Beatles - What's Your Opinion - would they have done it if not for Chapman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Beatles - What's Your Opinion - would they have done it if not for Chapman?

Check out this interview from 1975.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5A3UHqLWM&feature=related

What's your thoughts - would the Beatles have gotten together if Chapman hadn't shot Lennon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Beatles - What's Your Opinion - would they have done it if not for Chapman?

Amazing interview.   Can't answer your question, JE, but that's a very forward-thinking interview.  He seems at peace.  I like what he said about Ringo.  Sweet.   I wonder if there are any recorded interviews asking Paul the same question, then or now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great interview.I think had John not been murdered,the Beatles probably would have gotten together again to do another album.They were all still pretty young and some time away from each other could heal any old wounds they might have had.

Listening to the interview also led me to watch the whole "Rooftop" concert on youtube.I had forgotten what a GREAT song "One after 909" was.That's a song that should be on the radio more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWzs3YbtehI

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I just finished a biography of Paul called 'Fab'.  Excellent book.  It's hard on Paul in some ways but very appreciative of him too-it's balanced.

I think if John hadn't been killed they would have certainly reunited at the time they did the 'Anthology' project.  They had to settle for a couple of his home recordings instead.

McCartney was usually the driving force behind the Beatles getting together and getting to work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think the answer is maybe.

But another question would be : "would it matter?" or more correctly: "would they be able to do anything but look like a nostalgia act?"...I mean would they write new material or just cover the old stuff? Writing and practicing new material might take more time than any of them want to devote to this. If they were just covering the old stuff, I'd say forget it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I think the answer is maybe.

But another question would be : "would it matter?" or more correctly: "would they be able to do anything but look like a nostalgia act?"...I mean would they write new material or just cover the old stuff? Writing and practicing new material might take more time than any of them want to devote to this. If they were just covering the old stuff, I'd say forget it.

My guess is they would have written a couple of new songs for the Anthology project, had John been alive.  They did devote some time to that project. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I think they might have. Remember, John and Paul had rekindled their friendship from what I've read. What would have prevented any kind of get together was the business issues that were still out there, but that got resolved I believe sometime in the 1980s.

I think they might have gotten together for a special event -- Live Aid for instance or the Concert for New York.

Who knows?

Heck, if they weren't "lazy" they might have gotten together -- John and Paul anyway -- when Lorne Michaels offered (I always forget the amount) to regroup on SNL. :)

The story, as I recall: Paul was visiting John in New York and they saw the bit on TV and talked about going down to the studio but were "too lazy" to leave the apartment. Funny story -- who knows how much of it is true.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to bellhorn_'s comment:

They would not have gotten together for Live Aid or the Concert for New York.

Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown

Bellhorn - why are you here?

My belief is the Beatles would have been back in the studio together as a group and recorded new material. I do not think they would have ever toured. John basically states this in his interview. They might have made a video like Jagger and Bowie did for Live Aid. They definitely would have played the concert for NY.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

In response to bellhorn_'s comment:

They would not have gotten together for Live Aid or the Concert for New York.

Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown

Bellhorn - why are you here?

My belief is the Beatles would have been back in the studio together as a group and recorded new material. I do not think they would have ever toured. John basically states this in his interview. They might have made a video like Jagger and Bowie did for Live Aid. They definitely would have played the concert for NY.

Agree... I feel Live Aid would have done it. How f***n amazing would that have been?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts