Apple Redoing 1984 all over again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Apple Redoing 1984 all over again

Thoughts on Apple imbedding a program in the iPhone that will disable the video capability at concerts.  They say it's to protect copyright material.

It's just so wrong on many levels.  It's starting with Music company's paying Apple to control my phone, next it's the Police then Governments.  This program is a repressive regimes wet dream.

Once Apple starts getting cash you know Google (Android) won't be far behind.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Apple Redoing 1984 all over again

they find criminals via apple iphones now...some guy got arrested for growing pot, and he denied it...then they showed him his phone's gps records.

"why are you spending so much time in this pot field"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Apple isn't taking over your phone, they are covering their behinds.  Your phone hasn't been under your own control prior to now anyhow.  What else is new?  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i refuse to get the internet on my phone until there is no way around it. my phone is SO old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"1984"..."repressive regime"...

Except in this case, Big Brother is a private sector corporation disguised as a fruit (the same fruit blamed for original sin, I might add)...

We've been warned time and time again.  Mass devotion to the next big tech gadget is its own form of religious cult....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

the bible foretold the apple dynasty!

adam, why did you take the iphone?

eve gave it to me! she got tired of me staying out all night drinking with no calls!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I refuse to own one. I will resist for as long as I can.

However, a cell phone could be a major player in anyone's life whether they choose to own one or not. I drive an average of 40 minutes a day...20 minutes to work and 20 minutes back. Seldom does a day go by that I do not see some moron texting or talking while behind the wheel. I have to think for me and for them in order to avoid accidents....this irritates me no end.

Another example of a gadget that could be very useful to a businessman being marketed as a necessary part of life. Commercials for phones and service dominate the T.V. They are constantly ramming home this idea that "you need this" even though we don't.

I wonder as a walk through the grocery store, as I drive on the roads, what the hell is so damn important to talk about that can't wait until you see your friends and family face to face?

We have become a society that lives in "the moment." We see something we must talk about it immediately. We hear about people who update their Facebook page because they called to schedule an oil change for their vehicle!! Like anyone really needs to know this. People are apparently living the majority of their lives in cyberspace!!!

I want you to get up, right now!!! Move away from the computer, put down the cellphone and find a real person to talk to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i work at a bank, i talk to people far to much.  i feel like the interaction here is much more of a "real" conversation than ANYTHING i say to customers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Apple Redoing 1984 all over again:
    [QUOTE]i work at a bank, i talk to people far to much.  i feel like the interaction here is much more of a "real" conversation than ANYTHING i say to customers.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

Well, I can understand that. The type conversations you have with customers likely aren't all pleasant. I work with the public also and many of them are morons, but occasionally I do deal with nice people.

Of course on the internet, you may never really "know" the people you are speaking to. For example I may be a most wanted criminal and you'd be the last to know it. Face to face you can pretty much tell if a person is sincere or not , in most cases. It is very easy to hide behind a username and an avatar , but in real life unless you wear a mask all the time, you can't hide.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

whitey bulger! we found him! stop the presses!

i am actually larry bird.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"1984"..."repressive regime"...

I'm not sure if your old enough to have seen the commercial but Apple Introduced the Macintosh back in 1984 with a TV commercial that was based on George Orwell's 1984.  It aired only once during the Super Bowl.  It was a huge production that probable started the Super Bowl commercial craze.

Video phones were a huge part of the Arab Spring.  I'm sure the leaders of Syria and Iran (to name a few) would love to have the capability of turning off video phones to hide their atrocities.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Zilla, Speaking of your drive.  Since all new car have the capability of sending and receiving information, imagine if the automakers decited to control our cars maximum speed based on the posted limit. 

Jeez,  I guess technology is great when it doesn't suck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

anyone else find it a little eerie that yesterday i said zilla was whitey ford and we found him and then today he was caught?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Apple Redoing 1984 all over again:
    [QUOTE]anyone else find it a little eerie that yesterday i said zilla was whitey ford and we found him and then today he was caught?
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]It is uncanny.  Also uncanny since T-cal used a sci-fi book in the title of this thread.   Cue music from the Twilight Zone.