1977 The Babys - Broken Heart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

1977 The Babys - Broken Heart

My older brother bought this album when I was a young teenager and I played it over and over. He had many albums but this one was one of my favorites. I rediscovered it recently thanks to youtube. It still sounds as good as I remembered.

I'm curious to see if anyone liked it or have even heard it. It's currently out of print. Most of you will recognize their hit single "Isn't It Time?"

1.  Wrong or Right
    2.  Give Me Your Love
    3.  Isn't It Time?
    4.  And If You Could See Me Fly
    5.  The Golden Mile
    6.  Broken Heart
    7.  I'm Falling
    8.  Rescue Me
    9.  Silver Dreams
    10. A Piece of the Action

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: 1977 The Babys - Broken Heart

Great Album  - saw them in Central Park opening for Eddie Money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Brilliant pop music.   On the page with "Isn't it Time" I noticed another song I've heard on classic rock which is also real sweet: "Everytime I Think of You", another pop ballad.

Not sure if the Babys were glam rock or whatever, but they had it goin' on back in their day, and those particular hits are still hot and do justice to that time period.  Nice.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

This is a really good album. Bought it many years ago on Vinyl and cassette, but yet to find it on CD. Still listen to it every now and then. Isn"t it Time is a good fit for Roger's pick 3 thread, a song melody that always kind of stay's with you. The rest of the album is pretty memorable as well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Hey jessey! Hope all is well in the big city.

I'm not surprised you know the album, you and I share similar tastes in music. Al Stewart, Cheap Trick, early Queen, The Sweet and of course, the Beatles. I still need to check out Enuff Z'Nuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Brilliant pop music. On the page with "Isn't it Time" I noticed another song I've heard on classic rock which is also real sweet: "Everytime I Think of You", another pop ballad. Not sure if the Babys were glam rock or whatever, but they had it goin' on back in their day, and those particular hits are still hot and do justice to that time period. Nice.

Hi yoga! John Waite, the lead vocalist, also had big hits as a solo artist, "Missing You" and with Bad English, "When I See You Smile".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

This is a really good album. Bought it many years ago on Vinyl and cassette, but yet to find it on CD. Still listen to it every now and then. Isn"t it Time is a good fit for Roger's pick 3 thread, a song melody that always kind of stay's with you. The rest of the album is pretty memorable as well.

I should have known there would be many here who knew of the album. Good music will find it's audience no matter how obscure.

I searched amazon.com and found that there is a CD containing the Babys first two albums but there's only 7 left in stock with more on the way apparently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Isn't it Time was Giga, and I admit, I had forgotten all about it.  Opening piano lick - Ah HA!!! Thanks

No prob Greg!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Missing You is a cool song, but the video is rather prancey. 1984, hmmm, looked it up, same year Billy Squire imploded prancing around in the Rock Me Tonight.  Both victims of the 80's? Tina covered it. That video sucked too.

Lol! I had never seen that Billy Squier video or heard his sad tale until I read Matty's thread. Regrettably, I don't remember much of the 80s but I do like Squier's music.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:

I should have known there would be many here who knew of the album. Good music will find it's audience no matter how obscure.

I searched amazon.com and found that there is a CD containing the Babys first two albums but there's only 7 left in stock with more on the way apparently.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll check out Amazon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Hey jessey! Hope all is well in the big city.

I'm not surprised you know the album, you and I share similar tastes in music. Al Stewart, Cheap Trick, early Queen, The Sweet and of course, the Beatles. I still need to check out Enuff Z'Nuff.

[/QUOTE]

All is good except for the no gasoline, no power in parts of Queens, downed trees not yet cut up and a few other insanities.

I would love to know what would happen if a Cat. 3 hurricane hit the Northeast. Actually I wouldn't.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hi yoga! John Waite, the lead vocalist, also had big hits as a solo artist, "Missing You" and with Bad English, "When I See You Smile". 

Hiya digger.   :)  

Funny thing is that from the little I know, Waite was better with the Babys than he was in his solo career.    The songs from the solo career are more saccharine; the Babys rock. 

PS I'm not as far along in my football education as I'd hoped, but I'm making progress.  :D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Missing You is a cool song, but the video is rather prancey.  1984, hmmm, looked it up, same year Billy Squire imploded prancing around in the Rock Me Tonight.  Both victims of the 80's? Tina covered it.  That video sucked too.  

Greg, funny that.  I actually made the connection when I watched it, too, and began to laugh uncontrollably thinking about Billy Squire ... "can't get it out of my head"    The Billy Squire video, once seen, cannot be "unseen" -- or forgotten -- and it has set a benchmark for me; any video from that era that I see, it's like Billy Squire is right there with me.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I never really got hooked on the Babys.

I don't dislike them , but I never aquired a taste for very many bands doing this style of pop-rock.