An Insider's POV re: "They're Only In it for the Money" -- Billy Corgan speaks out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

An Insider's POV re: "They're Only In it for the Money" -- Billy Corgan speaks out

Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins' frontman, is all over his own contemporaries for returning to the stage, and reuniting, for the purpose of cashing in only.   

His opinion, of course.  He's entitled to it.  Essentially, he's saying what many of us have said in shorthand.  On the heels of Zilla's recent post, this is a good example of an industry insider making accusations about the disingenuous nature of reunions.  He says, "Call it what it is -- they're out there to have one more round at the till."

Corgan also said that the music landscape has not changed for the better and is one where people prefer "fame to the music itself" --with no respect for the people that came before them.  No respect for tradition and "the blood, sweat and tears that have been spilled for great musicians all over the world ..."    Nice, short article.   The SP's are currently on tour. 

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/billy-corgan-says-soundgarden-among-acts-back-only-to-make-money-20120816#ixzz25WIoRErA

"I think every woman should have a blowtorch"  Julia Child

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: An Insider's POV re:

I like the Pumpkins. I think they were one of the better bands to emerge in the nineties, but so was Soundgarden.     Soundgarden paid it's dues, and if they want to get back together and make a little money, I'm ok with that. Are the Pumpkins in for free??? To be honest, I am a little surprised that he would use them as an example of a band only in it for the money, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Good read though, he does make some good points on the nature of todays music scene.  

Now if I can only figure out how to stay logged in to BDC, and use the banned letter -:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: An Insider's POV re:

Now if I can only figure out how to stay logged in to BDC, and use the banned letter -:) 

The BANNED LETTER.  A new take on the classic, "The Scarlet Letter" --  :)  

As for Corgan, I don't know why he picked on Soundgarden, unless there's bad blood for some (unknown to me) reason.  

I know Corgan has been dissed, but I don't know if anyone one in Soundgarden has dissed him.   In the meantime, saying that the band depends on young fans, and that's what the the SM's depend on for a future -- well, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.   Aren't *all* fans important?   I did like seeing his out-spoken POV as an insider; he does, nonetheless, seem to have a heavy agenda.  :P

Sections
Shortcuts