BDC Music Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

BDC Music Forum

Hey Gang - several months ago my good buddy lizard breath himself, ZILLAGOD mentioned the music forum while we were in heated discussion over the greatness of the NY Yankees and their everloving bridesmaids, Sawx Tongue out.

Since that time, our little community has been growing every week by one or two. And I want to say that I am having a great time chatting with you all about a subject which I am most passionate about. I have been reintroduced to some music that I forgot and introduced to some music I never gave a chance. So I thank you all. And remember, start as many threads as you can. No subject is untouchable in the world of music and Rock and Roll.

Hey Zilla - maybe we should invite Law, JoseT, SPC88 and a few others to join us here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: BDC Music Forum

Bump - what no love for our community?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sorry about that jessey...

What I would say is that love is expressed in different ways.  I think people like myself are expressing some sincere affection for this revitalized music forum and its members by visiting on a fairly regular basis to read and to contribute.  I'm actually hoping to contribute some longer pieces here in the near future, including ones I've been thinking about for weeks.  Unfortunately my inherent procrastinative tendencies and obsessive-compulsive desire for each word to be just right are working against me.  But I am coming into some free time and that will be a big help. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bump - Again - no love for our forum and community?

That's it, I am sending an invite out to Law.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I FEEL THE LOVE!!! 

Reading the music forum is a lot of fun and everyone gets along!  What's not to love?

jesseyeric, you're doing a great job around here!   Did you used to live in Boston??  Some of my favorite posters are from NYC!   

Thank you!  Cool   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum:
    I FEEL THE LOVE!!!  Reading the music forum is a lot of fun and everyone gets along!  What's not to love? jesseyeric, you're doing a great job around here!   Did you used to live in Boston??  Some of my favorite posters are from NYC!    Thank you!     
    Posted by yogafriend

Well said. It's pretty much the only board I read regularly and contribute to. Some of the other boards, especially the politically based ones raise the blood pressure of a lot of people. At least that's how it comes across. I like that this group has lots of folks who really appreciate the diversity that popular music embodies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Bump - what no love for our community?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Jessey-.Zilla, you have done a great job propping up the music forums. I love being able to talk music with other posters, and folks who just love music, with out all of bs that is found in some of the other forums, Thanks for doing this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I FEEL THE LOVE!!!  Reading the music forum is a lot of fun and everyone gets along!  What's not to love? jesseyeric, you're doing a great job around here!   Did you used to live in Boston??  Some of my favorite posters are from NYC!    Thank you!     
    Posted by yogafriend

Thnx. Zilla deserves all the credit.

Was born and raised in The Bronx and have lived in different parts of NYC all my life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I feel I am getting too much praise here.

I would like to give a nod also to pmike, who has been a very regular conributing poster on this board and has a very keen sense of what is good in music as do all of the rest of you.

I am trying very hard to gain the same respect on the Red Sox forums, although I feel I have made more enemies than friends lately. You see the problem is I am honest in my opinions and I refuse to be a "yes man' even to my favorite sports teams. In Red Sox land you are expected to believe everything that organization does is for the fans and it's all about winning. Reality is it's all about making money , huge green piles of it and every last cent they can wring out of the paying patrons.

You may have noticed , I mainly am very serious in music discussions but when it comes to sports I have a hard time staying completely serious as some of the "fans" are so ridiculous in ther extremes ( 3 game win streak...we're going to win it all!!!, 3 game losing streak ....trade the whole team!!!!...guy made and error last night , who can we get for him, Halladay?...and so on).

But enough about that, I think music occasionally brings about arguments, but mainly we all like some type of music it's just real interesting to hear these opinions.

But please, don't ever let me catch any of you saying Eric Clapton is over-rated again!!!

And anyone who wasn't alive in the 60's has no business commenting negatively on how relevant the Beatles were to everthing that happened after they arrived on the music scene.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We are few but mighty in our love for the best music of all time! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I feel I am getting too much praise here. I would like to give a nod also to pmike, who has been a very regular conributing poster on this board and has a very keen sense of what is good in music as do all of the rest of you. I am trying very hard to gain the same respect on the Red Sox forums, although I feel I have made more enemies than friends lately. You see the problem is I am honest in my opinions and I refuse to be a "yes man' even to my favorite sports teams. In Red Sox land you are expected to believe everything that organization does is for the fans and it's all about winning. Reality is it's all about making money , huge green piles of it and every last cent they can wring out of the paying patrons. You may have noticed , I mainly am very serious in music discussions but when it comes to sports I have a hard time staying completely serious as some of the "fans" are so ridiculous in ther extremes ( 3 game win streak...we're going to win it all!!!, 3 game losing streak ....trade the whole team!!!!...guy made and error last night , who can we get for him, Halladay?...and so on). But enough about that, I think music occasionally brings about arguments, but mainly we all like some type of music it's just real interesting to hear whese opinions. But please, don't ever let me catch any of you saying Eric Clapton is over-rated again!!!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

When he is standing next to Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick - there is no other phrase to use Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : When he is standing next to Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick - there is no other phrase to use
    Posted by jesseyeric

Your obsession with Cheap Trick is bordering on maniacal.

I could understand this if the group was Deep Purple or Rainbow as I am the #1 Ritchie Blackmore maniac in the uncivilized world.

But I guess it could be worse, you could be a Barry Manilow booster. At that point we would no longer have any reason to talk about music at all...or perhaps anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I feel I am getting too much praise here. I would like to give a nod also to pmike, who has been a very regular conributing poster on this board and has a very keen sense of what is good in music as do all of the rest of you. I am trying very hard to gain the same respect on the Red Sox forums, although I feel I have made more enemies than friends lately. You see the problem is I am honest in my opinions and I refuse to be a "yes man' even to my favorite sports teams. In Red Sox land you are expected to believe everything that organization does is for the fans and it's all about winning. Reality is it's all about making money , huge green piles of it and every last cent they can wring out of the paying patrons. You may have noticed , I mainly am very serious in music discussions but when it comes to sports I have a hard time staying completely serious as some of the "fans" are so ridiculous in ther extremes ( 3 game win streak...we're going to win it all!!!, 3 game losing streak ....trade the whole team!!!!...guy made and error last night , who can we get for him, Halladay?...and so on). But enough about that, I think music occasionally brings about arguments, but mainly we all like some type of music it's just real interesting to hear whese opinions. But please, don't ever let me catch any of you saying Eric Clapton is over-rated again!!!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

You are too humble. As for CT, I think I am losing you on this subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im3AUiCGqnk&feature=related

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : You are too humble. As for CT, I think I am losing you on this subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im3AUiCGqnk&feature=related
    Posted by jesseyeric

When did Tony Levin start playing bass for cheap trick? He's one of the best in the biz...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : When did Tony Levin start playing bass for cheap trick? He's one of the best in the biz...
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

I think they got together just for this video. Cheap Trick is still the four original members although they have a 2nd drummer Dax Nielson for the 2010 tour.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : I think they got together just for this video. Cheap Trick is still the four original members although they have a 2nd drummer Dax Nielson for the 2010 tour.
    Posted by jesseyeric

That clip changed my opinion of them...I never really listened to much of their stuff, but that was really good. FYI, if Tony and his band ever come your way, check them out, they are awesome live. Saw them at a small club near Albany around 2002, with Jerry Marrotta and Larry Fast (so this was basically Peter Gabriels band). IIRC they even did a zeppelin cover, blew the doors off the place. Thanks for posting that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : That clip changed my opinion of them...I never really listened to much of their stuff, but that was really good. FYI, if Tony and his band ever come your way, check them out, they are awesome live. Saw them at a small club near Albany around 2002, with Jerry Marrotta and Larry Fast (so this was basically Peter Gabriels band). IIRC they even did a zeppelin cover, blew the doors off the place. Thanks for posting that.
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

Now if Lizard breath would just give them a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : Now if Lizard breath would just give them a chance.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Well, I'll say this much...

..given the choice between listening to 2 Live Crew, Lady Gaga, the Villiage People, Cindi Lauper, Barry Manilow or Cheap Trick...I'll glady listen to Cheap Trick. But if the choices are Cream, the Scorpions,the Doors, the Smiths,Elvis Costello and Cheap Trick...you know the answer.

I heard enough of these guys back when the "live at Budokon" album dominated the FM rock stations back when it was released to know that I just don't like them. I am not saying it's absolute garbage or anything ( like 2 Live Crew), just that it is not my taste. Truly, I pirated the "Dream Police" LP off radio when it was released gave t a few listens and erased it after a time along with Aerosmith's "Night in Ruts" which was equally distasteful to me ( although I like all the earlier Aerosmith).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Zil and jess, I give you both a standing O. You guys breathed new life into this forum. You are the rock stars here.

It's great to have a place to share our thoughts on music. Your efforts have encourage myself and others to join in and we have a nice little group here. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. We may not have quantity, but the quality of posts here is top-notch. I'd like to contribute more but I always seem to be reading more than posting. I too often get writer's block when I'm thinking about posting something. Well, I hope my meager contributions add something to the mix.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Zil and jess, I give you both a standing O. You guys breathed new life into this forum. You are the rock stars here. It's great to have a place to share our thoughts on music. Your efforts have encourage myself and others to join in and we have a nice little group here. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. We may not have quantity, but the quality of posts here is top-notch. I'd like to contribute more but I always seem to be reading more than posting. I too often get writer's block when I'm thinking about posting something. Well, I hope my meager contributions add something to the mix.
    Posted by devildavid

We seem to have a very common interest ( for the most part). I would say many of us are around the same age, which is part of the reason we can relate to each other.

Also, lets thank Lloyd,Hfsoxnut, as mentioned earlier p-mike, and some of the new people ( sorry guys, I can't remember all the names) for their contributions.

I wish that people with other tastes outside Rock would post here. I feel like we are monopolizing the board with talking mainly of one style music. I don't really know what there is to say about classical or jazz, I do like some of it and I find alot of classical music very soothing, but since I don't always know the names of what I am listening to, it is hard to comment on it.

It's funny that rap and hip-hop are so popular but no one really wants to discuss the music ( although , I wouldn't get involved in that, anyway).

I am glad that jessey has so many good ideas, because I have almost run out of topics that haven't already been touched on.

Maybe we could start a thing where we post a group or artist name and give our opinions of that particular artist? Say example , I post a DAVID BOWIE thread title? Any thoughts?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : We seem to have a very common interest ( for the most part). I would say many of us are around the same age, which is part of the reason we can relate to each other. Also, lets thank Lloyd,Hfsoxnut, as mentioned earlier p-mike, and some of the new people ( sorry guys, I can't remember all the names) for their contributions. I wish that people with other tastes outside Rock would post here. I feel like we are monopolizing the board with talking mainly of one style music. I don't really know what there is to say about classical or jazz, I do like some of it and I find alot of classical music very soothing, but since I don't always know the names of what I am listening to, it is hard to comment on it. It's funny that rap and hip-hop are so popular but no one really wants to discuss the music ( although , I wouldn't get involved in that, anyway). I am glad that jessey has so many good ideas, because I have almost run out of topics that haven't already been touched on. Maybe we could start a thing where we post a group or artist name and give our opinions of that particular artist? Say example , I post a DAVID BOWIE thread title? Any thoughts?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

That's scary Zilla - I was thinking the same thing.
    Let's start with Cheap Trick Tongue out

This forum has been built up because of all of us and the joy we have in the music that we are passionate about.

I hear Lebron is starting a new band. (Miami Tweets)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Jesseyeric:  Cheap Trick is playing in Boston next week ... with Squeeze!   Just thought you'd get a kick outta that!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Jesseyeric:  Cheap Trick is playing in Boston next week ... with Squeeze!   Just thought you'd get a kick outta that!
    Posted by yogafriend

Nice  -

Hey Zil - I will meet you up in Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : Nice  - Hey Zil - I will meet you up in Boston.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I avoid Boston, I hate the big city....Cheap Trick will have to come to me. There are a number of old farms near me where a Woodstock type festival could occur....then I would consider it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm a newbee to this board.  I will admit that I am not as knowledgeable as most here when it comes to the roots/history of RnR but I have enjoyed reading all the threads on the front page today. 

My earliest memory of rock music was early 70's, I was a tweener in my older brothers Ford Gran Torino and jamming on the 8-track was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.  It truly was the execution of my mind.