I actually regret this. I don't believe there is a president that is more misunderstood. He turns out to be a great ambassador for our country, a true gentleman , however, he landed in the White House at a pivotal time. Not at all sure that he was a "good" president, but I think he is a "good" man...at least about as "good" as someone in politics can be. I like him more now than I did then. Come to think of it, I don't think I was old enough to vote for Jimmy Carter, anyway.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I'm old enough to have had the opportunity to vote for Carter twice.  Sadly, I did so on neither occasion (Ford in '76, Anderson in '80).  +1 on all your sentiments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little" : I've known for a while you were a stupid club charter member...but I'm not much of a joiner, thanks. Try thinking for a change...it's more popular than ever.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I only wish that thinking really was more popular than ever...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "As Woody Turns 100, We Protest Too Little" : End, "national funding for the arts and art education in a new york minute." Wel,l welcome to the stupid club! Oh, and try English.  Its all the rage.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

English may be "all the rage", but knowing the correct usage of "its" as opposed to "it's"?  Not so much.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm amused by the reference to Neil Young's 'Canadian arrogance'.  There's an implication that Canadians in general are arrogant, presumably compared to Americans.  Usually when Canadians are dissed by Americans it's for being a bunch of pacifist peaceniks.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]I have a little to say about the Beach Boy tune as well.  It's a great song.  I'm a little bothered by the implication in the weak commentary about it, that Liberals don't want the same things the song sings about.   Of course we do.  But there's the ideal, and then there's the reality.  Yes, preach abstinence.  But you can't pretend that this alone is the correct and only way to deal with the issue of teen pregancy. Mixing the Beach Boys and politics is absurd. Just ask James Watts, former Secretary of the Interior under Reagan.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Slim,
    I'm sorry to be dense, but you lost me.  RE: your comment: what song?  

13. This post has been removed.