An explanation about the forums today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

An explanation about the forums today

This was posted on the Red Sox "Front Burner" forum by BDC Dottie:

Hi Sox fans,

I wanted to let you know what went on today with the forums.

We've decided to build our own forums and article comments instead of using those provided by another company. We believe that having that software on our own servers will give us more flexibility and control.

As part of that process, we are moving all of the data from the company we're using now to our servers. In order to make it easier for us to get that data, the company upgraded its software today.

Unfortunately, the upgrade caused problems: It messed up article comments on BostonGlobe.com, it took many of the forums offline, and it caused a few threads to disappear. After working all day to rectify it, this evening we told the company to go back to the earlier version before the upgrade.

It worked; On the Front Burner is back. Unfortunately, in reverting, all discussions started and posts added today are gone.

So, a sincere apology. I can't promise that more weird things won't happen as we make this massive transition, but our developers are working diligently to minimize the disruptions.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Re: An explanation about the forums today

Another space-time inversion, virtual style...

Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So I didn't miss anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Thanks for the update.  

But do you really believe that?  Really?  ;)

There must be a conspiracy theorist out there, with another explanation for what happened.    Where are the conspiracy experts when we need them?  ;)

Actually, I liked the threads that were started yesterday and reading the concert updates.  I suppose if you're up for repeating yourself (and maybe you're used to that if you have kids =) ) you can re-write your review in the concert update thread.  

Otherwise, take it from the top.   

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How's this for a conspiracy theory:

They are preparing the boards for Dec 21. On this date , according to the experts, it is predicted that a cataclysmic event will take place (I'm counting on 'First Contact' with extraterrestrial life, as it seems like the best scenerio of the lot).

I am sure alien life will judge all human life by the comments made on these boards ( God, help us!). So I would just like to say, I am not representitive of the normal human being and I should be allowed to live ( as long as I can keep my books, DVDs and CDs...maybe a few video games, too). I will cooporate completely ( unless there is genetic testing or any other tests involving sharp knives and painful surgeries).

Aliens are my freinds and I never doubted UFOs were for real.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today : http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a10629Discussion%3a70725e6f-c0b8-4c60-b6dc-19db8eb9cb33
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Well, what a lovely discussion. Sheeple is such a valuable contributor.  :P

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]How's this for a conspiracy theory: They are preparing the boards for Dec 21. On this date , according to the experts, it is predicted that a cataclysmic event will take place (I'm counting on 'First Contact' with extraterrestrial life, as it seems like the best scenerio of the lot). I am sure alien life will judge all human life by the comments made on these boards ( God, help us!). So I would just like to say, I am not representitive of the normal human being and I should be allowed to live ( as long as I can keep my books, DVDs and CDs...maybe a few video games, too). I will cooporate completely ( unless there is genetic testing or any other tests involving sharp knives and painful surgeries). Aliens are my freinds and I never doubted UFOs were for real.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

We will have to resurrect this thread on December 21 -- no, I mean December 22nd -- if the board and any of us are still here.  :P

If any alien life were to judge human life, emotions, or intelligence by the content of the BDC forums, uh, what a horror show for them.  :D    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today : We will have to resurrect this thread on December 21 -- no, I mean December 22nd -- if the board and any of us are still here.  :P If any alien life were to judge human life, emotions, or intelligence by the content of the BDC forums, uh, what a horror show for them.  :D    
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]How's this for a conspiracy theory: They are preparing the boards for Dec 21. On this date , according to the experts, it is predicted that a cataclysmic event will take place (I'm counting on 'First Contact' with extraterrestrial life, as it seems like the best scenerio of the lot). I am sure alien life will judge all human life by the comments made on these boards ( God, help us!). So I would just like to say, I am not representitive of the normal human being and I should be allowed to live ( as long as I can keep my books, DVDs and CDs...maybe a few video games, too). I will cooporate completely ( unless there is genetic testing or any other tests involving sharp knives and painful surgeries). Aliens are my freinds and I never doubted UFOs were for real.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]If you believe what you hear on cable TV, one form of alien life to have visited Earth is Reptillian.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It was Pike.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today : If you believe what you hear on cable TV, one form of alien life to have visited Earth is Reptillian.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't believe everything I hear on cable T.V., the internet, newspapers, magazines or radio.

But after the mess that human life has made of everything , can reptiles with brains do any worse?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today : Well, I don't believe everything I hear on cable T.V., the internet, newspapers, magazines or radio. But after the mess that human life has made of everything , can reptiles with brains do any worse?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    I found out the hard way that not everything you hear on the radio or TV is true.For a while when I was 5 or 6,I thought there were 8 days in a week thanks to the Beatles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An explanation about the forums today : I found out the hard way that not everything you hear on the radio or TV is true.For a while when I was 5 or 6,I thought there were 8 days in a week thanks to the Beatles.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]Good post.