Bob Mould at Paradise 9/10/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Bob Mould at Paradise 9/10/12

Was lucky to purchase a ticket for the sold out show from Bob Mould at the Paradise in Boston last nighta and so glad I did.. Amazing is all I can say., Not sure how old Bob is nowadays but he plays like he is 20. Incredible energy.. Incredible sound. He ripped through Copper Blue, Sugars first album which was released 20 years ago. Then played a mix of a few new songs and some old ones (including a few for the Husker Du days).... To me Bob is a music legend.. What was nice was he was really seeming to enjoy himself..  I was never fortuante enough to see Husker Du back in the day.. But when he tore into I Apologize last night it felt like I was.. Great show from a great musician.. Thank you Bob

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Bob Mould at Paradise 9/10/12

Nice.  

You probably know he has a new album that was released last week (I wanted to post about it, and tried, but the forum transition made it impossible; today is better) entitled, "Silver Age."

There are loads of reviews and it got quite a bit of press, but here's one review out of many.  BTW, he's 51.      

Note also that the article states that Merge re-issued Sugar's entire back catalog.   I own "File Under Easy Listening"; when radio was decent, "Your Favorite Thing" was on rotation on alt radio stations in Boston, and I also had a friend who was a huge fan.   Glad the concert met your expectations.  

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/09/bob-mould-silver-age.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Re: Bob Mould at Paradise 9/10/12

Yeah... I was going to pick up the new CD at show last night. But it was way to crowded to get near the table where it was being sold.. I was blown away by his performance.. He played David Letterman last week and was awesome with a new song frm the CD on that

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts