At 68, Rod's personal population explosion (is it over yet?) :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

At 68, Rod's personal population explosion (is it over yet?) :)

Rod Stewart is celebrating his 68th birthday today, January 10th, and his credits in rock music seem to match his credits in fatherhood.    

He has 8 children, with 5 different women (some were wives); his first child was born when he was a child himself, at 17.   The child was put up for adoption; the two reunited a couple of years ago.  

Rod waited another 17 years before siring another kid.   His youngest child was born in 2011, if you can handle that, and is the same age as Rod's grandchild. 

All of his relationships, including his 3 marriages, have been with models.   Yes, he has a very photogenic group of kids there.   

Happy Birthday, Rod.   The kids can help you blow out the candles on your birthday cake.  Forever Young.   :)  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: At 68, Rod's personal population explosion (is it over yet?) :)

Ugh.  There oughta be a law against having a child when you're that old.

Rod Stewart is one of the biggest turkeys in the history of rock music IMHO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ugh.  There oughta be a law against having a child when you're that old. Rod Stewart is one of the biggest turkeys in the history of rock music IMHO. 

I was shocked to see the age of his current mate, too.  Needless to day, she's quite a few years younger than he is.    :)

Can't stand him.   My eyes were opened, however, when I took a look at some of those old Faces videos, as JE has spoken of Stewart's days back then as his best.   As for now, I (personally) don't understand how he sells out tickets to his shows, but he does.    Never ceases to amaze. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

On the other hand...

...would you say "no?"

I mean if I was rich. If I was a sex symbol. If I was a rock legend.

That's a lot of "ifs" , I know.

But as a rather boring, working class 54 year old idiot, I don't have to worry about such things as paternity suits and new relationships with young chicks.

But, while I don't think about these problems much, I wonder if I was a filthy rich rock icon and at 60 something years old , a 20 something year old gorgeous beauty was throwing herself at me with lustful desire....would I , could I say "no?"

Well, I doubt it, but I'll never know, anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I just think it's wrong to keep procreating when you're that old.  If he lives to 80 his latest child will be 13-14 then.

Get a vasectomy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Every (family) Picture tells a story

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Funny how is biggest hit...undoubtedly, is Maggie Mae.

A song about a young male doing an older woman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

26 or 68 I say have at it! I would think there are a lot of fans close to his age too, so why stop as long as he can bring in a paying crowd?

What do all the musicians have in common in the list below???

Bob Dylan

Jerry Lee Lewis

Tony Bennett

George Clinton

Loretta Lynn

B.B. King

Joni Mitchell

Lou Reed

Tina Turner

Willie Nelson

Neil Diamond

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Leonard Cohen

Paul McCartney

.........they are all OVER ..................65!

"Age is - just - a number!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Rod's accountant must be kept busy writing all those alimony and support cheques.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rod having 8 kids isn't too bad considering Antonio Cromartie (Jets Football player).He's fathered 10 kids with 8 different women in 6 different states.As an addded bonus,his wife is pregnant with twins,that'll put it at an even dozen total.

But he's only 28 so I'm thinking he'll be pollinating some more

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rod having 8 kids isn't too bad considering Antonio Cromartie (Jets Football player).He's fathered 10 kids with 8 different women in 6 different states.As an addded bonus,his wife is pregnant with twins,that'll put it at an even dozen total.

[/QUOTE]

The words 'court-ordered sterilization' come to mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:
    [QUOTE] 26 or 68 I say have at it! I would think there are a lot of fans close to his age too, so why stop as long as he can bring in a paying crowd? What do all the musicians have in common in the list below???
    Bob Dylan

Jerry Lee Lewis

Tony Bennett

George Clinton

Loretta Lynn

B.B. King

Joni Mitchell

Lou Reed

Tina Turner

Willie Nelson

Neil Diamond

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Leonard Cohen

Paul McCartney

"Age is - just - a number!" [/QUOTE]

Rog, this isn't the "when should they get off the stage" issue (we've settled that); this is the "when should they stop siring children" issue ... you see, just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should."     Since Rod seems to have a thing for younger women who want kids, there's no telling  ... 

As for athletes.   Age 28 ... are you serious?  Cromartie needs help, real quick.  Yeesh.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How long is an NFL career these days? ...and how long is a season, including exhibition, camp, mini-camp ? When Cromartie calls it a career , I'm thinking 10-12 years , will he have made enough money to support this group , or will we see him having dozens more ( considering all the spare time he'll have)....look for Cromartie in the news ( he'll probably be in some sort of trouble...how does a guy like this avoid it?).

Unlike a Rock Star, he can't go out on tour or record a new album. Once his football days are over...what do see him doing?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:
    [QUOTE] 26 or 68 I say have at it! I would think there are a lot of fans close to his age too, so why stop as long as he can bring in a paying crowd? What do all the musicians have in common in the list below???
    Bob Dylan

Jerry Lee Lewis

Tony Bennett

George Clinton

Loretta Lynn

B.B. King

Joni Mitchell

Lou Reed

Tina Turner

Willie Nelson

Neil Diamond

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Leonard Cohen

Paul McCartney

"Age is - just - a number!" [/QUOTE]

Rog, this isn't the "when should they get off the stage" issue (we've settled that); this is the "when should they stop siring children" issue ... you see, just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should."     Since Rod seems to have a thing for younger women who want kids, there's no telling  ... 

As for athletes.   Age 28 ... are you serious?  Cromartie needs help, real quick.  Yeesh.   

[/QUOTE]

My bad ;( - I say if you can afford 'em - do it - BUT you have to be the full time Dad too not just a "donor".