Bob Dylan favorite song survey on WUMB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Bob Dylan favorite song survey on WUMB

In Response to Re: Bob Dylan favorite song survey on WUMB:
    Rainy Day Woman will always be number 1 for me. Then there is a huge tie for #2 on my list.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I won't surprised if this one ends up in the top 10.   And not surprised it's your fave.  Nice choice.   :D

What are the other four?   Amazing number of song choices, huh?  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I tend to lean towards:

All Along the Watchtower
    Tangled Up in Blue
    Times, They are a Changin
    It Ain't Me Babe

I didn't look at the list so I have no idea if these songs are mentioned. I would think they are.

And thanks for the message a couple of weeks ago. All is good now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I tend to lean towards: All Along the Watchtower Tangled Up in Blue Times, They are a Changin It Ain't Me Babe I didn't look at the list so I have no idea if these songs are mentioned. I would think they are. And thanks for the message a couple of weeks ago. All is good now.
    Posted by jesseyeric

The list will be announced tomorrow (the radio station in Boston that did the survey for the listening audience is paying tribute to Dylan on his 70th birthday) -- so I'll post the list when it's available.   I was just remarking on the songs that the forum members listed here in this thread.  Really fun and fascinating to see what we chose.

... and glad you're back and all's well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Very tough to narrow it down to five. I better get mine in before the vote is counted.

Subterranean Homesick Blues
    Tombstone Blues
    Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
    Absolutely Sweet Marie
    Obviously Five Believers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoegirl75. Show shoegirl75's posts

Very hard to pick 5. Depending on my day or mindset, songs will resonate differently. But since I've listened to Dylan since birth these are 5 that are particularly evocative for me.

Every Grain of Sand
    Isis
    I'll Keep It With Mine
    Gotta Serve Somebody
    Jokerman

There are a few more favs that I associate more with The Band but you guys will have to start another discussion.

P.S. I love reading all your posts, this is my 1st contribution. Keep it up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Very hard to pick 5. Depending on my day or mindset, songs will resonate differently. But since I've listened to Dylan since birth these are 5 that are particularly evocative for me. Every Grain of Sand Isis I'll Keep It With Mine Gotta Serve Somebody Jokerman There are a few more favs that I associate more with The Band but you guys will have to start another discussion. P.S. I love reading all your posts, this is my 1st contribution. Keep it up!
    Posted by shoegirl75
    Thank you! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

If you're interested in Dylan covers, this album was released for the 70th birthday bash a few days ago.  Have any of you listened to any of the tracks, yet?  Or downloaded it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Just checked, and the list is up on the website.   It's kept to 70 songs, but it's in alphabetical order, not voting order.   But it's still a cool list.  Here you go. 

"In honor of Bob Dylan's 70th birthday on May 24, 2011, we asked our listeners to vote for the their five favorite Dylan songs. Below, is the list of the Top 70 songs tallied from 1,094 votes cast for more than 130 different songs. Voters came from 28 states and 5 countries.

All of these songs, sung by Bob Dylan or others, will be played on WUMB on his 70th birthday."

http://www.wumb.org/music/Dylan70songs.php

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

I came accross this on CNN and it made me think of this post:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/24/bob.dylan.songs.rs/index.html?hpt=Sbin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Late to the party, but my top five would be:

Tangled Up In Blue
    Don't Think Twice
    I Shall Be Released
    The Times They Are a'Changin'
    Forever Young

Sections
Shortcuts