Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim

Didn't you just love his masterpiece: "Tiptoe Through The Tulips"?  A fellow music trivia buff told me that when Tiny Tim wasn't doing his gimmic singing, he actually had a very good voice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim

And he had Miss Vicki.

Very nice Cavsfan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Tiny Tim"s Tip Toes Through The Tulips with ISM was a much better version than his 1968 version, which somehow made the charts to #17 in 1968!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This is one of those T.V. spoofs that became a big sensation because of the power and reach of television.

Like the Asian kid who couldn't sing on American Idol.

The moon landing that we all witnessed on T.V. , so therefore it must have really happened.

I want you to go to your window right now...go to the window!!!, throw it wide open!!!...I said 'wide open'!!!....I want you to scream , "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I' M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!...

That stupid box in the corner of your room has you believing anything. If they showed elephants flying over Mt. Washington , we'd all believe it! If a woman , who was a former governor of Alaska came on that box and told you our President was doing a lousy job and she has all the answers....even though she is not sure exactly where Russia is on a world map, we'd believe it! If a bunch of right wing Republicans talk on Foxnews channel and they tell us that they should be in control , they will fix everything, "vote us back in, give us another chance!"---like moths to a flame, rats following the pied piper, most of us actually will do it. Just watch, you'll see! It'll be on your T.V. in November....so you know it will be true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

For electric guitar: Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray Vaughn are amongst the best that ever played.  In a closely related instrument, the Ukelele I would have to go with Tiny Tim and Don Ho ("Tiny Bubbles").  They were both fine performers.

This is the thread where you can get: creative, wild and crazy, serious, off topic, clever, funny, complain, compliment, etc..  Just please, don't slander or get lude or nasty.   In the words sang by John Mellencamp Sr: "Let It All Hang Out". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim:
    [QUOTE]            For electric guitar: Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray Vaughn are amongst the best that ever played.  In a closely related instrument, the Ukelele I would have to go with Tiny Tim and Don Ho ("Tiny Bubbles").  They were both fine performers.             This is the thread where you can get: wild and crazy, dumb, stupid, off topic , clever, funny, complain, compliment, etc..  Just please, don't slander or get lude or nasty.   In the words sang by John Mellencamp Sr: "Let It All Hang Out".    
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Actually, both George Harrison, Sir Paul and Brian May all play a mean uke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]This is one of those T.V. spoofs that became a big sensation because of the power and reach of television. Like the Asian kid who couldn't sing on American Idol. The moon landing that we all witnessed on T.V. , so therefore it must have really happened. I want you to go to your window right now...go to the window!!!, throw it wide open!!!...I said 'wide open'!!!....I want you to scream , "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I' M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!... That stupid box in the corner of your room has you believing anything. If they showed elephants flying over Mt. Washington , we'd all believe it! If a woman , who was a former governor of Alaska came on that box and told you our President was doing a lousy job and she has all the answers....even though she is not sure exactly where Russia is on a world map, we'd believe it! If a bunch of right wing Republicans talk on Foxnews channel and they tell us that they should be in control , they will fix everything, "vote us back in, give us another chance!"---like moths to a flame, rats following the pied piper, most of us actually will do it. Just watch, you'll see! It'll be on your T.V. in November....so you know it will be true.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Okay Zilla, did you eat one of those small southern villages again and now suffering from heart-burn?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]This is one of those T.V. spoofs that became a big sensation because of the power and reach of television. Like the Asian kid who couldn't sing on American Idol. The moon landing that we all witnessed on T.V. , so therefore it must have really happened. I want you to go to your window right now...go to the window!!!, throw it wide open!!!...I said 'wide open'!!!....I want you to scream , "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I' M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!... That stupid box in the corner of your room has you believing anything. If they showed elephants flying over Mt. Washington , we'd all believe it! If a woman , who was a former governor of Alaska came on that box and told you our President was doing a lousy job and she has all the answers....even though she is not sure exactly where Russia is on a world map, we'd believe it! If a bunch of right wing Republicans talk on Foxnews channel and they tell us that they should be in control , they will fix everything, "vote us back in, give us another chance!"---like moths to a flame, rats following the pied piper, most of us actually will do it. Just watch, you'll see! It'll be on your T.V. in November....so you know it will be true.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]     ZILLAGOD, I hear what you are saying!  Man, you went ape freakn' bozo in that post!  You should be writing political satire or comedy.  Probably both. Or maybe somethin' else.  ..........Jessey, good heartburn joke!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]      This is the thread where you can get: wild and crazy, dumb, stupid, off topic , clever, funny, complain, compliment, etc..  Just please, don't slander or get lude or nasty.   In the words sang by John Mellencamp Sr: "Let It All Hang Out".    

I, pretty much, do this as often as possible.

I am known as "the mad prophet of the Red Sox posting board" , just like Harry Beale was the "mad prophet of the airwaves" in 'Network' , possibly the greatest movie ever made.

Except for the "dumb and stupid" , I am never either ,as I am actually Dos Aquis (incognito), the world's most interesting man.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When it comes to the ukelele, my money is on Steve Martin.

And any thread that reminds me of Rowan and Matin's "Laugh-In" is okay with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim : I, pretty much, do this as often as possible. I am known as "the mad prophet of the Red Sox posting board" , just like Harry Beale was the "mad prophet of the airwaves" in 'Network' , possibly the greatest movie ever made. Except for the "dumb and stupid" , I am never either ,as I am actually Dos Aquis (incognito), the world's most interesting man. Stay thirsty, my friends.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]       ZILLAGOD, the same time you were doing your hang out the window and yell/ political satire post, I was concocting my get wild, dumb and stupid but be polite post.  You beat me to the actual post by 15 min. because I never looked up to see if someone new had posted and I was taking my time.  In no way was I referring to you or anybody else.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I am going to edit it out of the original, now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim :        ZILLAGOD, the same time you were doing your hang out the window and yell/ political satire post, I was concocting my get wild, dumb and stupid but be polite post.  You beat me to the actual post by 15 min. because I never looked up to see if someone new had posted and I was taking my time.  In no way was I referring to you or anybody else.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I am going to edit it out of the original, now.

I never took it as anything else, cav.

Unlike jesseyeric , Lloyd, devildad and a few of the others who know me from RED SOX/Front Burner, you don't understand that most of what I post here is purely for entertainment value.

If my response sounded as if I was angry or something then you took it the wrong way.

Like the Spanish Inquistion of the Monty Python Flying Circus, my chief weaponry is fear, surprise,humor, satire and parody.

I claim to be the smartest poster on these boards and that I am never wrong, and I do it with tongue firmly in cheek.

The large reptile you see is like the "great and powerful Oz" it is an impressive and fearsome looking creature that hides a good-hearted, fun-loving soul who comes here for a few laughs and some intelligent interaction during breaks in my work routine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim : Like the Spanish Inquistion of the Monty Python Flying Circus, my chief weaponry is fear, surprise,humor, satire and parody.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

For the sake of accuracy, the chief weapons were fear, suprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope.

It was the Pirahna Brothers who used a combination of violence and sarcasm to rule the London underworld . . .

. . .  until, of course, they were slit up, a treat, by the resourceful and indefatiguable Inspector Harry "Snapper" Organs, of Q Division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

One of the most underrated Do Wopp groups from the 50's-60's, that I like, is Nino And The Ebb Tides, from the Bronx, NY.  Very talented vocalists.  Great version of "Wonderful Tonight".  Lots of good harmony. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artist Of The Century - Tiny Tim : For the sake of accuracy, the chief weapons were fear, suprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope. It was the Pirahna Brothers who used a combination of violence and sarcasm to rule the London underworld . . .  . . .  until, of course, they were slit up, a treat, by the resourceful and indefatiguable Inspector Harry "Snapper" Organs, of Q Division.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Well thanks p-mike, I knew you would catch on to my revised version.

I am not Catholic or religious in any way, so the 'fanatical devotion to the Pope' is RIGHT OUT!

I didn't want to bring the Pirahna brothers into this as I am afraid of Dinsdale "nailing me 'ead to the floor" or that Harry 'Snapper" Organs would persue me dressed as Sancho Panza.

The only other thing I would like to point out about Monty Python at this time is that I do in fact have two sheds unlike 'Two-Sheds' Jackson who was only thinking about building the second shed.

Sections
Shortcuts