Besides the obvious choices - what bands would you like to see reunite.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Besides the obvious choices - what bands would you like to see reunite.

My number one choice is Mott the Hoople.

Anticipation of the Rascals got me thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Besides the obvious choices - what bands would you like to see reunite.

Ian Hunter will be at the Paradise December 1, 2012...

http://www.mottthehoople.com/

He's still the "voice" of Mott the Hoople...I'd see him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

The Smiths.... The Jam... The Replacements

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I have already seen it happen! Graham Parker and the Rumour. Love it!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/song-premiere-graham-parker-reunites-with-the-rumour-after-three-decades-20120822

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

(What are the obvious ones?)

@ leafs: Ditto on The Mats.

Also:

Genesis

Traffic

Supertramp

The The

and the big one:

Talking Heads

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

If they could hit the notes: Simon and Garfunkel

If they haven't reunited already (not sure, for all I know):  Roxy Music

Following my own thread questions, and with curiosity re: Phil Collins, me too on: Genesis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Most reunions don't bear as much fruit as the original go-round. For obvious reasons. The expectations are usually set too high.

Crosby, Stills , Nash reformed and made some good music. They never matched those first two LPs.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer never were as good as those early LPs.

Deep Purple , I think were sensational in their reunion. But, still the early albums were just about perfect, how can you surpass near perfection?

For these reasons I have no reason to dwell on what could be. So few of the great bands have all their members intact anyway. As I recall Pete Townsend once said something about the history of Rock being paved with bodies. This is a business that takes a heavy toll on the performers who made it great, sort of what the owners of NFL teams expect from the players....sacrifice yourself for the gretaer good of the industry.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

There's a very timely slide show in Rolling Stone online right now called, "13 Tours We'd Like to See in 2013" and I got a laugh when I noticed two of the ones I listed on their list.

Now, is that a bad thing?   hahaha.  :)

Anyhow, I'll post a few of them, as I thought you'd like their tour reunion ideas.

Here's one of them:

Genesis with Peter Gabriel 

Peter Gabriel finally broke down this year and went on his first truly retro tour – a recreation of his 1987 tour in support of So, down to the same band and onstage props. It was a pretty amazing show, but there's something else that the true fans are holding out for: a reunion tour with Genesis. The classic 1970s line-up of Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett met in 2004 to discuss such a tour, but Gabriel ultimately backed out. Since then, Collins has suffered nerve damage in his hands that makes it difficult for him to play drums. This makes a Genesis reunion difficult, but Collins has played a couple times in recent years, and he's said he is making slow and steady progress. Maybe he'll be ready to give it a shot in a year or so. If not, longtime Genesis live drummer Chester Thompson can handle his parts. Whatever happens, Genesis should end their career right where it began. The fans have waited long enough. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Here's another one on the RS list (and my list)

Simon and Garfunkel Farewell Tour 

"Can you imagine us years from today, sharing a park bench quietly?/How terribly strange to be 70," Simon and Garfunkel sang on their classic 1968 tune "Old Friends." Well, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel both turned 70 last year. They aren't just sitting around park benches together throwing crumbs at pigeons, though – both have released new music in the last year and gone on solo tours. For Art, it was his first time playing shows since a major vocal ailment forced the cancellation of a Simon and Garfunkel reunion tour in 2009. He seems to be pretty close to recovery these days, and it's time to make up those gigs. Paul has recently said he wants to tour with Art one last time, and Art has made it clear he's down. So what are they waiting for? If they call it a farewell tour, they'll basically be printing money. "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

One more from the RS list:

David Bowie Farewell Concert

"For those who haven't noticed, David Bowie pretty much vanished sometime around 2006. Sure, he walks the streets of New York with his wife Iman and their daughter and makes the occasional appearance at black tie charity balls and movie premiers – but he hasn't released a new album since 2003 or performed a concert since 2004. He obviously has every right to retire, but the man is only 65. Chuck Berry is a full 20 years older, and he's out there all the time. How great would it be if Bowie did one final tour, giving us all the opportunity to say goodbye? The 2003-4 Reality tour was amazing, but nobody knew it was the end of the line. David, at the very least pull a Led Zeppelin and give us one final concert. Let's end this this properly. Singing "Changes" with Alicia Keys at a charity show is no way to go out. "

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I'm not a big fan of the slide show list style, but if you're interested, be my guest:

Here's the intro to the slides:

13 Tours We'd Like to See in 2013

It's never too early to start thinking about the 2013 touring season. This year has already seen amazing shows from acts including Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Neil Young and Crazy Horse and Radiohead, while the Who and the Rolling Stones are still on their way. But there are lots of other major acts that have been sitting at home for way too long. Read on for the top 13 artists we'd love to see hit the road in the next calendar year, from David Bowie to Outkast. And while this is a dream list, we've tried not to get too implausible – so that means no Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Smiths or any other long-dormant bands that all signs indicate will never, ever reunite.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/13-tours-wed-like-to-see-in-2013-20121012

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Just so happens I'm listening to the new album from a reunited "godspeed You! black emperor" today. Recommended for any post rock fans out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

also would like to see The Oblivians, Husker Du and the Jazz Butcher reunite to tour..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

@yogafriend

I despise the slide show style, I really do. And I think if some of these sites conducted a poll they'd find out, to their surprise, that many people hate it. It's irritating but above all it's incredibly slow. Haven't the people who thought of this noticed that the popular trend is for people to receive information, um...FASTER?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

@yogafriend  I despise the slide show style, I really do. And I think if some of these sites conducted a poll they'd find out, to their surprise, that many people hate it. It's irritating but above all it's incredibly slow. Haven't the people who thought of this noticed that the popular trend is for people to receive information, um...FASTER? 

I despise it, too, Hfx; in one of our threads (can't remember the title of the thread -- had to do with complaints, maybe) -- I remember stating that as far as lists go, this format was just terrible; must have been created by a sadist.  :D   hahaha.

It seems to have been designed to get clicks (which, in some cases, is good for revenue) or to torture the end-user.    Or both.  

Who has time for that, or the patience, or wants to feel exploited -- it's not *THAT* important.   

I just got curious about this one, because it related to this thread -- and I got a laugh out of seeing some of our choices on the RS list.    Otherwise, I say boycott slide-show lists.    PS I liked the write-up of the Bowie Farewell Tour, and since there are some Bowie fans here, that's one I thought was worth copying for the thread.