Big Head Todd and the Monsters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Big Head Todd and the Monsters

I love Big Head Todd and the Monsters.  Very accessible and fun to listen to without being overly poppy.  He puts on a good show.  But I've always wondered why he wasn't more popular.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Big Head Todd and the Monsters

Maybe because he doesn't know the secret of getting air time - I've never heard of them.  Not that I'm a good indicator, but I do listen to a lot of different stations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Check out
    http://www.bigheadtodd.com/music/discography/beautiful-world

Resignation Superman is great

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Great band, especially live...which might be part of the problem, i.e., the energy of their live show just not translating well enough into the studio.

Widespread Panic has had similar issues - stellar live shows, mediocre studio albums.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I've tried listening to Widespread Panic.  I find the singer's voice annoying and have trouble getting past it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Big Head Todd and the Monsters:
    I've tried listening to Widespread Panic.  I find the singer's voice annoying and have trouble getting past it.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Understood.  Not the first time I've heard that about John Bell, who's voice is unique, but he's still a decent songwriter/guitarist, and WSP for me is all about the live jams...and the buzz.

Some folks say the same about Jim James/My Morning Jacket, but I think his vocals are remarkable with a lot of range and inflection.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Great band, especially live...which might be part of the problem, i.e., the energy of their live show just not translating well enough into the studio. (Matty)

FYI - this is exactly what everyone was saying just prior to the release of KISS Alive

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

They wrote "Bittersweet"?   Awesome song.   Beyond that, I never pursued them. 
     (that song is one of those songs you turn the radio way up for when it happens to come on once in a while)   They seem to have a raw sound that would be great live.  Might be worth checking them out beyond that one hit that I know. 

Sections
Shortcuts