'BOB SEGER': His Story and Music.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: 'BOB SEGER': His Story and Music.

Seger's one of many 70s/80s big stars that started in the 60s in cool garage punk bands....also Billy Gibbons, one of the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd....more I can't remember right now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I grew up in 1970s America.  I never got Springsteen;  always thought he was talented, but never excited me and always seemed to be pushing a message at me rather than encouraging me to learn something.  Just my take at the time.

Never rated Johnny Cougar/John Mellancamp, still don't, but am open to learn.

Tom Petty I couldn't stand at the time for musical reasons alone, can't remember why.  Lots of my friends loved him but not me.  At some point about 10-15 years ago I finally got it, he's brilliant.

Seger?  Among the most underrated artists to me.  I actually liked him a bit at the time, but reckon I ignorantly saw him as just a guy with a few catchy songs.  He's much more than that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

FWIW, Ned, I was born in 1961.  As I wrote, I'm open to learn and will listen to JCM again and reconsider.

I also was a huge seller of AC/DC 30 years ago.  Hated almost all "metal" then as now, and ignorantly thought of them as part of that genre.  My best mate got me a ticket to see them and I reluctanty went (1981? 2? 3?....it was post-Bon Scott anyway).

What an idiot I was (hopefully better now).  Not a metal band then, not a metal band now, doesn't matter anyway.....one of the best rock'n'roll bands ever...could go on for ever.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts