1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.

This song (a "one hit wonder") by an obscure group in 1968 was inspired by a Beatles song.

Ironically, the song hit number 1 on the charts and displaced another Beatles song.

Can you name the song?
    And for extra credit, can you name the band?

My only hint ( because you folks are so smart and giving too many clues is counterproductive to having this thread last more than 5 minutes):

The Beatles song that inspired this hit has a slow tempo, maybe one of their slowest, and the hit song I refer to has a very "upbeat" tempo.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.

"Judy In Disguise" - John Fred And His Playboy Band

supplanted:

"Hello Goodbye"

(not the slowest tempo, but certainly slower...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.

"Judy In Disguise", I love that song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biu95fyvmLI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Okay, right again.

Matty , next time I give NO clues at all!

Great job!

John Fred thought when he first heard the song 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds', that it was 'Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds. So unhappy was he to hear that this was not the real title, he wrote Judy in Disguise (with glasses)....note the similar title. The song itself is very different.

I love the instrumental part of this song. The words are kind of dumb and senseless, much like many disco or America songs. But the song really rocks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Incidently, I wasn't aware of this until just the other day when I was browsing through my latest "Collectors Choice Music" catalog.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form. : Next up. Matty, I'm thinking of a song. It was performed in the 20th Century. Name that song.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you fool him with this one...meester Whatdoyouwantnow.

But, this Matty , he one smart gringo. I not so sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1968, a wild year politically, but here's an odd coincidence in trivia question form. : Next up. Matty, I'm thinking of a song. It was performed in the 20th Century. Name that song.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

Can I buy a vowel, Chuck...??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I can't believe he got that!

"Can I Buy A Vowel" was #1 on the charts for 6 weeks in 1962, performed by a Canadian group named simply 'Chuck.' They featured a very young Neil Young on harmonica, Rick James on vocals and Joni Mitchell on piano and vocals. The drummer was sacked and eventually replaced by some guy from England named Pete Best , who recently was dismissed from another band. I think the bass player later joined Lynyrd Skynyrd on their 55th reunion tour.

They broke up in late '63 and reformed as Klaatu in the 70's without Mitchell, Young and James, This group was the one that some people thought might really be the Beatles in disguise. But it turned out that Best was just playing a joke on his old mates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

haha! that is great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]John Fred thought when he first heard the song 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds', that it was 'Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds. So unhappy was he to hear that this was not the real title, he wrote Judy in Disguise (with glasses)....note the similar title.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I went to a high school with a kid, Vincent Bourgault, whose favorite Beatles song was When I'm Six Feet Four. When it was explained to him that the song was actually When I'm 64, he said, "Well . . .   that's just stupid."

How is that relevant?

Dunno . . .  but I bet there's an entire thread for misinterpreted lyrics just waiting to happen.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.