Anybody going to see Roger Daltry on this tour?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Anybody going to see Roger Daltry on this tour?

Or has anybody already seen him? I saw him at the Mann Music Center in Philly. He did all of "Tommy" and about 8 or 10 other songs. I can't believe how great he still sounds. If he's coming north or south to your area I recommend it. Pete Townshend's bother was a guitarist. He sounds just like him. It's amazing that some old heads really should retire but he's not one. Great show with lights an a big screen etc... Note: I don't know why my name is changed but I am jaytf25?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Anybody going to see Roger Daltry on this tour?

In Response to Anybody going to see Roger Daltry on this tour?:
    Or has anybody already seen him? I saw him at the Mann Music Center in Philly. He did all of "Tommy" and about 8 or 10 other songs. I can't believe how great he still sounds. If he's coming north or south to your area I recommend it. Pete Townshend's bother was a guitarist. He sounds just like him. It's amazing that some old heads really should retire but he's not one. Great show with lights an a big screen etc... Note: I don't know why my name is changed but I am jaytf25?
    Posted by null

That's what Mike in the Bronx said about Null.

Wou;dn't mind seeing Roger. He is my 2nd fav singer after Freddie Mercury

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I think what happened while on the computer at work Boston.com didn't recognize my log on so I registered and it gave me a new name. Daltry really was great. The Who had some of the greatest albums and songs of our time. Meaty,Beaty, Big and Bouncy, Tommy, Who's next,Quadrophenia. Even Who are you was good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I think the Daltrey solo-Tommy show was last weekend in Boston -- by the time I saw a write-up about it, it was way too late for me to arrange to go, but I would have loved to.  Good to get a firsthand review, jay -- thanks!

The interview that I read with Daltrey said there was a chance he was going to tour with Townshend again, and if so I am definitely going to go.  I've seen Townshend solo, but I've never seen any official Who tour (if you can call half a Who official).  The Townshend concert I saw was the last gig on his Iron Man tour at Jones Beach in NY.  Being the last show and NY being one of Townshend's favorite places, he didn't want to stop playing and the show went on and on and on.  He was joyful and seemed so glad to be there; the concert was truly awesome.

Jessey:  have you seen the making of The Who documentary?  I have the dvd set which includes individual pieces on each of the original members.  The Daltrey section has interviews with other singers like Eddie Vedder, and a lot of commentary from Pete Townshend about Roger being an accomplished interpreter of his songs, something that he's realized more and more over the years.  People don't often appreciate how much of an art really great vocals are.   The whole dvd set is great.

Sections
Shortcuts