Attention J. Geils fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Attention J. Geils fans

I mentioned this in another thread,  J. Geils will be performing at Scullers jazz club on 2/3 in case anyone is interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

MUST SEE!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I would suggest "Showtime"....you will be floored by how tight they are as a live band - great album IMHO.

Peter Wolf is a great front man, full of energy, great voice and he moves to get the audience on their feet!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

BYFO was the first album I ever bought...a must-own, IMO...

...but Showtime and Full House are great, too.

I have most of their studio albums but mostly stick to the live stuff now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

Sanctuary is supposed to be one of their best.  I keep meaning to get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bashbash. Show bashbash's posts

1. I didn't see them back in the day, but there two shows at the Pavillion this summer were great!! Lots of energy, I was on my feet dancing the whole time(as well as I could, since it felt like I was a sardine in a tin).

2. Full House and Blow Your Face Out are the only two complete albums I have altho I picked up lots of singles on iTunes. Some songs I would recommend (some are more famous, some less so) that aren't on the two live albums I mentioned would include: Stoop Down, Surrender, Floyds' Hotel, Love Stinks (not sure I need to mention that one). You really can't go too far wrong with J Geils though. I did find a few singles on BYFO were not too my liking, particularly the country one. And for some reason I am not a huge fan of Must Have Got Lost, with or without the long intro.

I believe the Scullers gig features J.Geils himself on guitar, i'm not sure the rest of the band will be there. Maybe I'm wrong tho

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I love the album 'Sanctuary.'

But I own the entire catalogue and would not be without any of the Lps. Although I will admit the song 'Angel is the Centerfold' while one of the most played  is also one of their worst attempts.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Attention J. Geils fans:
    [QUOTE]And it is one of the most mis-sung lyrics of all time.  "My Angel is a Centerfold" is "I aint ch-your little Centerfold" Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

are you sure about that?  the chorus basically summarizes what he says in the verse, and it's pretty straight-forward...

The years go by and I'm looking through some girlie magazine/
    And there's my hometown angel on the pages in between/

and then...

My blood runs cold/
    My memory has just been sold/
    My angel is the centerfold/

don't see why he would say he wasn't the centerfold when he's talking about seeing his old flame in a magazine? or am i completely confused here...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about kicking oneself in the rear. Now if I had followed the advice here several months earlier, I would have noticed this in time: http://www.bostonmusicspotlight.com/news-the-j-geils-band-announces-summer-tour-boston-concert-bank-of-america-pavilion-august-2011/ Will just have to keep eyes open for next year... 
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to a few Peter Wolf shows coming up if you don't mind a little traveling.He puts on a GREAT show even though it's not with the members of J.Geils.There's also some very cool stuff if you look around the website,as well as a good place to get updates on upcoming shows :

http://funkyjudge.net/geils/category/peter-wolf/2012-tour-dates/

Here's a link to a couple of videos from the website including a rarely seen J. Geils performance of "Floyd's Hotel".I think you'll like it.:

http://funkyjudge.net/geils/videos/j-geils-band/tv-shows/1973-the-old-grey-whistle-test-bbc-tv/

If you have 68 minutes to spare,here's a link to a bootleg concert video called "Rockpalast".Very cool indeed!

http://funkyjudge.net/geils/videos/bootlegs/1979-%e2%80%93-rockpalast/

Set List
    01 – Jus’ Can’t Stop Me
    02 – I Could Hurt You
    03 – Sanctuary
    04 – One Last Kiss
    05 – Teresa
    06 – Nightmares
    07 – Wild Man
    08 – Looking For A Love
    09 – Give It To Me
    10 – Whammer Jammer
    11 – (Ain’t Nothing But A) Houseparty
    12 – Where Did Our Love Go
    13 – Give It To Me
    14 – Pack Fair and Square
    15 – First I Look at the Purse

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM0N. Show JM0N's posts

The J. Giels Band stink.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]The J. Giels Band stink.
    Posted by JM0N[/QUOTE]

No the J. Geils band doesn't stink.You know what REALLY stinks?
    Love stinks,yeah yeah,(Love stinks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LAs7X5ybE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]The J. Giels Band stink.
    Posted by JM0N[/QUOTE]
    They had some good songs.  I saw them live about two or three times.  They put on a good performance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM0N. Show JM0N's posts

I will reaasert my point that the J. Giles Band emit a very unpleasant odor. They are inauthentic and offer nothing new to their fascimile predicated sound.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I can't believe none of you has mentioned "The Morning After" album.  My favorite. 

My very favorite concert of all time was when they had a mini-reunion about 10 years ago and played Great Woods.  They played things I hadn't heard since high school and sounded wicked good!  I still love them.  Just rock and rollers having fun. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]I will reaasert my point that the J. Giles Band emit a very unpleasant odor. They are inauthentic and offer nothing new to their fascimile predicated sound.
    Posted by JM0N[/QUOTE]

who spells fascimile right and reassert wrong?  i thought trolls were for the sports forums...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention J. Geils fans : For thse who never got laid in the 80's
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

haha! this is awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention J. Geils fans : who spells fascimile right and reassert wrong?  i thought trolls were for the sports forums...
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

Not to worry ... didn't spell facsimile right either.  Or Geils for that matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention J. Geils fans : Not to worry ... didn't spell facsimile right either.  Or Geils for that matter.
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]
     Come on,give him some credit where it's due,he did spell J right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

They are inauthentic and offer nothing new to their fascimile predicated sound.

What's predicated sound? 

I've been offline ... Guess I haven't missed too much around here ... oh, and I think the Sox forum posters can take care of a troll very well, thank you.  
    Cheers, all.  :)

25. This post has been removed.