Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

An inspirational forum here.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

An inspirational forum here.

About a year ago I was doing a regular gig in "Ri-vee-yah".  Kinda like open mic, but thay paid you, and you did a set, not a song.  45 minute scheduled time.

back then someone here brought up REO Speedwagon, and I said, "Sht, I forgot about those guys"

So, I worked out the chords to Roll with the Changes on the guit.  Then realized its a piano song, so I worked it out on the keys (I am a guitarIST who can play the piano, not vice versa).  There is a piano on the stage that no one ever used, so I dropped a mic in the top and voila!  New tune in the act.

Aboout a week ago there was a thread on Lennon v McCartney (I think), and I mentioned I like Rick Davies' Supertramp songs over Rodger Hodgen's, and cited Asylum.

Click.

So, not bathering with the guitar this time, I worked out Asylum on the keys (a lot trickier that "Roll with the Changes", but I'm a better piano player now (and I transposed it to C :-))

New tune in the act, and because of this very forum.

That's cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: An inspirational forum here.

Nice.

I've said it many times -- the quality of the discussions and the knowledge of the posters on this forum is sick.  :)

My music collection has grown greatly due to both the advice and recommendations, as well as my curiosity to pursue music / artists  that were brought to my attention.    Or like you, Greg, just had a CLICK all on my own, that was sparked by a discussion.  

Very congenial, compatible group.  Smart, sharp, compassionate and funny.  
    Oh, and modest.   :P   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Yes modest.

I have PUBLICALLY admitted there are 3 guitar players better than me, and 2 of them are dead.

THATS humility!

:-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

And By the way Yogi-girl, you pretty much own this forum.

And thanks

G

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am glad that people here can inspire others to greatness ( or near-greatness....or even okayness).

I am openly going to challenge yoga-girl for forum dominance...Andy Kaufman style.

A wrestling match, 2 out of 3 falls...start training now , we meet in the ring no later than December 22, 2012....just in case the world really does come to an end!

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts