Any End of the World Plans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Any End of the World Plans

I am now in full Mad Max Metalhead mode. Bike and sports car are ready and music is downloaded. Reservations at the Marriott in Times Square and a message to all my friends to leave all their money, valuables, gold and diamonds at my house tonight. 

How you all celebrating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Any End of the World Plans

"the sound of gunfire / off in the distance / I'm getting used to it now..."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sorry, the world can't end. I have a vacation day tromorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What time tomorrow is the end exactly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Probably go to work. Maybe have a Cheesburger instead of my usual Turkey on Whole Wheat, and a supersized Chocoholic frosty instead of a muffin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm going to drink some beers and have a little herb to prepare myself to meet my maker.Wait a second,I do that all the time anyway.Oh well,never mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Wish I knew for sure.   Don't we all.  :)

I would have spent a boodle of my money, Jessey, so there wouldn't be much left for you, sorry.    As for gold, I wear sterling more than gold, but I'm taking all of my jewelry with me, as I have been told many times that I have the coolest jewelry that anyone has ever seen.     Yoga mat will be packed to go, too.

Sorry to tell you, but NASA has debunked the doomsday theories, for people who were really worried about this.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If the world was really going to end, then knowing in advance would take all the fun out of it.

Case in point: zombies have now become a cultural punch line, complete with their own bumper stickers and fetishists.  They have quite literally taken the enjoyment out of being a zombie.

"ain't got no speakers / ain't got no headphones / ain't got no records to play..."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

One thing I must make a note of is to to check my local listings for end-of-world sex orgies in town tonight. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

One thing I must make a note of is to to check my local listings for end-of-world sex orgies in town tonight. :-)

Heh.

Heck, run-of-the-mill sex orgies would be fine, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

"What would I do that was different?  Unless it was champagne with [all of] you!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Actually, for me it is doomsday. I have to go to the RMV today. It's an easy enough transaction, but if you've been to the RMV recently, then you know what I mean.

One bright spot, however, is the party on Saturday. The club I belong to is throwing a 'The World Didn't End' party.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to gerbs' comment:

"What would I do that was different?  Unless it was champagne with [all of] you!" ?

Cheers, gerbs.   A toast to your cleverness and all of us.   <clink>   That was good champagne.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Glad I didn't make any big plans.  

Yet, there is a very forboding atmosphere out there ... so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to gerbs' comment:

What would I do that was different?  Unless it was champagne with [all of] you!" 

[/QUOTE]

Nice Gerbs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Yet, there is a very forboding atmosphere out there ... so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.   

Forboding indeed. I was downloading (legal) music last night and I got hit with something called the Fake FBI Moneypak Virus which completely locks you out of your computer and tries to hold you ransom for $200. It says I had to go to Walmart and buy a card that would unlock the virus, or the FBI would be at my door. Warning: This virus is bad. None of my anti-virus appplications (Norton s88ks) caught it. It took me three hours to get it off my computer. It even locks you out of safe mode. You need to know how to fix you computer manually to get rid of it and it's traces. Be careful it is all over You Tube. Not fun.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

Forboding indeed. I was downloading (legal) music last night and I got hit with something called the Fake FBI Moneypak Virus which completely locks you out of your computer and tries to hold you ransom for $200. It says I had to go to Walmart and buy a card that would unlock the virus, or the FBI would be at my door. Warning: This virus is bad. None of my anti-virus appplications (Norton s88ks) caught it. It took me three hours to get it off my computer. It even locks you out of safe mode. You need to know how to fix you computer manually to get rid of it and it's traces. Be careful it is all over You Tube. Not fun.... 

Man, that sounds horrible, sorry to hear you got hit with a computer virus.  What a nightmare.  You were probably hoping it was hoax with that "go to Walmart" statement, but unfortunately it wasn't.   I didn't see online warnings yesterday, and that's usually the case when there's a bad virus that's hitting the masses.   

I've had trouble with youtube as it is lately (I probably need to clear my cache or whatever ...) , so I'll stand clear.    Great job disabling it from your computer on your own.   

It might not have turned out to be an official Doomsday, but the weather could not be more fitting either way.   Freakish.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Man, that sounds horrible, sorry to hear you got hit with a computer virus.  What a nightmare.  You were probably hoping it was hoax with that "go to Walmart" statement, but unfortunately it wasn't.   I didn't see online warnings yesterday, and that's usually the case when there's a bad virus that's hitting the masses.   

I've had trouble with youtube as it is lately (I probably need to clear my cache or whatever ...) , so I'll stand clear.    Great job disabling it from your computer on your own.   

It might not have turned out to be an official Doomsday, but the weather could not be more fitting either way.   Freakish.  

Yoga,if you're running google chrome,I might be able to help you out with your youtube  problem.I was having problems with my Chrome  running youtube videos slow and being choppy.Here's a link to an article that may help you,it cleared up my issues right away:

http://rextronics.co.uk/general/how-to-fix-jerky-full-screen-youtube-videos-in-google-chrome/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My end of the world listening list:

Tom Lehman - We will all go together when we go

REM - End of the world (as we know it)

Europe - Final countdown

Doors -The end

Prince - 1999

Tom Waits - The earth died screaming

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Yoga,if you're running google chrome,I might be able to help you out with your youtube  problem.I was having problems with my Chrome  running youtube videos slow and being choppy.Here's a link to an article that may help you,it cleared up my issues right away:

http://rextronics.co.uk/general/how-to-fix-jerky-full-screen-youtube-videos-in-google-chrome/

Well, my computer almost blew up ... ONLY KIDDING.   hahahaha.  

Thank you, MrMoJo.   So far, so good ...  I always dread when Chrome decides to make a change of any kind, as issues always crop up afterwards.  I was suspicious and did a search on the problem a couple of weeks ago, but I did not find a solution that made a difference.   Thanks again; hope Chrome leaves well enough alone for a while.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts