2nd Generation Musicians

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 2nd Generation Musicians

Julian Lennon had a nice album as i recollect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

ben taylor
    norah jones
    willow smith (no, im just kidding about that one)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Wilson Phillips (I am not interested in them, just mentioning them)Smile

*Carnie and Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips

(We will not speak of Miley ...   that goes without saying)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Jakob Dylan
    Derek Trucks (uncle)
    Nancy Sinatra
    Jeff Buckley
    Arlo Guthrie

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Dino, Desi and Billy were sons of Dean Martin and Desi Arnez (Lucille Ball's husband).  Billy was a family friend.  This group had a couple of charted hits.  The fathers were far more notable.  Dean Martin was a huge all around great entertainment star.  Desi Arnez conducted a Latin jazz/pop orchestra and sang.  He also was a big TV star.

Jesseyeric, this is a great topic.  There are many more 2nd generation musicians, in all of music, but I will give others a chance before I respond again. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have all of Julian Lennon's work and I think he is very talented.

He suffered from lack of good promoting, in my opinion or too many people tried to hold his work up against his dad's songs ( talk about a tough act to follow!). As he is not Yoko's son, I understand he got absolutley no advice or help form her, which may have been a good thing!

Arlo Guthrie is a great folk singer and he made some cool songs, also he is very interesting to listen to in interviews.

I don't know if Gary Lewis counts, as his dad , Jerry was a comic actor, not a musician, but his group created some excitement in the late 60's and he had a few hits that were kind of nice little pop songs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

• father: Mel Tillis - daughter: Pam Tillis (both charted country)
    • father: Nat King Cole - daughter: Natalie Cole
    • father: Ricky Nelson - sons: Nelson Brothers (charted early 90's)
    • father: Hank Williams - son: Hank Williams Jr.
    • father: John Mellencamp (charted "Let It All Hang Out") - son: John Cougar Mellencamp
    • Classical Music: Johann Strauss, Richard Strauss ... there could be more.  I'm not sure how they were interrelated.
    • mother: June Carter Cash - daughter: Carline Carter ... I'm a little fuzzy on the intrrelationship. (both charted country)
    • parents: Ozzie and Harriet Nelson (40's big band) - son: Ricky Nelson
    • mother: Judy Garland - daughter: Liza Minnelli
    • father: George Morgan (charted country) - daughter: Lorrie Morgan

Note: all the above charted on a national level 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Cavsfan

Nelson? You just killed my holiday Frown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd Generation Musicians:
    [QUOTE]Cavsfan Nelson? You just killed my holiday
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Maybe I can make up for it by finding more national musicians that are related. It will be harder. Maybe there are a lot more out there. At some point we have to be running out of relatives.      Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

• father: Eddie Levert (O'Jays) - sons: Gerald and Sean Levert (R&B group: Levert)
    • father: Bob Marley - son: Ziggy Marley
    • "Mother Maybelle Carter" (part of Carter Family band that's in the Country Music Hall Of Fame) - daughter: June Carter Cash 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd Generation Musicians:
    [QUOTE]Jakob Dylan Derek Trucks (uncle) Nancy Sinatra Jeff Buckley Arlo Guthrie
    Posted by schadenfreude99[/QUOTE]
    Very good.  Arlo Guthrie's dad was Woody Guthrie, a great songwriter and folk singer.  The great folk song we probably would remember is: "This Land Is Your Land" ( '........ This land is my land.  From California, to the New York Islands .......... This land was made for you and me.')  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great topic Jessey.
    Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey plays drums for Roger Daltrey/Pete Townshend (The Who) and I believe he's still with Oasis.He might have played for Ringo Starr and his All Starr band at some point as well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Father: Billy Ray Cyrus - daughter: Miley Ray Cyrus.  Miley is a pop singer and actress.  She plays Miley Stewart/ "Hannah Montana" on The Disney Channel.  Miley has recorded songs through Disney and other labels.  Her dad Billy Ray had a couple of big country hits.  "Achey Brakey Heart" and "Some Gave All".