BDC forums -- ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

BDC forums -- ?

I don't know about anyone else, but the forums below the news have all been blanked out for me since yesterday afternoon.    

All of the sports fans have been denied posting in their favorite forums.   

What gives?   

PS  I didn't watch the entire All-Star game last night, but I did tune in and watched for a while and lucked out to see the standing ovation for Mariano Rivera, and it was spectacular.   I was glad I got to see it live.   Incredible moment.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: BDC forums -- ?

Just part of the ongoing glitches with the forums.  You can still access the sports forums by another route, or if you have it bookmarked.

I think I know exactly what's going on.  As you may have noticed, the forums are being crammed with more and more advertising and I think all the ads are jamming things up.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Oh, okay; makes sense.   Thanks.  

The ads are responsible, certainly, because on the main page (again, below the news forums), the ads are visible, piled up one after another, in fact.   Laughing

I don't tend to bookmark individual forums, but now that you mention it, I'll do that now.  I've never had any problems, especially some of the bizarre issues that other posters have described (knock wood); something's off right now, but good to know you have a go-around.   

"I really didn't say everything I said."  Yogi Berra 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Other than some of the ridiculous things I read on these forums,  can't say I am having any issues recently. Sadly, the Red Sox forum has become even worse than ever. Very little real good discussion there....and even the entertainment value is waning. The music forum is becoming very sparse and many of our regulars seem to have gone away. Which is too bad, because I value the opinons of a few that haven't been around lately. I don't always agree with them, but I value the opinons just the same.

Political forums are somewhat of interest because those forums tend attract more intelligent posters than the sports forums. They are not always right , but I give them credit for at least knowing a little bit about the subject they post about. Red Sox forums often are just knee jerk reactions to something that is not going well.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The forums have been very glitchy lately. I'm kind of in the doldrums about what to post as well. I'll have to come up with another one of my "controversial" threads to get things going. ;)

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Issues continue to plague the forums.   Funny, but they seem to have made the "talk to BDC" forum invisible, too.   Laughing    Not that logging an issue there ever did any good.  

I'll try to post a new thread or two.  I've had computer issues to add to the mix -- and to make life even lovlier, I sprained / severely stubbed my left baby toe (yes, here it comes) on my yoga mat a few days ago.  I was trying a new (very, very difficult) maneuver -- and my foot wasn't high enough off the mat -- you would not believe how hard I tried not to give the appearance that I had hurt myself -- my toe was *killing* me -- I grazed it, man that does not tickle -- and I just kept going, as though nothing had happened, although I did try to rub the toe a bit here and there to make sure I hadn't broken it ... ugh.    45 minutes later, things were not so good with the toe -- hahaha.   I could barely get my sandal on, and by the time I got home, it was turning black and blue (and purple).  

The toe kept me from going to Outside the Box on Saturday, too.   So I wasn't too happy with myself.  :(    

I did yoga on 1 leg yesterday (3-legged dogs, chaturanga on one leg (yoga pushups), etc/ ; the toe is a world better.  I don't believe in 'indulging pain' -- I'm more of a "get back on the horse" type.   The toe slowed me down, but it didn't get me down.  :)   

"I really didn't say everything I said."  Yogi Berra 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am noticing these problems more and more lately.

The BDC problems , not the problems with the toes.

It is becoming more difficult to add to my over 10,500 posts, which I used to be able to build up much more quickly ( as I have an opinion on just about everything...usually not the popular one , but that's what makes it lots of fun....being right and being in the minority is so rewarding!)

Now because I have to log out and back in again, wait an eternity for my posts to transfer or download ( or whatever the proper computerise term is), click on links that don't want to work , etc. I feel I may never make ot to 11,000 until the next millenium.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I am noticing these problems more and more lately.

The BDC problems , not the problems with the toes.

It is becoming more difficult to add to my over 10,500 posts, which I used to be able to build up much more quickly ( as I have an opinion on just about everything...usually not the popular one , but that's what makes it lots of fun....being right and being in the minority is so rewarding!)

Now because I have to log out and back in again, wait an eternity for my posts to transfer or download ( or whatever the proper computerise term is), click on links that don't want to work , etc. I feel I may never make ot to 11,000 until the next millenium.

The toe is improving.   

Interesting theory re: loading a comment due to number of overall posts.   This may be why being banned is an advantage.  :P

I've walked away many days.   Not much else one can do.    

The "original" forum format was fine, there was never a problem or an issue, from what i recall.   Then they "upgraded" and we lost some of the functionality, while at the same time, the serious issues were rare.   Life went on.   It wasn't until the last (let's call it ...) "transition" that the proverbial "fan" got hit.   :)

However, today, FWIW, the full set of forums is visible once again.    Maybe that's a good sign ... maybe.  

Sections
Shortcuts