A flimsy excuse to bore....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

A flimsy excuse to bore....

21 June, City Hall Plaza, a few days after I return to civilisation (;-)) there is a musical event at City Hall Plaza: The Mighty Mighty Boretones, blah blah blah, thingy, but also the second most underrated Boston band of all time:  Barrence Whitfield and the Savages.

Hand-on-heart, I reckon BWATS won't translate well on such a (Cher-on-a-battleship) environment....but as Peter lives in Texas now they probably will do another gig or two.

;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: A flimsy excuse to bore....

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

21 June, City Hall Plaza, a few days after I return to civilisation (;-)) there is a musical event at City Hall Plaza: The Mighty Mighty Boretones, blah blah blah, thingy, but also the second most underrated Boston band of all time:  Barrence Whitfield and the Savages.

Hand-on-heart, I reckon BWATS won't translate well on such a (Cher-on-a-battleship) environment....but as Peter lives in Texas now they probably will do another gig or two.

;-)

I wasn't sure what concert you were referring to, so I just checked, and it looks like one of Boston's city style concerts, so I'm sure it will be well attended.  Hopefully, it will be above 40 degrees that day.  

Would love to see BWATS, so maybe if the timing is right and it's not too $$$, I'd consider it.   I wouldn't be too interested in the MMB's either ...  but all in all,  there's something for everyone at some point in the summer, just have to find the gigs that "speak" to you.  :)    THANKS for the heads up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

;-)

I wasn't sure what concert you were referring to, so I just checked, and it looks like one of Boston's city style concerts, so I'm sure it will be well attended.  Hopefully, it will be above 40 degrees that day.  

Would love to see BWATS, so maybe if the timing is right and it's not too $$$, I'd consider it.   I wouldn't be too interested in the MMB's either ...  but all in all,  there's something for everyone at some point in the summer, just have to find the gigs that "speak" to you.  :)    THANKS for the heads up. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's free or paid.  And if you go, please go as far to the front as possible to reduce the "rattle your jewelry factor".

One of my few musical regrets, as I've posted before, is that I stubbornly, ignorantly declined to see them play while growing up in Boston.  Now they are one of my favourite bands...solely on musical grounds but, again as I've posted before, I also love the fact that such a great, cool band (way bigger in Europe than the States, btw, fwiw) is mainly driven by a 58-year old, fat, black, soul singer from Boston and a 58-year old, skinny, Jewish, punk guitarist from Boston...and, of course, nobody of worth gives a $h1t.

Go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

QUOTE]

;-)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's free or paid.  And if you go, please go as far to the front as possible to reduce the "rattle your jewelry factor".

One of my few musical regrets, as I've posted before, is that I stubbornly, ignorantly declined to see them play while growing up in Boston.  Now they are one of my favourite bands...solely on musical grounds but, again as I've posted before, I also love the fact that such a great, cool band (way bigger in Europe than the States, btw, fwiw) is mainly driven by a 58-year old, fat, black, soul singer from Boston and a 58-year old, skinny, Jewish, punk guitarist from Boston...and, of course, nobody of worth gives a $h1t.

Go!

[/QUOTE]

Man, I was completely out of touch re: this concert, the date went right over my head over the weekend.  I was engaged in a Summer Solstice event for yoga (what else?!) -- maybe another time.   Heard a good time was had by all, though, and the weather was perfect for an outdoor event --  first day of summer no less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I thought they got rid of the discussions....."forums".....gotta love it!

Sections
Shortcuts