Bond-Heavy Medley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Bond-Heavy Medley

The 50th anniversary of the Bond movie series will be celebrated at the upcoming Oscars (zzzzzzzzzz ... that's me dozing off   :D ), and some of that party time will be spent honoring Bond songs; the latest "Skyfall" theme is also a hot nominated contender for original song (and considered one of the best Bond songs, as they stack up).  

Sir Tom Jones (that's right, it's 'Sir') of Thunderball fame, will join Dame Shirley Bassey (that's right, it's 'Dame') of Goldfinger fame, along with the delightfully candid Adele for a movie-themed medley.   Why bother even nominating anyone else?  This one's in the bag.  

Just in case you're interested.  :)   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Bond-Heavy Medley

Will Sir Paul and Sir Simon be joining them...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Sir Paul may make a "sir-prise" appearance.  One never knows.  

I'm not sure he'd want to upstage Sir Tom, though.  :D 

Seth McFarlane has already prepared himself to lose in the original song category, which is probably for the best.   :D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Trivia Fun:

1) Name the Bond theme songs which have been nominated by the Academy.

2) Name the only Bond theme song to hit #1 on the U.S. charts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Trivia Fun:

Where is everyone today??     

Question 1:  Live and Let Die ; Goldfinger ;  Nobody Does it Better     ???

Question 2:  Live and Let Die   ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Trivia Fun:

Where is everyone today??     

Question 1:  Live and Let Die ; Goldfinger ;  Nobody Does it Better     ???

Question 2:  Live and Let Die   ??

Yes on #1. (plus, "Skyfall", 2012)

#2 = Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Trivia Fun:

# 1 - Live and Let Die = Paul McArtney, Goldfinger - Bassy (?), others?????
    #2 - A View To a Kill - Duran Duran

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I heard Adele's song, "Skyfall" on the radio yesterday, and for an original movie song, and certainly as a Bond song, it fits the bill quite nicely (I'd heard it before yesterday ... I just haven't heard it very often).   Excellent job.  No contest.  

Following  "Skyfall" , the station played the winner of the Academy Award for best song a few years ago, a song I'd never heard called, "The Weary Kind" (from Crazy Heart, which I've never seen) written by Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett.    I was taken aback by it, just didn't expect a song like this to have won an Academy Award (okay, I'm out of it ..:)  )  -- nice song (and acoustic guitar) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zelvaxvTaUk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Following  "Skyfall" , the station played the winner of the Academy Award for best song a few years ago, a song I'd never heard called, "The Weary Kind" (from Crazy Heart, which I've never seen) written by Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett.    I was taken aback by it, just didn't expect a song like this to have won an Academy Award (okay, I'm out of it ..:)  )  -- nice song (and acoustic guitar) :

This was my first exposure to Ryan Bingham as well.  Good tune from a talented guy.  Good flick, too, IMO, but I'm a Jeff Bridges fan generally.

Coincidence: JB = James Bond & Jeff Bridges (!)  :P

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

This was my first exposure to Ryan Bingham as well.  Good tune from a talented guy.  Good flick, too, IMO, but I'm a Jeff Bridges fan generally.

JB (squared) -- good one.   

Shirley Bassey performed "Goldfinger" on the Academy Awards last p.m., and while she can't sing like a 23-year old,  Bassey sure belted out that song; totally delivered the goods.

I can't help but like Adele's acceptance speeches; can't help but like the way she carries off the (throwback) heavy eyeliner, too.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

JB (squared) -- good one.   

Shirley Bassey performed "Goldfinger" on the Academy Awards last p.m., and while she can't sing like a 23-year old,  Bassey sure belted out that song; totally delivered the goods.

I can't help but like Adele's acceptance speeches; can't help but like the way she carries off the (throwback) heavy eyeliner, too.    

Glad you enjoyed them.  Alas, I missed both but will look them up at some point.  

I don't really have the patience for award shows any more.

Sections
Shortcuts