Best of 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Best of 2010

early pre-usa airplay muse is really, really good. origin of symmetry is an amazing album. radiohead meets rage against the machine.  their next album (absolution) is a much more diverse album, very very rockin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Fcuk-You from Ce Lo Green

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Best of 2010:
    [QUOTE]Fcuk-You from Ce Lo Green
    Posted by schadenfreude99[/QUOTE]

That might be in the running for the greatest song ever written....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I  enjoy Muse.  ....  Not from last year but how do you feel about Sigur Rós .  I find Ágætis Byrjun to be there best LP.  Thom Yorke said he wished that his music could be half as good as theirs and has been trying to capture their sound on the last couple Radiohead LPs.  That's a pretty good recommendation,IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I've warmed up to Muse, but have never really loved them. 

How about Interpol?  Too generic / derivative?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"Turn On The Bright Lights" was great, edgy, ambient stuff...one of the best homages to Joy Division I can think of.  But to me, the later work hasn't improved upon that disc's potential.  At least they're not boring.

In some ways, Sigur Ros leaves me with the same feeling...good and obviously talented, but wanting more somehow.  As techno-mood-atmospheric music goes, there are far worse options.

Muse - great band...again, at least they're never boring (ahem...coldplay).  I've heard positive reviews that their live shows are quite the rock spectacle...I may need to check them out this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Katy Perry is much hotter but I enjoyed this arraignment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E46BhMIRujI

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deer-slayer. Show deer-slayer's posts

[QUOTE]Matty - being that I am an old man with little time for searching out new music and knowing that my tastes run from NY Dolls - Bowie (70's era) - Zep - Queen - Aerosmith - Guns, etc. Give me the names of a couple of bands that I should check out. I know it is lazy on my part, but what can I tell you.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

i know you didn't ask me, but i believe you like music with a 60's vibe (beatles, buffalo springfield, pretty things).
    check out a cd called ALIVE AS YOU ARE by DARKER MY LOVE.
    psych rock at it's best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]I  enjoy Muse.  ....  Not from last year but how do you feel about Sigur Rós .  I find Ágætis Byrjun to be there best LP.  Thom Yorke said he wished that his music could be half as good as theirs and has been trying to capture their sound on the last couple Radiohead LPs.  That's a pretty good recommendation,IMHO
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

sigur ros is amazing plane music or yard work music. i agree about AB being their best. NY batteri is my favorite.

as for muse, i have seen them 4 times live. first time was their first trip to the US in a providence college gym with about 100 people in it, max. matt bellamy is sheer genius in the flesh, the talent in that guy is outrageous. a must see show.

radiohead is the only live band i have seen more, and they are a completely different type of show. soundscapes. most impressive show i have ever seen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Mofro - Georgia Warhorse

Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses - Junky Star

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thanks for the input here BB.

And truly, my condolences for last Sunday. I know how that feels.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, just saw Mofro again last night.

If you love/appreciate quality songwriting funk, soul, blues and great musicianship, go see this band and you can thank me later.   And the topper is JJ Grey's voice.  Incredible.

If you like those genres and enjoy paying $16 for the best show you can see on any given night America, then trust me on this one.

Wed Mar 16 @ The Paradise. 

You're welcome.

http://www.jjgrey.com/tour/map/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like Bruno Mars.

The last album I purchased was GNR Chinese Democracy and it sucked.

Sections
Shortcuts