Best Rock Video

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Best Rock Video

We've moved onto 'hot' videos now, I see.

I will submit the video for Aerosmith's Crazy, featuring Liv Tyler, Alicia Silverstone and approximately twenty-seven fantasy scenarios.  Liv in the skintight black leather pants and baby blue top is pure cardiac arrest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Best Rock Video:
    I would have to say that that Motley Crue video probably sums up the MTV era as well as any other. Hot for Teacher is a better video because Van Halen was a better band, but Girls, Girls, Girls probably takes the prize because it exemplifies what that period (and that genre) was all about. The music didn't have to be any good -- there was no shortage of slutty chicks around to deflect your attention away from the fact that the music sucked. It's the same principle as a magician who entices you to look down his asssitant's dress while he's pulling rabbits out of his pants . . .  or The Runaways, a full decade before, now that I think of it. Could you imagine what they might have done if MTV had been big in 1977?
    Posted by p-mike

Are you saying something is wrong with slutty chicks? Having lived with two topless dancers in my life, I can tell you that it was the perfect combination. Dancers and musicians! And the music of the 80's certainly did not s*ck Mike. It was good - sadly Bon Jovi came and started watering it down. Some of the best hard rockin/blues bands came from the 80's. We'll deal with that on another thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Best Rock Video : I'd like to submit the following video for your consideration.CAUTION:uncensored: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-1801948508/motley_crue_girls_girls_girls_uncensored_official_music_video/
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Now this is what I am talking about. This was exactly the scene that we hung out in. Scores and Pussycat lounge in Manhattan, Goldfingers, Gallaghers, Candlewood and Honey's in Queens, Mickey's in the Bronx and Billy Budd's in Westchester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Best Rock Video : Are you saying something is wrong with slutty chicks? Having lived with two topless dancers in my life, I can tell you that it was the perfect combination. Dancers and musicians! And the music of the 80's certainly did not s*ck Mike. It was good - sadly Bon Jovi came and started watering it down. Some of the best hard rockin/blues bands came from the 80's. We'll deal with that on another thread.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Actually, what I was saying was that Girls, Girls, Girls -- and Motley Crue in general -- sucked, but that's just a matter of taste. I have no doubt there are people in the world who would argue that Bon Jovi was the aptheosis of everything good about the '80s (although I don't personally know any of those people). I'm not entirely sure how you extapolated from my dismissal of Girls, Girls, Girls that I somehow think all the music from the '80s sucked . . .  must be some kind of New York thing . . .   but as I often tell anyone who will listen: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion . . .

even if it is wrong.

Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The music didn't have to be any good -- there was no shortage of slutty chicks around to deflect your attention away from the fact that the music sucked. (Mike)

That was a hint, but I do not mind that. Everyone has their tastes and that is the way it should be.

As long as slutty chicks are plentiful, I'm cool.