20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died...

Anyone like him in Rock and Roll today??????
    Ever see Queen in concert?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died...

In Response to 20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died...:
    [QUOTE]Anyone like him in Rock and Roll today?????? Ever see Queen in concert?
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]20 years?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6D_BAuYCI

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I had the honor of seeing Queen over a dozen x, starting with the Uris Theatre show where they opened for Mott. No musician's death affected me more than Freddie's except for the assasination of John Lennon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

There is no around in Rock music today that I would compare to Freddie Mercury.

But, I could also say that about Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin,Brian Jones and John Lennon. I could say this about Layne Staley, Kurt Kobain or Bon Scott. I could say this about David Bowie, Alice Cooper or Mick Jagger.

The really, really great thing about Rock music is it's diverse styles, personalities and the seemingly myriad directions it has taken and (maybe) has yet to traverse.

The period in Rock music from the mid 60's to the late 70's spawned so many unique personalities and acts. The 80's and 90's witnessed a slight decline , but still provided many varied rock acts.

I don't think you'll ever see another like Freddie Mercury. But you won't likely see another like Ozzie Osbourne or Johnny "Rotten" Lydon either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: 20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died...:
    [QUOTE]There is no around in Rock music today that I would compare to Freddie Mercury. But, I could also say that about Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin,Brian Jones and John Lennon. I could say this about Layne Staley, Kurt Kobain or Bon Scott. I could say this about David Bowie, Alice Cooper or Mick Jagger. The really, really great thing about Rock music is it's diverse styles, personalities and the seemingly myriad directions it has taken and (maybe) has yet to traverse. The period in Rock music from the mid 60's to the late 70's spawned so many unique personalities and acts. The 80's and 90's witnessed a slight decline , but still provided many varied rock acts. I don't think you'll ever see another like Freddie Mercury. But you won't likely see another like Ozzie Osbourne or Johnny "Rotten" Lydon either.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Agreed ZILLAGOD

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]There is no around in Rock music today that I would compare to Freddie Mercury. But, I could also say that about Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin,Brian Jones and John Lennon. I could say this about Layne Staley, Kurt Kobain or Bon Scott. I could say this about David Bowie, Alice Cooper or Mick Jagger. The really, really great thing about Rock music is it's diverse styles, personalities and the seemingly myriad directions it has taken and (maybe) has yet to traverse. The period in Rock music from the mid 60's to the late 70's spawned so many unique personalities and acts. The 80's and 90's witnessed a slight decline , but still provided many varied rock acts. I don't think you'll ever see another like Freddie Mercury. But you won't likely see another like Ozzie Osbourne or Johnny "Rotten" Lydon either.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I agree but I would put the period from the early '60s (arrival of Beach Boys) to perhaps the mid-'80s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20 Years....since Freddie Mercury died... : I agree but I would put the period from the early '60s (arrival of Beach Boys) to perhaps the mid-'80s.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I can live with that.

Sections
Shortcuts