BDC music forum part of government shutdown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

BDC music forum part of government shutdown?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: BDC music forum part of government shutdown?

Nevermind.

I see this site is having issues again.

I don't know if you can see my O.P. , but I can't.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I don't know if you can see my O.P. , but I can't.

Nope; just the tread title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I didn't have trouble with the site today.   My schedule has been a bit off its usual route this week, and I wasn't available.   

And no, I can't see your OP either, Zilla.   :(

I hope you didn't put too much effort into it.   There was a time when I wrote my posts offline, and then copied and pasted them into the comments box; yes, I learned the hard way, this place is not trustworthy.   

I do have one good friend who is on furlough from her government job.   She's very disgusted at this point.   The first few days were a lark, but now I think she is getting anxious.   She's a hard worker, and very conscientious, and to boot, she already had "issues" aside from, and well before the shutdown.   It's so political where she works, she has all she can do to focus on her work.   

"Just as kindness knows no shame, know through all your joy and pain, that I'll be loving you always."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Today, not so sure.    Surprised no one has come up with a conspiracy theory re: the BDC forums.    

The comments in the paid Globe site are non-existent today as well.   I have a digital subscription, and there are news stories that would normally be flooded with comments by now. 

I got a little surprise from an artist that I know who made me something for a gift (free of charge) and I am so touched by her kindness, nothing can ruin my day.   She is a gifted person on so many levels.   

BTW, some of you may have seen that Paul McCartney did a "flash" concert in Times Square yesterday: 4 tracks from his "New" album.   McCartney performed a track in tribute of John Lennon's birthday, too.  The story said that an hour or two later, no one would ever have known he had been there.    Business and bustling back to the routine.    He also visited a school of the arts in Queens this week, and from what I read, the kids were in extreme overload with excitement over his visit.   

"New" makes its debut in the UK October 14, and in the US, October 15th.   

Now let's see if this post goes through  ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My post was a literary masterpiece.

It's too bad it got lost in cyberspace.

It went something like this:

"no one is posting on the music forum today, possible reasons why:

A. They've all found our where greg is hiding it's nice there.

B. We have exhausted all possible topics related to music.

C. The government shutdown is more far-reaching than we thought.

D. All music forum posters are fans of the St. Louis Cardinals and are out celebrating their victory over the Pirates ( except me).

E. We don't really exist, but we are fictional characters living in a fictional world.... I am the only one who doesn't accept that he is completely fictional.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today, not so sure.    Surprised no one has come up with a conspiracy theory re: the BDC forums.    

The comments in the paid Globe site are non-existent today as well.   I have a digital subscription, and there are news stories that would normally be flooded with comments by now. 

I got a little surprise from an artist that I know who made me something for a gift (free of charge) and I am so touched by her kindness, nothing can ruin my day.   She is a gifted person on so many levels.   

BTW, some of you may have seen that Paul McCartney did a "flash" concert in Times Square yesterday: 4 tracks from his "New" album.   McCartney performed a track in tribute of John Lennon's birthday, too.  The story said that an hour or two later, no one would ever have known he had been there.    Business and bustling back to the routine.    He also visited a school of the arts in Queens this week, and from what I read, the kids were in extreme overload with excitement over his visit.   

"New" makes its debut in the UK October 14, and in the US, October 15th.   

Now let's see if this post goes through  ...

[/QUOTE]

Tune in Monday, October 14 at 6pm PT/9pm ET to see Paul McCartney's Frank Sinatra School of the Arts concert stream EXCLUSIVELY on Yahoo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My post was a literary masterpiece.

It's too bad it got lost in cyberspace.

It went something like this:

"no one is posting on the music forum today, possible reasons why:

A. They've all found our where greg is hiding it's nice there.

B. We have exhausted all possible topics related to music.

C. The government shutdown is more far-reaching than we thought.

D. All music forum posters are fans of the St. Louis Cardinals and are out celebrating their victory over the Pirates ( except me).

E. We don't really exist, but we are fictional characters living in a fictional world.... I am the only one who doesn't accept that he is completely fictional.

[/QUOTE]

Well, from the sample provided, it does look like one of your masterpieces.    Sorry it went POOF.  

As for B:  We have not exhausted all possible music topics.   If anything, we're still going strong, almost inexhaustible, and still find topics of interest.   We have also turned to the arts in general here, b/c we seem to like discussing all of those artsy topics together.    

If anything, we've raised the bar mighty high here, and don't fall back on banal, ordinary topics.   Do you think we should lower the bar to increase discussions?  Should we ask the BDC editor guy to make some threads for us?  (Britney Spears has a new album, afterall ...)    hahaha!  Just kiddin.  

As for D:  I was near Fenway today, and the city is alive.   Tomorrow it will be crazy.  Best of luck to the hometown team.  

As for E:  I am a legend in my own mind.  :)    Otherwise, even if everyone here is fictional, and we are living in a ficticious world, where else would you find as many music fans who are as nice, intelligent and fun-loving?   Inhabit any world you like.   And BTW,  I don't understand how a cruise ship that weighs tons and tons,  floats on water, or how a man can pitch a baseball at over 100 mph (and countless other mysteries) so wondering what's behind the computer screen is just one of many head scratchers.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tune in Monday, October 14 at 6pm PT/9pm ET to see Paul McCartney's Frank Sinatra School of the Arts concert stream EXCLUSIVELY on Yahoo!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks.    Not sure how successful I'll be streaming from Yahoo, but I'm willing to give it a try.    I'll put it into my Outlook calendar so I won't forget.   9:00 pm.     THANK YOU!!

Can you imagine ... kid gets home from school and tells parent:  "Paul McCartney popped up at school today, gave a concert, and talked to us afterwards."   Parent goes ballistic, interrogates kid, and then faints.   

Sections
Shortcuts