Alice Cooper turned down Raquel Welch's advances ????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Alice Cooper turned down Raquel Welch's advances ????

Vincent,what were you thinking?????

From the NY Post:

Rockers are known as hopeless ladies’ men, but Alice Cooper ignored the advances of Raquel Welch when she threw herself at him, according to a memoir by guitarist Dick Wagner. Wagner and Cooper were in Miami in 1976 for Super Bowl weekend, and Welch was performing at the Fontainebleau. “We were invited up to her suite,” writes Wagner in “Not Only Women Bleed.” “I sensed something was going on . . . at least in Raquel’s mind.” Wagner advised his pal, “You gotta do it at least one time for all us h0rny bastards in the world.” But “Alice had a propensity towards being faithful to his girlfriend,” then-19-year-old dancer on his tour, Sheryl Goddard. Wagner recalls thinking Cooper was “crazy not to allow himself to be seduced.” When Cooper and Wagner played golf at the Doral Country Club the next day, Welch even popped up and pleaded with Cooper, “Can I be your caddy? Please . . . ” Cooper, “made a rather boisterous exit . . . to the clubhouse.” The rocker later married Goddard, who’s still his wife. We’re told Wagner will sign his tome Wednesday at the East 86th Street Barnes & Noble, and on Saturday in Ridgewood, NJ, after being a guest of honor at “Rock of Ages.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Alice Cooper turned down Raquel Welch's advances ????

Alice knew what he was doing - Sheryl basically saved hi slife.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have lots of respect for Alice Cooper if this is true.

Rockers and celebrities in general have a reputation for being promiscuous.

If he truly was in love with Sheryl Goddard and cared at all about her feelings, he would have been a real jerk to give in to temptation.

Since he married Goddard and has stayed with her for over 35 years then we can safely assume he has met his ideal partner and had he went off with Racquel Welch ( who probably was more interested in his celebrity than a lifetime relationship) he would have jeopordized a life with someone he really loves.

A message to guys ( and women) everywhere. Use your brain and don't let lower parts of your body make desicions you may regret for a couple of hours of meaningless pleasure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Normally,I'd agree with both of you.Not in this case though,it's Raquel Welch.She is the exception to the rule as far as I'm concerned.

I'm single so that's easy to say.If I was in a commited relationship,I'd be tempted and flattered,but would probably walk away too,even from Raquel.

But I wouldn't be very happy about it.Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I would not have walked away, but then I am a sleezebag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey, if Alice was able to remain faithful to his girlfriend in the face of Raquel Welch's advances, then he's one remarkable dude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

I don't believe that for a minute.

I have lived with my dream woman for over 20 years. We aren't married, but might as well be. I had fantasy daydreams about what it would be like to be together with my lady for years before we hooked up ( really couldn't imagine a woman this beautiful would ever be available, I took a chance one day and the rest is history). I am truly living a dream, I wouldn't jeopordize that for 20 Racquel Welchs, and I wouldn't expect my woman to jeopordize our relationship for a cheap fling with a handsome ,rich, male celebrity either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

I don't believe this, either.   And that's to your credit.  

Sorry, but your image as a "bad boy" only goes so far.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

As a serial monogamist myself, I can understand Alice Cooper passing on Raquel Welch.

I think the genral "stereotype" of a rocker is one of a new girl every other day!

For all the talk Gene Simmons (KISS) does about his "female conquest's" I'm convinced he has been faithful to his now wife for many, many years - without cheating.

On a side note -I've never understood the concept of cheating. If your relationship isn't what you want, why not just speak up? It's like a bad rancid meal - would you eat it or speak up?

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Fascinating topic.  My basic premise is "most men are dogs".  Not all, not me, not (most of) my (male) friends.  But it's blindingly obvious to me that men are, on the whole, way more promiscuous than women.  Does anyone want to debate that?

Alice Cooper?  Don't know, don't care.  Despite his bluster and theatrics, he's always seemed to me to be a decent and very bright guy.  But they can cheat too.  

But I can either assume the best or the worst.

Sections
Shortcuts