BDC Music Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: BDC Music Forum

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum:
    I'm a newbee to this board.  I will admit that I am not as knowledgeable as most here when it comes to the roots/history of RnR but I have enjoyed reading all the threads on the front page today.  My earliest memory of rock music was early 70's, I was a tweener in my older brothers Ford Gran Torino and jamming on the 8-track was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.  It truly was the execution of my mind.
    Posted by Tcal2

Welcome Tcal2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : Welcome Tcal2
    Posted by jesseyeric

Thanks jessey.  Just wondering if you ever read my apology to you in that apology thread on the Sox board about a month or so ago?  If you didn't, I basically apologized for being an  a s s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : Thanks jessey.  Just wondering if you ever read my apology to you in that apology thread on the Sox board about a month or so ago?  If you didn't, I basically apologized for being an  a s s.
    Posted by Tcal2

Tcal2 - I did - thanks, but I don't remember what it was about. So no worries.

I take nothing too serious on the Sox forum, especially fan fights between Sawx fans and Yank fans. That is what makes the rivalry so much fun. I look forward to your music opinons and experiences.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

This just in.

The Music Forum is now the largest of the Arts and Entertainment board.

Nice job gang.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]This just in. The Music Forum is now the largest of the Arts and Entertainment board. Nice job gang.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

All my comments and yours (all of yours) , finally amount to something.

I'm so proud of us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Congrats to our pioneers, Zil and Jess. Great job!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Good job Zilla and Jessey for getting the Music Forum going. It sure wasn't BDC. Congrats to the rest of us also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just thinking:

How many posters on this board aren't from the Red Sox board? I seem to recall seeing just two or three perhaps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thank you - thank you. I would like to thank the academy and say that all these accolades are truly deserved.

Now I know how Bud Abbott felt playing straight man to Lou Costello. That is how I feel sometimes with lizard breath.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Not a frequent poster, but I did start posting here when it picked up!  (am not from the Red Sox forums; I used to post on some of the other boards, but gave up on them when they came to a stand still -- but I do post elsewhere on BDC). 

Even though I may only post in spurts, I am reading the music forum all the time now b/c it's ALIVE again, and I really enjoy the comments! 

Great job Jessey and Zilla.  (and yes, the two of you are hilarious when you get going!)Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]This just in. The Music Forum is now the largest of the Arts and Entertainment board. Nice job gang.

Cheers!!

Great job, everyone.  I'm in for the long haul - as an amateur musicologist (read: failed, frustrated musician, i.e. I have "stupid fingers".), I'm constantly reading, listening, updating and critiquing all the rock music I can get my ears around.  (For better or worse, I can still type.)

Many Thanks for building a great little clubhouse to hang out in and chat about my favorite subject.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There actually were people on this forum before Zilla started inviting his friends from the Red Sox loony bin just down the hall, but quality discussions were few and far between. The forum has really grown and improved (which do not necessarily always go hand in hand -- as the Red Sox forum clearly proves) and it's been a tremendous pleasure for me to be a part of it. 

Also, a hearty welcome to Tcal2, one of my partners in crime from the Pats forum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Like I have posted on several other threads, what I really have enjoyed is the conversation. So many of you have reminded me or introduced me to music that I had either lost touch with or never met. As Matty pointed out, being a wannabe Rock Star in the day peaked my interest in music to a whole other level. So to be able to have in-depth conversations with you all on different subject matter is really cool.

In the end, I want to thank John Lennon. I hadn't turned 6 yet when they first appeared on Ed Sullivan in February of 1964. My sisters convinced my parents to let me stay up late to see it. While my sisters were screaming in the background and my father was muttering something in Italian, I just sat in front of the little Black and White TV starring at the Beatles and in particular, Lennon (I think because he was the one standing off to the side on his own singing into his own mike).

The next day, my friends Joseph, Daniel and Ritchie were at my house and we were playing pots, pans and broomsticks while my sister played their records. And I got to be John. It really is one of my favorite childhood memories. And I got my first guitar the following Xmas.

I think my father kept muttering in Italian until the day he passed when it came to RnR. RIP Papa and don't worry, I don't hate Sinatra as much as I used to say I did. But I do still hate Opera (that was his way of punishing me as I got older.) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : Love is a two way street. And when one of the two "pillars" listed above will never, ever respond to anything that I post... Well, let's just say that I don't feel welcome here.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Not following antibody. Is it possible whoever one of the two pillars you mentioned never saw your comment or thread? Sometimes people just post once to a thread and don't return to see if it drew a response. I know that I usually respond if someone here is talking directly to me. And I think Zilla is pretty much the same way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Sorry I said anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you - thank you. I would like to thank the academy and say that all these accolades are truly deserved. Now I know how Bud Abbott felt playing straight man to Lou Costello. That is how I feel sometimes with lizard breath.

I always thought of us more as Rocky and Bullwinkle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BDC Music Forum : I always thought of us more as Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Considering I have played with a couple of Natasha's in my life, I can go with that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry I said anything.

Don't worry we like you.

If we didn't, you would know about it.

I have lots of fun with other Red Sox fans,too many of them take the game way too seriously. On this forum , we can give opinions without alot of bickering.

Somehow, religion, politics and sports discussions tend to bring out the worst in people. Music and the arts in general are thought provoking and can lead to much more productive discussion.

As I said before, there was this poster 'IvanDrago', who I tried to connect with in terms of him understanding that I was only voicing opinions and having a little fun. He never seemed to get it, most every time I posted something he didn't agree with , I was a "closet Yankee fan" or worse.

I actually responded to him on numerous occasions. If I have never responded to you before now, it may just be that I agreed with your point or that I didn't have an opinion on it one way or another.

I usually remember the outstanding posters ( either good or bad) , I know your username and have seen it many times. Since I don't recall you being really bad , you must be one of the good ones....not that I am a judge of these things or anything.

Keep up the good work. The more opinions, the better for all of us!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

ZILLAGOD,

I'm sorry for being so thin skinned. It's just that at times in the past, even when I have posted directly to you, I never received a response. Thought that I had p****d you off somehow and didn't know why. Happy to know that I am wrong. I sometimes have a tendency to feel slighted where no disrespect is intended. These things can happen when dealing with overly sensitive artistic types like myself. The fault lies with me and no one else. In the future I'll try to thicken my hide and not allow my perceptions to become confused with reality.
    Thank you for your kind words.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]ZILLAGOD,                  I'm sorry for being so thin skinned. It's just that at times in the past, even when I have posted directly to you, I never received a response. Thought that I had p****d you off somehow and didn't know why. Happy to know that I am wrong. I sometimes have a tendency to feel slighted where no disrespect is intended. These things can happen when dealing with overly sensitive artistic types like myself. The fault lies with me and no one else. In the future I'll try to thicken my hide and not allow my perceptions to become confused with reality. Thank you for your kind words.                                                               

Think nothing of it.

You know, I've been posting here since 2006 , even though the site has it listed as 2008 (I think)...they had a few format changes and somehow these numbers got messed up for a few of us.

When I first signed on here, social networking was new to me. This is still the only site I go to that is not work-related for this purpose. I have always been a huge fan of music, movies, T.V., and sports. This site allows me to discuss these with people who have the same interests as myself. The only boards I frequent are this one and the Red Sox. I used to be a regular on the Bruins forums , but gave it up as NHL hockey is not very high on my list these days, the league has allowed itself to become a very unentertaining alternative to watching paint dry or counting blades of grass, frankly , I fall asleep during almost every game.

There have been many real fun people with which to converse , raise hell and laugh with here. Unfortunately , my contributions to the Red Sox forums are often met with abuse and bad manners. Not that these are bad things in small doses, but some people never give up being pig-headed. My opinions are nothing more than my opinions, so many people get lathered up and hot under the collar when I give an unpopular opinion. Some of thse opinions are in jest, some are real....but either way, what's it matter ? Tell me your opinion and why you believe what you believe. Too many just deliver "hate mail" because they just don't agree. I never told anyone that my opinion should be adopted as there own, just that it is a point to consider , disagree if you like, just don't have to be nasty.

Bottom line is, I do this for fun while on breaks at work. I could go elsewhere to make enemies and abuse people, if that is what I was after. As long as it's entertaining, I'll likely come back, the minute I feel most people are clods out looking to abuse others, I'll be gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Well boys and girls - let me just say that having taken the tram up the side of the "Santis" - Swiss Alps, I must tell you all to try and make the trip once in your lifetime. It is breath taking. Now I know what Hendrix meant when he said "Excuse me while I kiss the sky". The other thing about Switzerland is that they have a lot of cows there - oofa!