Bands you got sick off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Bands you got sick off

Ok another poster had the who do you like better Led Zeppelin or AC/DC.

I and another poster said the same thing at some point we just kind of got sick of the mighty led zeppelin, not that we didnt like them just that they got played to death.

Now this didnt happen to AC/DC in my mind for some reason.

So the question is name bands that you liked but just got sick of hearing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Bands you got sick off

i don't think i've ingested enough of any band to get sick off them.

i don't think...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

U2-loved them until Joshua Tree came out, then got tired of them (and Bono) real fast

Green Day - after the 2nd time I heard them

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'll agree on U2 as well.I never liked them at all except for the song "Angel of Harlem".
      Listening to Phil Collins got real old,real fast too.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Solidarity with U2 from me, too.  :D
    I never really liked them or was a big fan in the first place.  Fine line, perhaps.  "Beautiful Day" is one of the only songs I ever truly liked -- "Angel of Harlem" is a good one, too.  True.  

Gin Blossoms.  Good bye.  Forever.  :D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Have you ever seen these two in the same room at the same time?

Bono of U2

Fee Waybill of the Tubes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I actually didn't care for U2 at first, then loved them for awhile and went back to hating them.

I still like the 'Achtung Baby' and the 'Rattle and Hum' albums alot though.

I did get 'sick off' Sonny and Cher years back ( and I got sick when I actually tried to eat a Jefferson Airplane album....no, just kidding of course!), but I've never gotten 'sick of' any band I really liked.

Just having a little fun with your typo...hope you don't mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Certain Led Zep songs are way overplayed, but they are a select few; certain other tracks are nearly timeless.  Thus, I could hear Zep's "Tangerine" 20 days in a row easily but not "Stairway".

The most unfortunate thing is when a single song is so overplayed, it drowns out the other work.  Example: recent phenom Adele has some brilliant music only narrowly represented by the 'hits' on the radio which have been played ad nauseum.

That said, these are some 'rock' bands that make me reach for the ice picks:

Matchbox 20
    Train
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Vertical Horizon
    Creed
    Tonic
    Daughtry
    Nickelback
    Gin Blossoms
    Alter Bridge
    Lifehouse
    Shinedown
    Shawn Mullins
    Toad The Wet Sprocket
    Hootie & The Blowfish
    Dishwalla
    Jars Of Clay
    Melissa Etheridge
    Staind
    Limp Bizkit

(etc., etc., ...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

P.S.  And a special place in he!! is reserved for Marc Cohn and 'Walking In Memphis"...

probably in its waiting room or elevators....  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

great list Matty.. not a band or an artist on thre I like in the least bit. never have on any of them..So I guess I was sick of them after the first note.

I used to be a fan of the Talking Heads too. Kind of turned on them... Not sure why . maybe because David Byrne seems so pompous..

Also forgot the Dropkick Murphys. Used to be a big fan.. Seen them many times years ago.. They whole Tessie thing made me sick.. Now to me it seems every song is about being from Boston (i know they are not all about that) but I have tired of their act

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I guess I'll go ahead and pile on U2, with the qualification that it's more the residue of Bono becoming the biggest deusche in the universe than anything particular about their music.

Ditto Bruce Springsteen, although there is plenty of Springsteen's music I can still listen to, I am not the least bit interested in anything he has to say.

As for bands that actually turned away from doing music I liked:

Aerosmith comes to mind, and I can remember (vaguely) a time when I actually liked REO Speedwagon . . .  although that may have simply been a pre-teen affliction.

Who among us didn't get tired of Garth Brooks?

Well . . .  I suppose you would have had to have liked him first, wouldn't you?

That kind of destroys the whole Genesis argument for me, because, much like Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green, Genesis wasn't the same band without Peter Gabriel . . .  it was Phil Collins, and I was pretty much sick of him the minute he took over.

Oh wow . . .  Ramones Main Man just came on my ipod.

Next we should have a thread about bands you'll never get sick of no matter how long you live.

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

U2 probably heads my list. Sadly, REM is on that list as well. And finally I have to add Aerosmith with a caveat. I can still listen to their first 5 albums with a gigantic smile on my face. After that - kill me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

p-mike,
    No U2 bashing would be complete without you.  Also, about the new avatar (just noticed it) ... nice job.  :D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

For a time I got really sick of Peter Frampton when he came out with "Frampton Comes Alive".It was so overplayed that it became offensive after a while.Now,I can sit back and enjoy his albums again especially when he was with Humble Pie. 
       Meatloaf falls into that category for me too.Overplayed when his albums first came out,but now I can listen to him again in small doses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I never really got sick of any music I liked.

However, there are times when I can look at my entire CD collection and not find one thing I want to listen to at that particular time. There are times I'd rather hear a cheesy pop song than listen to the best, greatest of all time, most innovative, creative, "real" rock music.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Bands you got sick off:
    [QUOTE]p-mike, No U2 bashing would be complete without you.  Also, about the new avatar (just noticed it) ... nice job.   :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Well . . .   as Peter Brady reminds us, when it's time to change, you've got to rearrange . . .

Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

R.E.M.

blechhh

The Doors

blechhhhhh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

For me it's just about anything that's falls into the category of "classic rock." I don't mind hearing it in a commercial or in a movie but I won't listen to it on purpose. There's just too much good stuff out there to waste time listening to the old stuff over and over and over again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Bands you got sick off:
    [QUOTE]For me it's just about anything that's falls into the category of "classic rock." I don't mind hearing it in a commercial or in a movie but I won't listen to it on purpose. There's just too much good stuff out there to waste time listening to the old stuff over and over and over again.
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

I like "old stuff."

I think I am becoming like that character played by Steve McQueen in a movie I saw years ago. I think it was his last movie , 'The Hunter.'

Of course, not liking 'old stuff' as you get older, means not liking yourself. and although I do not have a huge ego, I am satisfied with who and where  I am at 53 years old....life could be better, but it could be a whole lot worse. Listening to the songs of my past. watchin the shows and movies of the past all give me a connection to times, people and places that are lost forever, except in my mind and memory. 

I am happy when listening to the sounds of my past years, there is a wonderful comfort in that, like looking at a picture album and seeing family and friends who have died many years ago or who people you will probably never see again. At least , these musical passages are "friends" I can cue up at any time and relive good times , over and over again.

This is why I love "old stuff." I hope I always have it and never have to sacrifice it.

When songs like "Hard Days Night" by the Beatles plays on the radio or when I play it at home, I am 6 years old again riding in the backseat of dad's car with the warm summer breeze blowing through the open window as we travel the old Rte 6 to Seekonk Speedway to watch races on Saturday night. Those were some of the best days of my life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I've never gotten sick of a band. What sometimes happens is that I'll really get into a band and will just listen to their albums for sometimes a few weeks -- mixed in with a little of others.

Then I'll get the urge to listen to something else and move on. Sometimes I go for a long time without hearing a band because they're not played on the radio anymore and I'll be playing other stuff. So then when I finally play that band, it seems fresh.

Last summer, I remember, ELO and Moody Blues fell into that category. I hadn't listened or heard hardly any of their stuff -- especially Moody Blues -- for a long time. Then I started playing their stuff and that's all I played for awhile.

More recently, Jim Steinman's stuff has fallen into that category. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Meat Loaf and some of Bonnie Tyler's stuff that she did with Steinman.

I'm about ready to  move on to something else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM0N. Show JM0N's posts

U2 wins the award hands down! However, I would argue they were solid through Pop. After that, they did a B line for mediocrity, overkill and annoyance. I saw them in concert (2001) and was instantly bored with their penchance for theatrics and predictability.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

coldplay. blech.

first album was amazing, second had its moments, everything else blows.

Sections
Shortcuts