Albums that you couldn't stop playing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldjcole. Show pauldjcole's posts

Re: Albums that you couldn't stop playing

Santana's "Zebop". I wore that record out! Just a great album from start to finish. This record is from 1981, almost 2 decades before "Supernatural". Just Santana and his band, and they kill it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Albums that you couldn't stop playing:
    [QUOTE]I just thought of another one       World Party - Private Revolution (1986)
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

I wouldn't say I wore it out, but I like that one, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Funkadelic - Funkadelic, Free Your Mind....and Your Azz Will Follow, and Maggot Brain
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]That early Funkadelic was some of the best music recorded in the '70s

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

off the top of my head/no order...

The Black Crowes -The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Amorica, The Lost Crowes
    Mofro - Lochloosa
    Radiohead - The Bends
    The Stones - Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile
    Grateful Dead - American Beauty, Wake of the Flood, Mars Hotel
    Tom Petty And the Heartbreakers - Full Moon Fever, Into the Great Wide Open and Wildflowers
    Dire Straits - Making Movies
    Pink Floyd - Meddle, Division Bell
    Derek and the Dominos - Layla
    Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On a Gravel Road
    10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe
    Led Zeppelin - III, IV, Physical Graffiti
    Mudcrutch - Mudcrutch (2008 Petty)
    Bob Marley - Catch A Fire, Legend
    Bob Dylan - Desire, Nashville Skyline
    Neil Young - Self titled, Zuma, Harvest Moon, Unplugged and Broken Arrow
    Eric Clapton - Self Titled, Slowhand, Backless, Unplugged
    Delaney and Bonnie w/Clapton - Live, D and B Together
    Cream - Disraeli Gears
    AC/DC - Powerage
    Vitalogy - PJ

And many, many more...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

Full House definitely
    Tapestry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Following the non-megahit rule: Yes - Yessongs, Tormato ELP - Tarkus, Pictures at an Exhibition, Works Vols 1 and 2 Deep Purple - Made in Japan, Who Do We Think We Are? Stones - Goat's Head Soup, Get Yer Ya Ya's Out Zeppelin III Pat Metheny - American Garage EW&F - I Am Hendrix - Crash Landing and my brand new West Coast Seattle Boy Jean Luc Ponty - Enigmatic Ocean (featuring god - Alan Holdsworth) Zappa - Just Another Band from LA, Zoot Allures, Weasles Ripped My Flesh. Apostrophe Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Self titled (the first one) Floyd - Animals god I could go on . .
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

A bunch of good ones there.  I also thought Hendrix's Crash Landing was potent stuff.  And that first Rainbow album was a classic.  Killer guitarwork by Ritchie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I have this tape of the Grateful Dead from Manor Downs in Austin, TX on 7/31/1982 - the eve of Garcia's 40th birthday.  What a great, great show.  I've been listening to it nearly 30 years.  My friend recorded from right up front - got the sound coming off the stage instead of the PA system - great quality recording.

I was there - warm summer night in Texas, outdoor venue (horse track), BBQ on one end and the Dead on the other.  We got a hold of low grade acid so we took a lot of it.  That was one of the best nights ever.  We drove down from OKC - three of us in a 2 seater (Opel GT) with one in the luggage area behind the seats.  We were doing bong hits on the way down.  Some buddies from college were following them around and spent the night at my house in Okc.  I followed them down to Austin with a couple of High School friends.

After the show, everyone was hanging out in this huge open field that was acting as the parking area.  No cops telling people to move on or anything.  We took a few of the bumper stickers my college buds had made and walked around trying sell them or trade them, mostly trade them.  Traded them for beers, hits off a pipe, other bumper stickers.  Everyone was so friendly and happy that night.  This was a few years before the scene with the Dead got out of control.  People good still make stuff and sell it at shows - great t-shirts and drawings.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

"The Music Never Stopped" was awesome, the "It's all over now" was phenomenal.  In the second set, the Uncle Johns Band was crazy.  At the end of the song, the jam veered into what seemed like a dead end, and then suddenly Garcia broke into the opening licks of Truckin and the rest of the band followed.  It got a bit dicey when Garcia stopped playing to light a cigarette, but they got it back together and just flew.

There's mosquitoes on the river,
    the fish are rising up like birds,
    it's been hot for 7 weeks now,
    too hot to even speak now,
    did you hear what I just heard

First Set
    Alabama Get Away
    Promised Land
    Candyman
    El Paso
    Bird Song
    Little Red Rooster
    Ramblin Rose
    It's All Over Now
    Brown Eyed Women
    Music Never Stopped
    Deal

Second Set
    Scarlet Begonias - />
    Fire on the Mountain
    Estimate Prophet - />
    Eyes of The World - />
    Drums - />
    Jam - />
    Uncle Johns Band - />
    Truckin - />
    Morning Dew - />
    One More Saturday Night

Encore:Don't Ease Me in

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

[QUOTE]Following the non-megahit rule: Yes - Yessongs, Tormato ELP - Tarkus, Pictures at an Exhibition, Works Vols 1 and 2 Deep Purple - Made in Japan, Who Do We Think We Are? Stones - Goat's Head Soup, Get Yer Ya Ya's Out Zeppelin III Pat Metheny - American Garage EW&F - I Am Hendrix - Crash Landing and my brand new West Coast Seattle Boy Jean Luc Ponty - Enigmatic Ocean (featuring god - Alan Holdsworth) Zappa - Just Another Band from LA, Zoot Allures, Weasles Ripped My Flesh. Apostrophe Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Self titled (the first one) Floyd - Animals god I could go on . .
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Kick A.S.S. Metheny, Ponty (Enigmatic Ocean is probably his best thanks to Alan, Daryl Stuermer (who played bass for Genesis for years after this) and several others), Yes, ELP, Floyd Animals, Zappa, all among my favorites. I own pretty much every Pat Metheny record, most of Ponty's, almost all of Yes and ELP, and those few Zappa discs that you mentioned. Zoot Allures and Apostrophe are staples. Most excellent, Greg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

[QUOTE]I have this tape of the Grateful Dead from Manor Downs in Austin, TX on 7/31/1982 - the eve of Garcia's 40th birthday.  What a great, great show.  I've been listening to it nearly 30 years.  My friend recorded from right up front - got the sound coming off the stage instead of the PA system - great quality recording. I was there - warm summer night in Texas, outdoor venue (horse track), BBQ on one end and the Dead on the other.  We got a hold of low grade acid so we took a lot of it.  That was one of the best nights ever.  We drove down from OKC - three of us in a 2 seater (Opel GT) with one in the luggage area behind the seats.  We were doing bong hits on the way down.  Some buddies from college were following them around and spent the night at my house in Okc.  I followed them down to Austin with a couple of High School friends. After the show, everyone was hanging out in this huge open field that was acting as the parking area.  No cops telling people to move on or anything.  We took a few of the bumper stickers my college buds had made and walked around trying sell them or trade them, mostly trade them.  Traded them for beers, hits off a pipe, other bumper stickers.  Everyone was so friendly and happy that night.  This was a few years before the scene with the Dead got out of control.  People good still make stuff and sell it at shows - great t-shirts and drawings. I remember it like it was yesterday. "The Music Never Stopped" was awesome, the "It's all over now" was phenomenal.  In the second set, the Uncle Johns Band was crazy.  At the end of the song, the jam veered into what seemed like a dead end, and then suddenly Garcia broke into the opening licks of Truckin and the rest of the band followed.  It got a bit dicey when Garcia stopped playing to light a cigarette, but they got it back together and just flew. There's mosquitoes on the river, the fish are rising up like birds, it's been hot for 7 weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard First Set Alabama Get Away Promised Land Candyman El Paso Bird Song Little Red Rooster Ramblin Rose It's All Over Now Brown Eyed Women Music Never Stopped Deal Second Set Scarlet Begonias - /> Fire on the Mountain Estimate Prophet - /> Eyes of The World - /> Drums - /> Jam - /> Uncle Johns Band - /> Truckin - /> Morning Dew - /> One More Saturday Night Encore:Don't Ease Me in
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I caught that tour too. I would love to get a copy of that tape. Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I must be the baby of the bunch.  This is all before my time...  I envy your music knowledge and experiences, though.