Anyone remember the keyboard player who was famous for what he wore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Anyone remember the keyboard player who was famous for what he wore?

He used to play on stage wearing pyjamas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Anyone remember the keyboard player who was famous for what he wore?

I wanna say the keyboard player for Parliament Funkadelic...but not Bernie Worrell...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I can't think of his name....but did he play with The Boomtown Rats? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone remember the keyboard player who was famous for what he wore?:
    [QUOTE]I can't think of his name....but did he play with The Boomtown Rats? 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Johnnie Fingers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Matty - I think the Bass player for PF used to come out playing in a diaper.

Yoshi - nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I did like the Boomtown Rats...not a huge fan - and obviously can't remember all their names  - they were a part of my "Everything Celtic" phase including Hothouse Flowers...I actually snuck into a club in Boston to see Hothouse Flowers play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Now I'm going to have to dig out my video footage of the Boomtown Rats...from the SCTV episode they guested on...can't even remember which song they played...maybe 'Elephant's Graveyard'...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Boomtown Rats were never really famous. They had one big hit with "I don't like Mondays", which was a song about a student who went on a shooting spree. When asked why she did it, her answer was , 'I don't like Mondays."

The other song that is memorable is "Rat Trap."

Bob Geldof the singer starred in the Pink Floyd film "The Wall." He played Pink, the main character.

One of the early groups of what would later be called "alternative" music along with groups like Public Image Limited, XTC and Devo. These groups were offshoots off the punk movement but not exactly New Wave, but I guess that is where they were categorized at the time.

I knew Elton John would crop up in this discussion but Elton is known at least as much(if not more) for his songwriting and singing as he is for his crazy outfits. Johnny Fingers is best known for the pyjamas as the Boomtown Rats never reached the success level of Elton John.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone remember the keyboard player who was famous for what he wore?:
    [QUOTE]Boomtown Rats were never really famous. They had one big hit with "I don't like Mondays", which was a song about a student who went on a shooting spree. When asked why she did it, her answer was , 'I don't like Mondays." The other song that is memorable is "Rat Trap." Bob Geldof the singer starred in the Pink Floyd film "The Wall." He played Pink, the main character. One of the early groups of what would later be called "alternative" music along with groups like Public Image Limited, XTC and Devo. These groups were offshoots off the punk movement but not exactly New Wave, but I guess that is where they were categorized at the time. I knew Elton John would crop up in this discussion but Elton is known at least as much(if not more) for his songwriting and singing as he is for his crazy outfits. Johnny Fingers is best known for the pyjamas as the Boomtown Rats never reached the success level of Elton John.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

They had a really good song which didn't get a lot of air play "Up All Night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QRL3t9qyc