19 January -- SoTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

19 January -- SoTD

It's not always easy coming up with a song this early in the day.

Here's how I thought of mine today:  On Wednesday nights, I take two fitness classes in a row, otherwise known as a "doubleheader"  -- I always look forward to  Wednesdays for that reason.  Makes me feel very powerful.  :D

Double Vision - Foreigner 

Yeah, that's my song today. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: 19 January -- SoTD

In Response to 19 January -- SoTD:
    It's not always easy coming up with a song this early in the day. Here's how I thought of mine today:  On Wednesday nights, I take two fitness classes in a row, otherwise known as a "doubleheader"  -- I always look forward to  Wednesdays for that reason.  Makes me feel very powerful.  :D Double Vision - Foreigner  Yeah, that's my song today. 
    Posted by yogafriend

With vision as a key word, I dedicate this to you:

Eye on You - Billy Squier

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I usually just pick songs that are going through my head, rather than a particular theme.  And today's rattler is Excitable Boy -- Warren Zevon

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Hammer I Miss You - Jay Reatard.. Jay passed away two years ago this January. Listened to one of his CD's this monring on drive in to work and this song was stuck in my head. Very sad such a musical talent gone at such a young age..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"In The Morning" - Built To Spill

I found a bootleg of one of their shows the other day and have been playing it since.  Such an underappreciated, overlooked band of the 90s - direct descendants/peers of lo-fi luminaries like Pavement and Dinosaur Jr. - they were a phenomenal live band who could be alternately grinding, plaintive and trippy. 

There's a fairly clear line of influence to the likes of Modest Mouse and DCFC.  Their songs were often short (though complex) but really just a baseline for onstage renderings.

This song is one of my favorites from their 1994 album "There's Nothing Wrong With Love", though a live version is recommended.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"The Message" - Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. I picked this because of the 2Pac thread and my reaction to the lyrics of the song on that thread.
    This is the kind of rap I dig, which is a social commentary but is clever and imaginative rather than just being simple and crude. It is a realistic view of the pitfalls of "ghetto" life and the mental and emotional impact it has on the artist. I was actually rapping this one with my niece recently when she paid a visit. It's a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Debra by Beck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auJZvKYh2rA&feature=related

....."'Cause when our eyes did meet
    Girl, you know I was packing' heat
    Ain't no use in wasting no time
    Getting to know each other
    You know the drill".....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

'Vision Thing' by The Sisters Of Mercy.

Keeping with the 'vision' theme initiated by yoga.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i'll second debra, ever since i posted about beck yesterday i've been thinkin about it.  love that song.

i met you at jc penny
    i think your name tag said jenny
    i cold-step to you with a fresh pack of gum...
    somehow I knew you were looking for some...oh no!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm a Hog for you - Clifton Chenier

Sections
Shortcuts